St James' Park

Delima

Guest Haris Vuckic

Any word on if/when it will be put back?

It's going to be replaced with a club crest (like the gallowgate used to have) and adverts either side - according to Lee Ryder.

Any word on if/when it will be put back?

It's going to be replaced with a club crest (like the gallowgate used to have) and adverts either side - according to Lee Ryder.

annoyance disapproval disdain

Just a hypothetical question, would anyone be miffed if the adverts were something other than Sports Direct?  Say a nice classy Northern Rock logo in silver letters?

Obviously I'm just as pissed off as the next man, but just food for thought.

We know it wont happen mind...nice big garish Red & Blue Sports Direct crap.

Just a hypothetical question, would anyone be miffed if the adverts were something other than Sports Direct?  Say a nice classy Northern Rock logo in silver letters?

Obviously I'm just as p*ssed off as the next man, but just food for thought.

Think we'd still be bothered, but the sting would be lessened a bit due to the club actually having something to gain from the situation rather than just Mike's company.

Guest krul1-89

I rang the club today 0844 372 1892 ex 5 then 1 and the woman said it's being replaced by a newer up to date one, she said to her knowledge no Sports Direct advertisement is being placed on the sign, but she did sound like she hadnt been given exact details. To her knowledge it will be almost exactly the same and they will be working on it over the next 2 weeks. Feel free to ring up and check your selves.

I rang the club today 0844 372 1892 ex 5 then 1 and the woman said it's being replaced by a newer up to date one, she said to her knowledge no Sports Direct advertisement is being placed on the sign, but she did sound like she hadnt been given exact details. To her knowledge it will be almost exactly the same and they will be working on it over the next 2 weeks. Feel free to ring up and check your selves.

Someone did something sensible  :kasper:

If Alan Pardew gets fed bullshit by Ashley and Lambias what chance does a poor lass on the phones have?

Just a hypothetical question, would anyone be miffed if the adverts were something other than Sports Direct?   Say a nice classy Northern Rock logo in silver letters?

Yes. Its such an iconic part of the ground and should not be touched.

Guest krul1-89

Aye, it's fairly sensible from me.

I bet you all didn't think I was sensible at times. Christ I made a a few joke posts on here yesterday and got banned for it, some of the s*** I get thrown at me on here is uncalled for.

It just goes to show that I am really sensible, Stifler strikes back.

Dunno why but this is making me way more angry than not signing a striker. i guess that was kind of expected, but this....this is a new low even for them.

This.

Its the needlessness of it. I'm the same, things like this seem to be nothing more than vanity projects or moves to rile people. I can see the logic to, although I don't agree with, hoarding transfer money.

Like people say it's another thing to add to the list.

Guest Roger Kint

I bet you all didn't think I was sensible at times. Christ I made a a few joke posts on here yesterday and got banned for it, some of the s*** I get thrown at me on here is uncalled for.

Pahahaha well done daft lad  :doh:

Edit: has he just deactivated himself as i quoted that?  :undecided:

It was a temporary ban because you were pissing people off. Now use your other account and be thankful you've not been fucked off permanently for ban evasion. :razz:

Guest Haris Vuckic

''More up to date'' = adverts

Guest johnson293

Just a hypothetical question, would anyone be miffed if the adverts were something other than Sports Direct?  Say a nice classy Northern Rock logo in silver letters?

If you've only be going since 1993/94 ish, then yes.

:troll:

Just a hypothetical question, would anyone be miffed if the adverts were something other than Sports Direct?   Say a nice classy Northern Rock logo in silver letters?

If you've only be going since 1993/94 ish, then yes.

:troll:

Was about to say that...but I know what he means :)

Turns out the old signs are worth a shit load with scrap metal prices going through the roof, he's taking them down to cash in and putting some cheap plastic dross up. Completely made up but believable no?