Nigeria threaten to report Newcastle and Chelsea

JH

There was no sign, however, of Obafemi Martins in the 18-man Nigeria squad - despite Newcastle saying the forward had been given permission to play.

Thats from the Soccernet report - Ghana won 4-1.

Somebody is going to get pissed off :lol:

Lets hope there was a good reason they didnt play him (unless its: he injured himself in training )

There was no sign, however, of Obafemi Martins in the 18-man Nigeria squad - despite Newcastle saying the forward had been given permission to play.

Thats from the Soccernet report - Ghana won 4-1.

Somebody is going to get pissed off :lol:

Lets hope there was a good reason they didnt play him (unless its: he injured himself in training )

Lets hope GR asked them not to, and they agreed.

Building relations etc.

Guest smoggeordie

Martins declared "missing"

Nigeria coach Augustine Eguavoen has slammed  Obafemi Martins  for going AWOL for Tuesday's friendly against Ghana. He said he would report the Newcastle striker to FIFA, with strict new rules meaning he could risk a ban from club matches.

Eguavoen says Martins failed to join up with the squad for the game at Brentford's Griffin Park, and even suggested that the 22-year-old had left the country.

"He was invited but to my great surprise he is not here. He's nowhere to be found - he's not even in England," said Eguavoen.

"I will go to FIFA as it's the highest authority in football and this is the highest level of disrespect."

If Martins is found to have snubbed his country, he could face a domestic suspension.

Earlier this season, FIFA threatened to ban Chelsea's Claude Makelele for two matches for every France game he missed.

The midfielder had attempted to retire from international football but found himself called up by France anyway, a situation that led Jose Mourinho to describe Makelele as being treated like "a slave".

Nowhere to be found. :lol: Reckon they've been round to Baltic Quays, braying on his door? Probably got sent away with more than a flea in their ear if Emre came out to see what commotion the blacks were causing. They'd need Peasepud to hold him back.

I'll be fucking mega pissed off if he gets suspended like.

Nowhere to be found. :lol: Reckon they've been round to Baltic Quays, braying on his door? Probably got sent away with more than a flea in their ear if Emre came out to see what commotion the blacks were causing. They'd need Peasepud to hold him back.

I'll be fucking mega pissed off if he gets suspended like.

:lol:

Guest Ridzuan

I like what Eguavoen said about the issue.

"If they don't want their guys playing for Nigeria then they should stop Frank Lampard playing for England and Ricardo Carvalho playing for Portugal.

As much as I would like to disagree with him,I think he is speaking correctly.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont think the Nigerian manager is one who will believe in stories easily.Therefore,it will take Martins to bring the manager to visit his sick mother,if the story is to be believed.

Guest smoggeordie

I dont think the Nigerian manager is one who will believe in stories easily.Therefore,it will take Martins to bring the manager to visit his sick mother,if the story is to be believed.

Martins: "Me mams ill"

Gaffer "Nor she aint"

Martins: "Aye she is"

Gaffer: "Prove it"

Martins: "Nor"

Gaffer: "Get iz a doctors note or its unautherised absence and you'll be in detention".

etc....

Martins: "Me mams ill"

Gaffer "Nor she aint"

Martins: "Aye she is"

Gaffer: "Prove it"

Martins: "Nor"

Gaffer: "Get iz a doctors note or its unautherised absence and you'll be in detention".

martins: "which doctor ?"

gaffer: "well ye can if ye want but it's a bit old fashioned,just for the tourists really"

come on,you were all thinking it!!