Arsenal

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Undoubtedly a superb football team to watch on their day but every now and again they remind you that they're all a bunch of twats. Take Thierry Henry for instance; unbelievable footballer but if he'd try to wind me up the way he did Kirkland today I'd have twated the c***.  :tickedoff:

That's all. I'm off for nice cup of Horlicks now.  :cheesy:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Henry is a classless, classless player.  The diving, the theatrics, I can't stand him.  I bet Kirkland wished he had Robbie Savage or the iron elbows of Ben Thatcher to sort out the Henry business.  Not that I'd like to see Henry turned into a vegetable, I just want to see him get his ass handed to him some time.

Guest kingdawson

Wigan should have had a pen and arsenal should have been a man down. The ref was absolutly useless. Oh and Fairy boy Henry is a major cunt.

Guest Geordiesned

What did he do?

After Arsenal's equaliser Henry taunted him by holding the ball in his face suggesting that Kirkland had been time wasting. Kirkland did well not to react and Henry was booked for it.

Terrible performance by the ref today. Blatant pen for Wigan turned down which would have been a red card as well. Also, there was an offside in the move that let to the equaliser and a Wigan player wasn't allowed back on the pitch by the ref after having treatment. Paul Jewell looked like he was going to start a fight with the ref at the end.

Guest andynufc84

What did he do?

After Arsenal's equaliser Henry taunted him by holding the ball in his face suggesting that Kirkland had been time wasting. Kirkland did well not to react and Henry was booked for it.

Terrible performance by the ref today. Blatant pen for Wigan turned down which would have been a red card as well. Also, there was an offside in the move that let to the equaliser and a Wigan player wasn't allowed back on the pitch by the ref after having treatment. Paul Jewell looked like he was going to start a fight with the ref at the end.

Don't blame him. Arsenal undoubtedly the better side but I reckon Wigan deserved something from the game

Guest kingdawson

The 'great' Andy Gray has just informed us that Henry didnt dive, it was infact a "stumble" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. Gray's bumming of the top 4 is getting disgusting now.

Guest kingdawson

oh just found out Phil Dowd was the ref for last seasons worthington cup semi final between Wigan and Arsenal when he dissallowed 3 stone wall Wigan penalties. Pathetic really.

Lehmann was up to his usual tricks aswell, when "accidently" threw the ball off the advertising board to waste more time, and then placed the ball on the opposite side of the sox-yard box.

to be fair, kirkland had been doing that all game and arsenal were denied a perfectly good goal for off side

just trying to even the argument out a bit

Henry is a classless, classless player.  The diving, the theatrics, I can't stand him.  I bet Kirkland wished he had Robbie Savage or the iron elbows of Ben Thatcher to sort out the Henry business.  Not that I'd like to see Henry turned into a vegetable, I just want to see him get his ass handed to him some time.

bollocks!

he is a great player, one of the best around - there aren't many theatrics with him, just class!

I recall when we beat them in London 3 or 4 seasons ago (Bernard scored with winner?) and Henry threw a complete tantrum at the end.  He always comes across as a nice bloke in interviews, but ever since then I've lost respect for him.  Still a great player though.

The last time we won there was 01/02 when we won 3-1 with O'Brien, Shearer and Robert scoring.

I recall when we beat them in London 3 or 4 seasons ago (Bernard scored with winner?) and Henry threw a complete tantrum at the end.  He always comes across as a nice bloke in interviews, but ever since then I've lost respect for him.  Still a great player though.

The last time we won there was 01/02 when we won 3-1 with O'Brien, Shearer and Robert scoring.

Yeah thats the one.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/1711251.stm

I thought Bernard got on the scoresheet for some reason.

Yeah thats the one.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/1711251.stm

I thought Bernard got on the scoresheet for some reason.

"At the final whistle, Henry had to be pushed by several team-mates and Newcastle players as he tried to confront Poll."

Arsenal are a great side to watch, but they will only underachieve until they get consistency. For my money, Man United are infinitely better than Arsenal this year - they might not be as entertaining to watch, but they get the results, which is what matters most.

Also, the media cringe to Arsenal is vomit inducing. Listen to Ray Stubbs when he presents 606, and he has got his tongue right up Wenger's sphincter. He actually refers to him, every single time, as Mr Wenger, in a 'we aren't worthy' style.