Woody: I haven't got a clue

Mags Serbia

From eurosport.com:

Jonathan Woodgate has admitted he "hasn't got a clue" what is going on over his club future. The Real Madrid defender dismissed claims that he has sealed a permanent move to Middlesbrough, where he is on a season-long loan.

That comes despite Real Madrid wishing Woodgate well in the 'new stage of his sporting career' after claiming a deal had been struck with Boro earlier in the week.

"I have not got a clue. I have got a contract with Madrid and all this stuff comes out and I have not got a clue what is happening," said Woodgate.

"I have got a contract at Madrid and I will see what happens at he end of the season and see where I go in the summer.

"They agreed a fee with Middlesbrough at the start of the season, but then it all came out saying I was going.

"I have not been transferred. I am a Real Madrid player and I am on loan at Middlesbrough.

"We will see what happens at the end of the year and I will take a decision then."

http://i.eurosport.com/2007/02/09/336446-1742575-458-238.jpg

Fulfiled his dream of playing for his hometown club, seen them for what they are, and wants a decent move in the summer. About the jist of it  ;D

Serious idea:-

Anyone fancy trying to set-up a "Woody for the Toon" campaign/web-site etc. a la the Hitzfeld thing??  Sounds stupid, but would be more likely to be successfull, perhaps... Easier to reach etc.

Think about it.  He's up for sale at the end of the season (apparently) and he always speaks well of his time here.  Fat Fred seems to still have a soft spot for him, Glenda wanted him in the summer, he's the best defender i've ever watched in a toon shirt (bar none) and he seems to have got over the worst of his injury probs.  Should never have left imo. THE answer to our probs in defence.

I reckon he's too good for the Smogs, and he knows it...  just wanted to spend a season at his home town club with no pressure to get his shit sorted out.

I would LOVE to see Woody marshall our defence next term. God knows, we could use his class.

I'd love him back and he is too good for the smogs, but he is also too good for us. If the big four didn't come in for him i think the only chance we would have of getting him is if Boro went down (won't happen) or we got in the Champions League (won't happen). I'd love to be wrong though. Theres not many player who have became one of my all time favourite's without playing over a couple of seasons for us but he is definitely one of them.

Worth a try though?  We can try and pull on his heartstrings etc.  Convince him that with him back, we could get back to where we were (why not?).  And we're the biggest club in the North-East, he's a North-East lad etc. etc.

Who knows how to set-up a web-site?  Who did the Hitzfeld thing?

its a crime we did not manage to get him on loan for this season when he was available.

however listening to Woodgate comments about how he has still not decided his future despite Boro's bid being accepted and about seeing what his options are in the Summer i still think we have a good chance if we made a attempt to buy him permanently in the Summer.

regards his ability he is arguably England best all round centre half when fit he simply has it all fantastic on the ball like Ferdinand, can leap and head on par with Terry, and his tackle is better then any English centre half.

I for one would love a Jonathan Woodgate and Steven Taylor partnership at centre half for years to come.

its a crime we did not manage to get him on loan for this season when he was available.

however listening to Woodgate comments about how he has still not decided his future despite Boro's bid being accepted and about seeing what his options are in the Summer i still think we have a good chance if we made a attempt to buy him permanently in the Summer.

By all accounts, Shepherd wanted him, Roeder wanted Huth, we ended up with neither. I cannot see Roeder changing his mind somehow.

By the by, Bolton have already started tying up their summer transfers.

Bolton have signed two players from the start of next season, Switzerland international Blerim Dzemaili and Frenchman Gerald Cid.

Midfielder Dzemaili, 20, featured for the Swiss against Germany in midweek. He joins on a two-year contract.

"Blerim is a fantastic player who has played for the best team in Switzerland for the past three years," Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce said.

"For someone so young he has a wealth of experience. At the tender age of 20 he is the skipper of FC Zurich and is expected to become a regular international for Switzerland in the years ahead."

Cid, 23, has signed for four years from Bordeaux.

"We have been monitoring Gerald for quite some time," Allardyce added. "Our scouts have rated him as one of the best young defenders in France."