Gossip: Reo Coker and Owen

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

TOON'S REO BID

By Ray Ryan

NEWCASTLE will make a £5million move for Nigel Reo-Coker in the summer — and they are about to clinch a new deal with James Milner.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder has earmarked the Hammers skipper as a possible replacement for Turkish star Emre, whose future is in doubt over a race row.

And Roeder is ready to raid his former club to make a move for 22-year-old midfielder Reo-Coker.

Quit

Winger Milner has also given the Geordies a boost after pledging his future to the club despite nearly quitting five months ago.

Milner, 21, is on the verge of signing a new four-year contract which will keep him at St James' Park until 2011.

Milner almost quit for Aston Villa in the summer after a spell on loan.

But he said: "Since I have come back I have hit the ground running. I kept my house up here and that helps.

"This has been a fantastic season because I am enjoying my football.

"I would like to stay here a long time."

ALSO ON OWEN

NOTW reckon he his big buds with the new Liverpol owners, and they want him back at Liverpool as long as Benitez also wants him

Owen is a geordie, no chancce will he return to Liverpool after all we have done for him

sounds intresting. but to be honest I haven´t seem him so much so I don´t really know if he is going to be better then Emre.

But it sounds intresting and for me Emre isen´t good enough

Owen link was bound to come out sooner or later.

Liverpool can't score consistently, while Liverpool missed out before because they couldn't afford him. With the cash inflow, newspapers are going to jump to the obvious conclusion that he is Liverpool bound.

Unlikely I'd say.

Reo-Coker would be somewhat of a gamble considering he's only performed consistently for one season.. and even if West Ham are relegated, as the England u21 captain, he's sure to have an overinflated price tag. I'm undecided about Sidwell, he'd only leave Reading for guarenteed first team football and i don't know wether he's good enough to merit it.

more likely if liverpool were wanting to show off their new found wealth then it would be david villa they will go for seen as they were linked to heavily in the summer. Also rememebering back to the whole thing surrounding the transfer rafa let him go on to pastures new owen always said that he was a liverpool for life man and he went anyway. I have to think that rafa would feel mega red faced if he put in a 12million bid for a striker he didnt want to hold onto. Also have to agree pundits the world over would be giving owen a hard time for comming to a team playing under 1000 mins and leaving,

Guest Deep456

I'd demand our money back for Owen, considering they are supposed to be minted now.

Aye and buy Huntalaar and Emanuelson with that money plus 3million :D

I will rather have Reo-Cocker as a replasement for Butt

I will rather have Reo-Cocker as a replasement for Parka

Are you on drugs again?

and

Why do u hate Parker so much?

Never done drugs.

Don't hate Parker, just don't think he's very good.

Why do you hate Butt so much? Or is it as I suspect and that it's because you don't think he's very good, which is the same as I feel about Parker of course, yet I don't accuse you of hating Butt.

Reo-Coker would be somewhat of a gamble considering he's only performed consistently for one season.. and even if West Ham are relegated, as the England u21 captain, he's sure to have an overinflated price tag. I'm undecided about Sidwell, he'd only leave Reading for guarenteed first team football and i don't know wether he's good enough to merit it.

Agreed. It pays to be wary when signing players for big money who have only had one decent season at the top level. Applies to Sidwell and Reo-Coker imo. Among others.

smart money would be on emre due to the whole racist thing, butt isnt safe either as he is 31 now? 32/33 next season so we need to think about replacements. As for parker I agree he hasn't been the player we had last season but he is only 27 so would be a better one for the future than butt plus roeder made him the captain so unless parker wanted to leave nothing is going to change.

Agreed. It pays to be wary when signing players for big money who have only had one decent season at the top level. Applies to Sidwell and Reo-Coker imo. Among others.

Sidwell's on a free as i'm sure you know, only reason I mentioned him. Otherwise he shouldn't be touched.

Are you on drugs again?

and

Never done drugs.

Why do you hate Butt so much? Or is it as I suspect and that it's because you don't think he's very good, which is the same as I feel about Parker of course, yet I don't accuse you of hating Butt.

I dont hate Butt i just think that he is past his best,he is 32 and he dont have too much time ahead of him so thats why we must have a back up for him

Parker on the other hand is 26 and the best years of his career are in front of him

Recently he was poor but every player has his ups and downs

I dont think that he is as poor as you say he is...

But every person has his own opinion so...

Sidwell's on a free as i'm sure you know, only reason I mentioned him. Otherwise he shouldn't be touched.

I actually pay very little attention to whether players are on a free or not as whatever is saved in the fee to a club will likely to go the player in signing on fee and wages, plus agent pay-off anyway. They still cost.

Are you on drugs again?

and

Never done drugs.

I dont hate Butt i just think that he is past his best,he is 32 and he dont have too much time ahead of him so thats why we must have a back up for him

Parker on the other hand is 26 and the best years of his career are in front of him

Recently he was poor but every player has his ups and downs

I dont think that he is as poor as you say he is...

But every person has his own opinion so...

Right. So stop the daft remarks about drugs and hating Parker just because I have a different opinion to yours.

Cheers

I actually pay very little attention to whether players are on a free or not as whatever is saved in the fee to a club will likely to go the player in signing on fee and wages, plus agent pay-off anyway. They still cost.

What and if we'd payed a fee the player wouldn't have got his signing on fee and the agent wouldn't have been payed off?

Including these payments however, I'd see us getting Sidwell in on a free a tidy deal.

What and if we'd payed a fee the player wouldn't have got his signing on fee and the agent wouldn't have been payed off?

Including these payments however, I'd see us getting Sidwell in on a free a tidy deal.

Well I'm not a football insider or an agent but I thought they get their fees even if the club gets a fee, the difference is that their fees will be bigger if the club doesn't get a fee. It may not add up to as much but there is no such thing really as a free player.