The Nicky Butt back pass.

James

I've been having this argument with my mate for years. He reckons Boro are the worst team in the league for taking shit throw-ins and losing possession, I reckon we are.

I've got some nice evidence to show him tonight.

:o

As much as i hate that fat excuse for a player,it was totally Nicky's fault,he couldve at least played the ball to the stands instead of that horrible back pass.

I'd go along with that, if it was the other way round Butt wouldn't be getting any blame.

Throw-ins aren't something you can really notice on television, but today, with the full pitch in sight, it was obvious to me that:

a) Stephen Carr was going to throw it to Butt about five seconds before he threw it.

b) He took so long to throw it that pretty much everyone was being marked by the time he got round to it.

c) His best option was a long throw down the line, which he looked at for several moments, before obviously deciding that he couldn't be bothered.

I've been having this argument with my mate for years. He reckons Boro are the worst team in the league for taking shit throw-ins and losing possession, I reckon we are.

It's definitely us, we take too long, don't give the thrower enough options and just stand still so we can easily be marked.

T27 I agree that it was one of our usual shit throw-ins, but like has been said above Butt could have done something other than providing the perfect through-ball for their player to latch onto. Bramble was stood in position unmarked waiting to clear it, Butt just didn't look where he was playing it. The only thing that lead to that goal was Butt's pass, Carr's throw was shit, but it didn't cause the goal.

I hate how if we get a throw in deep in our own half, the opposition will pack the corner so they can try and nick it in an already dangerous position, but when the opposite happens, we just let the buggers take it and put no pressure on whatsoever.

Our long throws are poor,so we usually play them short and end up losing the ball...

But one thing that really pissed me off today was how Diop tossed Carr into the ground and passed to McBride

not saying it was a foul or anything,but i thought the fat basterd have some balance,just to find out he is not physicaly strong aswell..

Useless F***ER

just saw the back pass on Super Saturday.  :o     commentator on the throw-in etc."teammates are supposed to help each other, but watch this from carr-- he should throw long up field but he's thrown to carr who's immediately put under pressure.  he makes a hopeful back pass into his own penalty area and helgeson is on it in a flash.  ...disaster from carr and even worse from butt."   pardon my paraphrasing but that's pretty close to word for word.  they even had a brief segment on how this mistake/s was the turning point of the match!   

so, stephen carr, i salute you-->  :pottytrain2:

and nicky, for shame, you know better than to make that decision. :uglystupid2:

I'm glad it's not just my pet hate. I don't think I've ever seen a team concede possession so easily from throw-ins. If it's in our half we may as well just give the oppo the ball.

We are the kings for that. Give us a throw in or a free kick around the opposition's last third, more often than not we'll have the ball down at the other end of the pitch with us scrambling back for our lives within seconds.

Fuck off! It was Butts fault and no one else! Ridiculous how you try to get your new hero off any blame to put it on Carr. How the fuck was Carr supposed to know that Butt was going to to his best pass of the season to a player not in our team?

IF you want to blame anyone else, it should be Parker, Duff or Bramble for not making runs to create opportunities for Carr to throw it to.

i think the final blame rests with butt, but carr put him in a 'no-win' situation.  it ended up as the backpass, but butts only other option would have to been to kick it aimlessly elesewhere and probably loose possesion. shitty throw in, shitty pass.

i think the final blame rests with butt, but carr put him in a 'no-win' situation.  it ended up as the backpass, but butts only other option would have to been to kick it aimlessly elesewhere and probably loose possesion. shitty throw in, shitty pass.

So, lose possession wouldn't have been better I take it? Especially since that goal got Fulham to wake up. Without that goal I still we could've won the game, with Martins having, from what I've seen of him, his best overall game.

footballs about thinking a step ahead.  while carr may not have had many great options from the throw, butt had zero outlets from the position he got the ball in (facing his own goal with 3 fulham players closing him down and one lurking).  the correct thing woukld have been to throw the ball down the line, at least concede possesion further upfield.  playing it to butt in that position was just asking for trouble.