Fulham 2 Newcastle United 1 - Post Match Thread

this team has made a season out of bouncing back from poor losses like this one, and although i don't hold out a ton of hope against liverpool, i haven't seen much this season to leave me despairing about the prospect of going on a vindicating run after that....

We were lucky against Spurs and Villa. Then not so lucky against Fulham. Thats the kind of run i fear Roeder is mainly going to be capable of taking us on.

Yeah we were lucky against those teams, but when you've had the bad luck we've had this year with injuries and what not, we deserve a bit of luck now and then.

Not disagreeing with that, what I feel it does is cover up the inadequacies of both our squad and our current manager and give false hope - christ, some people still think we can get a top 6 spot!  Give me a break!

this team has made a season out of bouncing back from poor losses like this one, and although i don't hold out a ton of hope against liverpool, i haven't seen much this season to leave me despairing about the prospect of going on a vindicating run after that....

We were lucky against Spurs and Villa. Then not so lucky against Fulham. Thats the kind of run i fear Roeder is mainly going to be capable of taking us on.

Yeah we were lucky against those teams, but when you've had the bad luck we've had this year with injuries and what not, we deserve a bit of luck now and then.

Not disagreeing with that, what I feel it does is cover up the inadequacies of both our squad and our current manager and give false hope - christ, some people still think we can get a top 6 spot!  Give me a break!

With the league in it's current state, I wouldn't rule it out. I wuldn't rule anything out.

With the league in it's current state, I wouldn't rule it out. I wuldn't rule anything out.

If we carry on this win one, lose one campaign we'll get nowhere near 6th. I'd be happy with top 10 this season.

Bad luck with injuries?? Who?

Who are we missing now? Only 2 players that i WANT in the first team. The rest are simply not good enough for a top half Premiership team.

Who are we missing now? Only 2 players that i WANT in the first team. The rest are simply not good enough for a top half Premiership team.

Zog and Owen?

Zog and Owen?

Pretty much. Shay is clearly a big loss, but Harper is a capable stand in, something we lack in pretty much every other area of the pitch.

Guest Gemmill

I'd much prefer to have Baba at LB than Carr Ramage or Hunty. I'd like Zog in the team, and Owen, and Given.

You have to take into account that because we had 14 injuries a few weeks ago, the managers hands were tied. He had to play the same team pretty much, with no room to bring someone off the bench to change a game, or to give players a rest.

I would say Roeder has handled it very well.

We've showed glimpses in a few matches this year of what Roeder did last year, and I think we need to stick with him.

Thing is though, once his hand isn't forced with team selections, will he get them right?  We'll see, but I reckon probably not tbh.

Guest newcastle4life

Bad lose must bounce back quickly dont understand why he played Carr wont do that again know he is injured again.

Sorry for bumping this, but did any of you lot go to this match and sit in the "neutral end"? We're down there in a couple of weeks, and I'm toying with sitting in there, as i can't get tickets for the away end.

How "neutral" is it? Does it mean supporters of *neither* club or supporters of both clubs? Is wearing colours in there a problem?

Sorry for bumping this, but did any of you lot go to this match and sit in the "neutral end"? We're down there in a couple of weeks, and I'm toying with sitting in there, as i can't get tickets for the away end.

How "neutral" is it? Does it mean supporters of *neither* club or supporters of both clubs? Is wearing colours in there a problem?

Yup, you can wear colours in there. Didn't go in this time but have done in the past and I've never seen any problems.

I'd much prefer to have Baba at LB than Carr Ramage or Hunty. I'd like Zog in the team, and Owen, and Given.

You have to take into account that because we had 14 injuries a few weeks ago, the managers hands were tied. He had to play the same team pretty much, with no room to bring someone off the bench to change a game, or to give players a rest.

I would say Roeder has handled it very well.

We've showed glimpses in a few matches this year of what Roeder did last year, and I think we need to stick with him.

Last summer, everyone knew that we needed 2 strikers, a left back, a right back, ans a centre half. By the end of the summer transfer window, what had Roeder done?

He's tied his own hands, the useless twat.

Yup, you can wear colours in there. Didn't go in this time but have done in the past and I've never seen any problems.

Cheers mate!