Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

Guest Gemmill

Bellamy is a top class player, I don't give a toss what he does off the pitch as long as he does the business on it.

Spent ages this morning trying to push this point on to a few of my mates. Apparantly, Newcastle fans are 'delusional' because we think that Bellamy and Woodgate are top class players.

Your mates sound thick, but so is the concept that it doesn't matter at all what a player does off the pitch as long as he does the business on it.  If that player is a disruptive influence who takes a golf club to a team mate for the crime of not duetting with him on the karaoke, then I would say you'd have to factor that into your assessment of him. 

Good man management doesn't mean telling the rest of the squad that they have to put up with criminal behaviour because the lad does the business on a match day.

What criminal behaviour is this then? When was Bellamy in jail for being a criminal?

Course you know this STORY to be true, even down to the reasons it happened including all of the circumstances surrounding the entire incident, don't you mate?

I suppose this is more disruptive than Shearer smacking Gillespie, is it?

Of course I don't know that the story is true.  But it's largely irrelevant to the point that I was making, which is that it is NOT acceptable for a player to do whatever he wants as long as he does it on the pitch.  Setting aside whether or not you agree (I know you don't), that sort of attitude is only workable in the short term anyway - if you allow players to get away with whatever they want just because they play well on a weekend, eventually things are going to go tits up. 

I dont believe the people shouting Souness Out at the beginning were right and others were wrong.  They couldn't judge him on that period of time, and the fact he failed was incidental.  The people who were right, were those that gave him a chance, didnt turn on him on our first run of bad form, gave him a significant amount of time, then turned.

The team robson built was rotting.. It just didnt help we had an incompetant builder putting more rotten foundations after trying to take less rotten ones out.

Yes, it was going backwards. Some don't believe the idea that Robson had lost the dressing room though, although I do.

And yet, in your previous post you write "When Souness wasn't sacked I was further slagged by people like you for saying I'd give him nothing in the transfer window, people claiming Souness couldn't be judged until he'd built his own team having destroyed the one Robson built."

Having it both ways and playing the martyr!

But this is about you and people slagging you off.

I have to admit that folks like you who were shouting "Souness out" very early on were right, and I, among others, was wrong. We gave Souness too much of a chance and we're paying for it now.  That said, I don't remember the people who were willing to give Souness time to build a club being the one's who were slagging off other fans-- on the contrary.

Any way, someone had to clear out the rot (Robson's rot). Witless Souness just did it with a match, that's all.  And now someone has to clear out Souness's rot-- and Roeder is doing a decent job, with little money.

Eh?

I was happy with Bowyer signing tbh because as you said the stuff he did was in the past but don't let them stop you accusing me of saying stuff I didn't AGAIN!

I know about JB and the youth player, how long ago was that now? Oh and he showed him arse, thats certainly up there with beating one of your players up with a golf club.

I'm not.  I did write the word "unless" in that sentence.

Do you understand the meaning of the sentence or don't you, because it would seem from your reply above that you don't?

I'm not on about him showing him his arse, by the way.

Bellamy is a top class player, I don't give a toss what he does off the pitch as long as he does the business on it.

Spent ages this morning trying to push this point on to a few of my mates. Apparantly, Newcastle fans are 'delusional' because we think that Bellamy and Woodgate are top class players.

Your mates sound thick, but so is the concept that it doesn't matter at all what a player does off the pitch as long as he does the business on it.  If that player is a disruptive influence who takes a golf club to a team mate for the crime of not duetting with him on the karaoke, then I would say you'd have to factor that into your assessment of him. 

Good man management doesn't mean telling the rest of the squad that they have to put up with criminal behaviour because the lad does the business on a match day.

What criminal behaviour is this then? When was Bellamy in jail for being a criminal?

Course you know this STORY to be true, even down to the reasons it happened including all of the circumstances surrounding the entire incident, don't you mate?

Of course I don't know that the story is true.  But it's largely irrelevant to the point that I was making, which is that it is NOT acceptable for a player to do whatever he wants as long as he does it on the pitch. Setting aside whether or not you agree (I know you don't), that sort of attitude is only workable in the short term anyway - if you allow players to get away with whatever they want just because they play well on a weekend, eventually things are going to go tits up. 

Of course, and my point is that other than the spit and bile from those who hate Bellamy for some unknown reason that only appeared when Souness appeared, there is nothing he has done off the pitch that would make me not want to see him in our team.

I dont believe the people shouting Souness Out at the beginning were right and others were wrong.  They couldn't judge him on that period of time, and the fact he failed was incidental.  The people who were right, were those that gave him a chance, didnt turn on him on our first run of bad form, gave him a significant amount of time, then turned.

Err, there are more than a few who claim to have known in advance this would be a failed appointment.

The people who were right were those who saw early doors that the man was prepared to put his ego before what was best for the club.

I was happy with Bowyer signing tbh because as you said the stuff he did was in the past but don't let them stop you accusing me of saying stuff I didn't AGAIN!

I know about JB and the youth player, how long ago was that now? Oh and he showed him arse, thats certainly up there with beating one of your players up with a golf club.

Do you understand the meaning of the sentence or don't you, because it would seem from your reply above that you don't?

So basically is wasnt at all relevant you just thought you would say it just in case. Yep thats the way to have an argument.

errrr....because we have players like ameobi at the club that some fans actually claim we miss?

errrr...because we are giving longer contracts to players like sibierski?

I'd rather have bellend any day.

When we've got better versions of him in Owen & Martins?

No thanks.

Bellamy can offer us nothing that we already have, we have pace, but these two can actually stick the ball in the net more often to boot.

Sibbi & Ameobi are the donkey's and are needed at this club, i'd like better versions of them, but that certainly isn't Craig Bellamy.

rubbish.

troll

Really ?

Shame you didn't respond to those questions/comments I made a few weeks ago instead of avoiding them, as a fan who had knowledge of the club would have done.

errrr....because we have players like ameobi at the club that some fans actually claim we miss?

No thanks.

Bellamy can offer us nothing that we already have, we have pace, but these two can actually stick the ball in the net more often to boot.

Sibbi & Ameobi are the donkey's and are needed at this club, i'd like better versions of them, but that certainly isn't Craig Bellamy.

rubbish.

troll

Yep he is.

Indeed, well we will see who has been here the longest .... I have made plenty of posts about this club that you can comment on, if you wish - and think you know about the club too - I don't seem to have noticed too many readable and informative posts from you  8)

So basically is wasnt at all relevant you just thought you would say it just in case. Yep thats the way to have an argument.

Ok, you've done the rather feeble "aren't I hard done by" bit, which incidentally makes you look a right tit for accusing me of saying something I didn't. That's the difference the word "unless" made in that sentence. I phrased that sentence in the correct manner. I didn't know what attitude you'd taken toward Bowyer and that was crystal clear in my post. Anyway, I know you like to deflect things away from the point when you're a bit stuck, so I wasn't surprised you babbled on about that, but let's have another go at the main point which so far you haven't satisfactorily tackled.

Tell me about your double standards regarding Barton, who has been involved in off the field trouble yet you'd sign him in place of (hush....) Our Captain?

Of course I don't know that the story is true.  But it's largely irrelevant to the point that I was making, which is that it is NOT acceptable for a player to do whatever he wants as long as he does it on the pitch.  Setting aside whether or not you agree (I know you don't), that sort of attitude is only workable in the short term anyway - if you allow players to get away with whatever they want just because they play well on a weekend , eventually things are going to go tits up. 

Did you advocate Shearer being kicked out of the club for chinning Gillespie, Gem ?

Nobody is saying you should let players get away with anything, its about man managing them, but equally so, you can't afford not to manage your best players.

You have to accept the fact that people are different, and if you can't man manage your best players, then it will be someone else's gain at your expense.

Bit of a thin line sometimes, I admit, but as you know you backed Souness - and to be fair admitted you had got it wrong - I thought by now you may have just steered away from this line of thought a little

Tell me what Barton has done in the last couple of years?

The last couple of years has nothing to do with it, but as it happens 2007 -  2005 = 2.

If you really don't know about the bother he's been in off the field I suggest you do a google and start reading about him. As I said, you won't admit you're wrong no matter how much evidence I post so I'm not going to bother. Take some responsibility for yourself.

interesting to hear the scousers on north west legends tonight, none of them seem to be too bothered about his off field antics as he has been doing the business on the pitch and apparently hasnt even been booked this season (havnt checked to see if this is accurate).

the general consensus is that they are only bothered about what happens on the pitch.

and this is coming from fans of a club who win things

interesting to hear the scousers on north west legends tonight, none of them seem to be too bothered about his off field antics as he has been doing the business on the pitch and apparently hasnt even been booked this season (havnt checked to see if this is accurate).

the general consensus is that they are only bothered about what happens on the pitch.

They'll get fed-up of him soon.

Guest TheOrder

Also from thieving gypo's annal.

Also from thieving gypo's annal.

Thread over. Rocker has trumped all arguements. Besides, a man hit repeatedly with a golf club to the legs, is unlikely to play again for long time, thus Bellamy has directly affected Liverpool on the pitch, no?

/Bellamy hasn't crippled someone? Say it ain't so.

No thanks.

rubbish.

troll

Really ?

Shame you didn't respond to those questions/comments I made a few weeks ago instead of avoiding them, as a fan who had knowledge of the club would have done.

I responded, you started talking shit, you are a sad old muppet etc...

We've covered this ground tithead.

If i wanted to talk to an absolute fuking arshole i would of PM'd certain a tosser who's user name started in 'N' and ended in '5'.

Cant think which utter cunt this could be mind, really stratching the noggin

;)

Big old winky fuker eh, save the bacon etc...

TT

Shame you really can't just address the point and leave the vitriol behind, you have some good ideas which is more than some people on here.

I wonder if the laddie is taking notice....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36377.msg715384#msg715384

Lets not defend your puppy for one moment. (What was the point? 'rubbish'?? Wow, stimulating for a prick like him)

We may get somewhere.

But you cant.

End of.