St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I remember reading a wider interview with her, she was apparently a Chelsea fan before our takeover. How someone like that can have a say is beyond me.

Even worse. Need to start an @Kanji campaign.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I mean you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but don’t think many of them look like they’ve travelled up and down the country through thick and thin.

I don’t think that should be a criteria.

We should have a diverse group, and I do agree that we should have an international fan, but the one we have is clearly the wrong choice.

Let’s be honest, there will be plenty of fans who are locked out of both home and away games who deserve a voice.

I do, and did when the members were announced feel that they have tried to pick fans who will agree with whatever they want.

New stadium? Sure.

New badge? Sure.

I mean I’m not against either of those per se, but they have to be done sensitively, and I just don’t think 1 member on there has the capability of being able to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

That's a pisstake surely [emoji38]

That can't be genuine.

It is. It was talked about on here when she got the gig and someone shared her Twitter.

On 08/01/2024 at 16:36, SteV said:

Fan Advisory Board Members announced. 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/introducing-newcastle-united-s-fan-advisory-board/

Anyone on here? 

Best of luck to them, hope they’ve got a thick skin or use SM very sparingly….

From here onwards.

As I said at the time, fuck her and every fan like her. :lol: Not her fault of course, I'm sure she's canny, but still.

16 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We should have a diverse group, and I do agree that we should have an international fan, but the one we have is clearly the wrong choice.

Let’s be honest, there will be plenty of fans who are locked out of both home and away games who deserve a voice.

I do, and did when the members were announced feel that they have tried to pick fans who will agree with whatever they want.

New stadium? Sure.

New badge? Sure.

I mean I’m not against either of those per se, but they have to be done sensitively, and I just don’t think 1 member on there has the capability of being able to do that. 

I mean if the Chelsea fan says new stadium fair play I’m with her.

31 minutes ago, Stifler said:

New stadium? Sure.

New badge? Sure.

I reckon it pretty much should be the criteria.  I haven’t been in years - I wouldn’t be anything like as presumptuous enough to apply to be on it.

Those who’ve committed the hard cash and hours should have the loudest voices - even if that means the likes of Darren Curry …

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I reckon it pretty much should be the criteria.  I haven’t been in years - I wouldn’t be anything like as presumptuous enough to apply to be on it.

Those who’ve committed the hard cash and hours should have the loudest voices - even if that means the likes of Darren Curry …

Tbf it kind of depends what the club are hoping to get out of it.

There’s a (very) wide ranging group of fans on there, and I would like to think the club would be sensible enough to listen to those most relevant to the topic being discussed.

For example, if the topic was the type of beer being sold in the ground, that yank wife’s opinion holds little or no relevance. However, if the subject was something like how to engage fans in other countries, she is much more relevant.

No board, be it commercial, fan advisory, or whatever, benefits from being exclusively people with similar backgrounds, holding similar views and similar skillsets.

21 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbf it kind of depends what the club are hoping to get out of it.

There’s a (very) wide ranging group of fans on there, and I would like to think the club would be sensible enough to listen to those most relevant to the topic being discussed.

For example, if the topic was the type of beer being sold in the ground, that yank wife’s opinion holds little or no relevance. However, if the subject was something like how to engage fans in other countries, she is much more relevant.

No board, be it commercial, fan advisory, or whatever, benefits from being exclusively people with similar backgrounds, holding similar views and similar skillsets.

I agree - but those FAB should be about supporter experience etc.  It is too small and unrepresentative to be giving opinions on stadiums etc. 

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I agree - but those FAB should be about supporter experience etc.  It is too small and unrepresentative to be giving opinions on stadiums etc. 

Quite frightening if that lot’s views are taken into account without any wider consultation, in saying that I think it will be lip service and they’ll do what commercially makes sense.

Long and short is that outside of PIF and the club no-one actually has a clue.

As far as I can see there are only 3 options.

1) Do nothing. OK for the short term but dimishing returns with inflation and others growing

2) Expand St James. Massively complicated and expensive for not a massive return, but keeps the history and nostalgia while modestly catching up to the top

3) New stadium. Problem with location and probably not a lot of change out of 1 billion, but more scope and freedom for design and capacity.

Any others?

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I think the club just needs to put their big boy pants on and make a decision. Fuck asking the FAB 

They have to, it’s an FA obligation now. If a stadium move is part of the proposals, they have to ask them, it’s why the FABs for every team were set up.

I think stadium moves, badge changes, and home colour changes all have to be given the ok.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They have to, it’s an FA obligation now. If a stadium move is part of the proposals, they have to ask them, it’s why the FABs for every team were set up.

I think stadium moves, badge changes, and home colour changes all have to be given the ok.

They have to ask but don't have to listen or take their decision....clues in the name. Advisory

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Long and short is that outside of PIF and the club no-one actually has a clue.

As far as I can see there are only 3 options.

1) Do nothing. OK for the short term but dimishing returns with inflation and others growing

2) Expand St James. Massively complicated and expensive for not a massive return, but keeps the history and nostalgia while modestly catching up to the top

3) New stadium. Problem with location and probably not a lot of change out of 1 billion, but more scope and freedom for design and capacity.

Any others?

Option 2 could just be a 6k extension of the Gallowgate and like you say costly for minimal financial gain, or it could be a complete Bernabeu style revamp of all 4 stands, if we stay at St James it has to be the latter for me, or think where just settling and certainly not future proofing with state of other stands.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I reckon if I was an international NUFC fan I’d be even more fucked off that she’s their rep.  

Can confirm. If you weren’t up at 4am Pacific Standard Time to watch Claudio Caçapa shit his pants against Portsmouth, you haven’t earned a seat at that table. 

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

He has been on it though I believe, or at least the version they had when Ashley was here.

I think he’s now wiseky taking a step back as is that Charlotte lass. Was getting some deserved grief off a few lads at an away last season allegedly said to Keith Barrett and Tez Mann do you know who I am (him not knowing or recognising KB) as he tried to get in a private do. 

1 hour ago, Skjaere9 said:

Can confirm. If you weren’t up at 4am Pacific Standard Time to watch Claudio Caçapa shit his pants against Portsmouth, you haven’t earned a seat at that table. 

Wow. Some got up at 4am over there for the 8am kickoff shitfest by Cacapa? 

I got your point though. :lol: