St James' Park

Delima

Wait. Has this really happened? Have they removed the St James Park sign in front of the stadium? Is this for real? :lol:

I'm sorry but I must laugh because it's so ridiculous. Couldn't this wait till the end of the season at least, before creating once again a bad atmosphere around the place? If we can sell the naming right for any million it will obviously be economically wise, but at what cost does tradition come? £25million a year would be something not everyone would complain about, but that is a ridiculous sum.

I feel like an earthquake happened last nite.

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

Llambias said it will bring in an extra 8-10m.

I said 'how'. :thup:

Sky sports managing to find fans happy about this.

Money talks according to all of those. :thup: we will forget that there's no f***ing money coming in for it. :lol:

Sadly, because we spent like £20 in the summer (or was it £20m with Ba's agent fees?!) and are sitting 3rd in the table, to many they justify a decision like this.

It's exactly why the coward has taken a coward's route out and announced while we're doing so well, rather than after 3 defeats on the trot.

I don't get it. Surely it's in his best interests for us to do well in the league? Things like this could potentially destabilise our season. I reckon he just enjoys being a dick.

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

With the extra revenue from SportsDirect.

No, he said if the naming rights were owned by any other company than Sports Direct it would bring in 8-10 million a year. And that could equal a player. A player costing as much as £2m I imagine, once you add on agents fees and the wages for the entire length of his contract.

But at the moment the club will be spending money that could have gone on players on an entire rebrand of the stadium and all the extensive admin that entails.

I don't get it. Surely it's in his best interests for us to do well in the league? Things like this could potentially destabilise our season. I reckon he just enjoys being a dick.

I'm sure Cabaye is devastated.

:lol: As long as it remains Sports Direct Arena, we will receive no financial benefit from it. That has already been established.

So we need a poll

WILL THE GROUND STILL BE NAMED SPORTS DIRECT ARENA BY THE TIME WE RETURN TO FACE CHELSEA?

Eh? Of course it will :lol:

SSN saying the club reckon a new investor could be in as soon as 12pm today

:lol:

NO of course I don't believe it but could this happen vefore the next home game.

So we need a poll

WILL THE GROUND STILL BE NAMED SPORTS DIRECT ARENA BY THE TIME WE RETURN TO FACE CHELSEA?

Eh? Of course it will :lol:

SSN saying the club reckon a new investor could be in as soon as 12pm today

NO of course I don't believe it but could this happen vefore the next home game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Really? If that was the case, there was no need to do it in the fucking first place. I've got more chance of being called up to the England squad by 12pm today.

:facepalm:

I guess any potential investor would rather rename Sports Direct Arena than rename St James' Park and appear as some kind of hero for saving us from the shame of the SDA.

From Sports Direct Arena to the Greggs Ground nailed on

Are you stupid? Sports Direct contributes nothing to the NUFC.

Worrying that he says "...we'll need replacements in the summer".  Replacements for who? 

Worried me at first as well. Hopefully just the likes of Lövenkrands and Smith, but you never know with these fuckwits. Probably Coloccini and Tiote after we've sold them in January after we didn't "have time" to replace them.

Guest Roger Kint

Are you stupid? Sports Direct contributes nothing to the NUFC.

Are you stupid? Its clearly contributing to the expenses column in the accounts.......;D