St James' Park

Delima

anyone else coming round to the idea that he bought the club as an advertising exercise? no? ok.

Well, i was told that a long time ago when he first purchased it. 

Seems to be coming true.

anyone else coming round to the idea that he bought the club as an advertising exercise? no? ok.

Tbf if he did that he did it quite poorly, he hasn't got more then bad publicity during his time here. And his publicity hasn't really reached further then the borders of UK. He's a buisnessman wich I've understood. And I guess its kinda bad for buisness with bad publicity.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Heard the #nufc sign is getting replaced with a new NUFC logo in full but may be adverts either side

Eh, nothing too terrible - almost like a compromise.

I find it hard to believe that this is just routine maintenance. The dicks currently in charge have done the bare minimum when it comes to stadium maintenance (the outside is filthy, for example). The only 'improvements' they've made involves putting up adverts everywhere. This is something else though - it's not just shameless self-promotion, but vindictive vandalism. They know what this sign means to the fans.

Tbf if he did that he did it quite poorly, he hasn't got more then bad publicity during his time here. And his publicity hasn't really reached further then the borders of UK. He's a buisnessman wich I've understood. And I guess its kinda bad for buisness with bad publicity.

this is all incredibly naive and irrelevant, sorry. advertising is about this.......

http://www.reed.co.uk/Resources/images/logos/sportsDirectLogo.gif

did you just look at it? then that's successful advertising, anything else is a minor detail.

Seems to be coming true.

me too, which is also another reason why i think hopes of him turning the clubs finances around with a view to a sale are mis-placed. if he can get the club running at a profit or breaking even, he's saving tens of millions a year in advertising.

Guest icemanblue

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Heard the #nufc sign is getting replaced with a new NUFC logo in full but may be adverts either side

Really? :lol:

It's an historic and iconic part of the stadium. But, yeah, plenty of room for some more fucking Sports Direct logos.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

It's an historic and iconic part of the stadium. But, yeah, plenty of room for some more fucking Sports Direct logos.

It was always going to happen, hopefully what Ryder said is true and it'll be [sports direct] NEWCASTLE UNITED [sports direct] (or [sPORTS DIRECT] newcastle united [sPORTS DIRECT]) rather than [email protected], which would have been horrible.

Guest ovesbar

Seems to be coming true.

me too, which is also another reason why i think hopes of him turning the clubs finances around with a view to a sale are mis-placed. if he can get the club running at a profit or breaking even, he's saving tens of millions a year in advertising.

Well how is this bad for the fans? From a PR perspective, the more people who see your adverts, the more successful it is. How do you get more people to see your advertising and expand your brand? By staying in the PL, playing good football, and even better, getting into Europe.

Guest icemanblue

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

It was always going to happen, hopefully what Ryder said is true and it'll be [sports direct] NEWCASTLE UNITED [sports direct] (or [sPORTS DIRECT] newcastle united [sPORTS DIRECT]) rather than [email protected], which would have been horrible.

Eh? That makes it ok? Why change it at all? Are there not enough logos all over the ground already?

Seems to be coming true.

Well how is this bad for the fans? From a PR perspective, the more people who see your adverts, the more successful it is. How do you get more people to see your advertising and expand your brand? By staying in the PL, playing good football, and even better, getting into Europe.

we've just come out of a transfer window in which we've invested 600k into the first team, i dont think Europe's on the agenda, do you?

This is looking like the final straw for me like. Will wait to see what its replaced with but if its replaced with a red and blue sports direct sign then that's me not setting foot inside the stadium again until the fat fucker has gone.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Eh? That makes it ok? Why change it at all? Are there not enough logos all over the ground already?

Well, you avoided the second part of my post which explains all that and how its a compromise of sorts. Shouldn't have bothered as everyone is REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW - GRRR (again).  :lol: People have known/been aware/thought it was possible that the 'Newcastle United' sign at some point would be removed or touched. It has been. Hopefully, its being cleaned, if not, then hopefully it comes back as Newcastle United, rather than something else, if its flanked by some advertising then so be it.

Suppose this all goes back to 'if it was any other company than Sports Direct being advertised, would people feel as angry' argument.

Guest ovesbar

Seems to be coming true.

we've just come out of a transfer window in which we've invested 600k into the first team, i dont think Europe's on the agenda, do you?

Im just saying that if MA is in it for the PR, it would not neccessarily be bad for the fans. Success on the pitch goes hand in hand with good PR. His Sports Direct signs gets more views if nufc have success on  the pitch, gets TV-time and so on.

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Well, you avoided the second part of my post which explains all that and how its a compromise of sorts. Shouldn't have bothered as everyone is REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW - GRRR (again).  :lol: People have known/been aware/thought it was possible that the 'Newcastle United' sign at some point would be removed or touched. It has been. Hopefully, its being cleaned, if not, then hopefully it comes back as Newcastle United, rather than something else, if its flanked by some advertising then so be it.

Suppose this all goes back to 'if it was any other company than Sports Direct being advertised, would people feel as angry' argument.

Well we might actually get paid for it which would take some of the sting out of it.

Guest icemanblue

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

I wasn't concerned with your perceived 'compromise', and that's why I ignored the rest of your post. It wasn't relevant to my my point about removing an historic and iconic part of the ground. I'd be unhappy if it was changed in any way, other than being cleaned up. You can fuck right off with your patronising and condescending bullshit as well. I've heard nothing about that sign being removed, so this is all news to me, and it's got sod all to do with transfers etc.

Seems to be coming true.

Im just saying that if MA is in it for the PR, it would not neccessarily be bad for the fans. Success on the pitch goes hand in hand with good PR. His Sports Direct signs gets more views if nufc have success on  the pitch, gets TV-time and so on.

public relations isnt advertising and advertising isnt public relations, it's a completely different thing. one is about good will, the other is about images and the way human beings recognise images and seek patterns.

sports direct signs wont get significantly more views unless we're in the champions league.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

@lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

Well, you avoided the second part of my post which explains all that and how its a compromise of sorts. Shouldn't have bothered as everyone is REALLY ANGRY RIGHT NOW - GRRR (again).  :lol: People have known/been aware/thought it was possible that the 'Newcastle United' sign at some point would be removed or touched. It has been. Hopefully, its being cleaned, if not, then hopefully it comes back as Newcastle United, rather than something else, if its flanked by some advertising then so be it.

I wasn't concerned with your perceived 'compromise', and that's why I ignored the rest of your post. It wasn't relevant to my my point about removing an historic and iconic part of the ground. I'd be unhappy if it was changed in any way, other than being cleaned up. You can fuck right off with your patronising and condescending bullshit as well. I've heard nothing about that sign being removed, so this is all news to me, and it's got sod all to do with transfers etc.

No need to get angry at me, I never removed the sign!  :lol:

Perhaps what I said doesn't translate well in text, but the sign being removed or altered was never beyond the realm of possibility. Everything is fair game when it comes to advertising, SJP and Mike Ashley's direction. Sorry I assumed you'd be aware of that.

Replacing it with the words "New Striker" with a troll face logo in between. They'll then tell us that's where the rest of the Carroll money went.

:lol:

This is looking like the final straw for me like. Will wait to see what its replaced with but if its replaced with a red and blue sports direct sign then that's me not setting foot inside the stadium again until the fat fucker has gone.

So fuck?

There'll only be another mug wanting your seat.