The Nicky Butt back pass.

James

footballs about thinking a step ahead.  while carr may not have had many great options from the throw, butt had zero outlets from the position he got the ball in (facing his own goal with 3 fulham players closing him down and one lurking).  the correct thing woukld have been to throw the ball down the line, at least concede possesion further upfield.  playing it to butt in that position was just asking for trouble.

That's just looking for a scape-goat instead of blaming whoever is to blame, tbh. If Carr had threw it straight to the opposition, you'd all have been complaining about Carr's stupid throw in when he didn't even try to pass a Toon player :idiot2:

i am actually not a member of the "Carr Haters Club", so chances are i wouldn't be complaining if he had done that.  I'm not saying its completly carr's fault, because as i said, the final blame is with butt who made the backpass, but he was put in a really poor situation that he shouldn't have been due to carr's poor throw in.

Guest Ridzuan

Well,as much as I would like to agree that it was Carr's fault for passing the ball to Butt,I think Butt could have handle the situation better at the same time.Therefore,both of them were at fault.

This would NEVER EVER even be debated if it wouldn't have been your little favorite scapegoat Carr. A throw-in in a midfield position, to a player your own team. How on Earth can you put blame on that player? The goal was 100% Butt's fault, and I think he'll be the first to admit it himself. If you want to think Carr is shit, fine, but there is NO NEED for scapegoating him.

towlie, no one is 'scapegoating' him. I can only speak for myself, because am not one of the ones who believe carr is the worst player ever. all i'm saying is his poor throw-in lead to a shitty position for nicky butt, which lead to a shitty goal for fulham.

Butt could have atempted to kick against the 2 players in his face for another throw or passed it to Bramble in space. It looked to me like he crossed it instead hoping to reach Gooch but it fell short. Carr could have thrown up field as said.