St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

You were the one saying we won't get £10 million so I wanted to know what you thought we would get.

Nobody wanted it last time because *****@St James' Park is awful, offering up a package and a shirt sponsoring deal makes sense for the sponsor, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a new sponsor is already in place and asked for the full name as part of the package.

If we get £8 million it will be excellent.

Why would it be excellent if we get £8 million?

More profit for the club means more expendable cash for transfers, no?

You were the one saying we won't get £10 million so I wanted to know what you thought we would get.

Nobody wanted it last time because *****@St James' Park is awful, offering up a package and a shirt sponsoring deal makes sense for the sponsor, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a new sponsor is already in place and asked for the full name as part of the package.

Think of the boreholes!

Statement re the renaming of St James' Park

Cabinet Member for Quality of Life, Coun Henri Murison, said: “The name of St James’ Park has been synonymous with Newcastle United football club and the city for more than 130 years.

“It is recognised around the world and the decision to change it, without consultation, will upset the overwhelming majority of fans who loyally support the team week in and week out.

“While I understand the commercial reasons for renaming sports venues when they relocate, this is not the case in this instance, and some things are beyond profit when they mean so much to people.

“The football club is part of the beating heart of the city, and while the council values its relationship with the club, it has no plans to change any existing wayfinding signs which bear the name St James’ Park.

“As far as the fans and Newcastle City Council are concerned, the home of Newcastle United will always be known as St James’ Park.”

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/news-story/statement-re-renaming-st-james-park

whats stopping the council putting some geet big ST James Park signs up on highways near the entrances to St James Park?

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Looking forward to seeing the Sports Direct Arena empty for next home game as fans vote with feet #itwillbeasellout

Just want to punch the fucker sometimes. cunt.

Looking forward to seeing the Sports Direct Arena empty for next home game as fans vote with feet #itwillbeasellout

Just want to punch the fucker sometimes. cunt.

Of course it will, you will be there too Jonny so simmer down.

Guest Geordiesned

Llambias has just been asked by Llambias on Radio Newcastle what will happen if nobody comes in to buy the naming rights. He said they would continue on with it they couldn't go back.

So lies about it being temporary already.

grow up lol

how is that a lie?  so when our players say we going to win this game for our fans and then we lose,  oh its a lie,  oh dear  :naughty:

Grow up?? That example is nothing like this situation!  :idiot2:

Genuinely sorry to hear this.

If any other industry treated its customers the way football fans get treated they wouldn't exist.

and for the silver-lining crowd quoting sums of 8-10m; good. We now know the price of your soul.

:lol: :lol:

£35 million didn't do much of that.

That's right because it was all going to be spent in the Summer! :lol:

We'll sign a striker in January, probably Maiga and then the rest will be spread out over a few more years IMO.

Guest Geordiesned

It would make no financial sense to have Sports Direct as the stadium name and the shirt sponsor.

But haven't you heard? They've "exhausted every avenue of income".

More like nobody wants to do business with these two wank stains.

Just want to punch the f***er sometimes. c***.

Of course it will, you will be there too Jonny so simmer down.

I know it will be full, but it's what he is implying and the way he is saying it.

ffs i would be hoping for a fair bit more than just £8m per year for shirt AND Stadium rights.

we got £5m a year from northern rock back in 2005, spurs received £8.5m a few years back for their shirt sponsorship alone, villa's current shirt deal with genting is £8m a year.

I've no idea how much it will bring in, why don't you enlighten me. Also, do you think Ashley actually has plans to sell the naming rights? He changed the name before and said he would showcase it for 1 season, that was 2 years ago and in that time he has covered SJP is Sports Direct advertising and the name remained The sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park stadium.

My point is we're getting nothing for it, because it'll stay as Sports Direct Arena.

We'll sign a striker in January, probably Maiga and then the rest will be spread out over a few more years IMO.

IMHO, your nuts.

That will never happen

Some people believe they have an intention of selling the stadium naming rights? What kind of company will take up a deal with a club that has Sports Direct logos plastered all over it?

:facepalm:

Sports Direct will for a nominal fee to them

So if we hadn't sold Carroll we would have fuck all to spend?