St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, NSG said:

#Imminent 

Oh my. I thought I would have had to give up my qualification teaching English as a Second Language for a minute there as I was struggling badly to comprehend that headline. Thankfulky read @Stifler's post and could gather what the cunt Ryder was on about. What an utter shambles of a journalist's language that is.

18 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

How long did the planning and development of the 2000 expansion take? Seemed to be extremely quick considering some structures like the leazes were just 5 year old at the time. 

Obviously less complex, but the leazes development was still in the conservation area, and the gargantuan height would have raised concerns for right to light over the far end of leazes terrace 

The planning application was submitted in late December 1997 and approved July 98.

Also the Castle Leazes application was submitted in February 97 and the club announced that it was abandoning that plan in late November 97 (although it wasn't actually formally withdraw until January 98). So it seems they must have had the expansion plans drawn up at pretty much the same time as the Castle Leazes proposal, because there's no way that could've been done in a month.

Edited by Jackie Broon

14 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

The planning application was submitted in late December 1997 and approved July 98.

Also the Castle Leazes application was submitted in February 97 and the club announced that it was abandoning that plan in late November 97 (although it wasn't actually formally withdraw until January 98). So it seems they must have had the expansion plans drawn up at pretty much the same time as the Castle Leazes proposal, because there's no way that could've been done in a month.

Aye, that's pretty much what I was thinking. An excellent reply! 

19 hours ago, Stifler said:

The new Spurs’ stadium has a very very dark navy colour that looks more black than blue and looks sleek.

I always think that's what the colour of our seats should look like. 

On the subject of seats, I don't know what the designers of the San siro were thinking....green, orange etc 

On 21/09/2024 at 07:02, Pancrate1892 said:

On the subject of seats, I don't know what the designers of the San siro were thinking....green, orange etc 

I don't mind it tbh. Gives it a bit character. Used to love Ibrox in the 80s when it had 5 different colours of seats in each stand, Red yellow, blue, orange and brown. Looked class!

On 21/09/2024 at 16:02, Pancrate1892 said:

Blue and red were not up for consideration I would bet

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Leeds United have just announced plans to expand to 53,00.

We are getting left behind here unless they come up with a plan.

Helps that Elland Road is located in a wasteland 3 miles from the city centre. If we were moving to Royal Quays they'd have planned, built and opened the new Sela North Shields megadome by now

In other stadium news, Manchester United have been told they're getting fuck all public money for their new stadium. Which is nice

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Helps that Elland Road is located in a wasteland 3 miles from the city centre. If we were moving to Royal Quays they'd have planned, built and opened the new Sela North Shields megadome by now

In other stadium news, Manchester United have been told they're getting fuck all public money for their new stadium. Which is nice.

They have been told that for ages, however they’ll get every penny thrown at them for the developments around it, and the government will come to the rest of us up North and say that they have levelled us up.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Need that feasibility study tomorrow or we riot

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Left behind in what sense? Elland Road is old and shite as it currently is, bolting on an extra few thousand seats isn't going to do much. I'd take a reduced capacity at SJP for an overall better matchday experience.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Left behind in what sense? Elland Road is old and shite as it currently is, bolting on an extra few thousand seats isn't going to do much. I'd take a reduced capacity at SJP for an overall better matchday experience.

It’s hardly befitting of a club with our stated aims of being best in class having about the 10th largest stadium in the PL, I wouldn’t say SJP is currently cutting edge in many areas these days either.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t say we are being left behind, but we are painfully slow at providing any sort of update on what’s happening.

We are if you think that 20 years ago we had the 2nd largest stadium in the Country. Next season we'll have the 9th largest and once Leeds is done we're 10th.

56 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We are if you think that 20 years ago we had the 2nd largest stadium in the Country. Next season we'll have the 9th largest and once Leeds is done we're 10th.

Not really a fair comparison when for 14 of them years we were owned by an absolutely massive parasitic cunt who let SJP rot whilst doing nowt but splattering SD logos on every available surface and getting his lickspittle Charnley to buy a few 32” Hi-Sense flatscreens from Curry’s for punters to squint at on the concourses 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t say we are being left behind, but we are painfully slow at providing any sort of update on what’s happening.

Palms to grease. Land to acquire.

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not really a fair comparison when for 14 of them years we were owned by an absolutely massive parasitic cunt who let SJP rot whilst doing nowt but splattering SD logos on every available surface and getting his lickspittle Charnley to buy a few 32” Hi-Sense flatscreens from Curry’s for punters to squint at on the concourses 

Whoever was the owner is besides the point though. We used to have the 2nd largest stadium and we'll start next season with the 9th largest. We have been overtaken and left behind. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s hardly befitting of a club with our stated aims of being best in class having about the 10th largest stadium in the PL, I wouldn’t say SJP is currently cutting edge in many areas these days either.

Why is the capacity the only thing that matters?