Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

I honestly believe Bellamy is on his way back to Newcastle with Owen going the other way and here's why ...

I honestly believe that Sam isn't a nutcase, and is content with a front quartet of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi, and isn't senile enough to get rid of someone with the sheer class that Owen possesses, for some downhill renegade who can't score into double figures - who doesn't have a neck.

to be honest, Owen's also all downhill from here

Guest hagler

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport4.shtml

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational move to take bad-boy striker Craig Bellamy back to St James' Park.

The Geordie club and the Welsh international have made contact over a £9 million move from Liverpool.

Bellamy left Newcastle under a cloud after a bitter fall-out with former boss Graeme Souness.

Offer

But new Toon manager Sam Allardyce sees the striker as a key target and will battle Aston Villa, West Ham and Blackburn for his signature.

Michael Owen seems unwilling to commit his future to Newcastle and Big Sam could offer the England striker as bait in a straight swap deal.

Bellamy was fined £80,000 for claiming in a TV interview that Souness had lied about him.

He also upset fans over abusive text messages to Alan Shearer after an FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

The value of Bellamy is he can play in that busy, free role, linking midfield and striker - a similar job to Beardsley or Rooney. Neither Owen nor Martins can do that, and it's a very good option to have.

As I said, it really depends on the extent of the damage to dressing room relations that Bellamy did last time. Would the other players welcome him back? I hope they'd take the attitude that he may be a twat, but a talented twat.

Very tempting. Viduka and Bellamy could be a brilliant combination.

He is a twat, but on the pitch he never pissed me off. However he pisses off the opposition big time, which imo is a valuable asset. Who on our team got under the opposition's skin last season? Too nice and too easy to beat.

I would be delighted to have him back, sad to see Owen go but I think we all know he will be off as soon as a decent offer comes in. Bellers would happily play here for the rest of his career if we would have him. I would.

Anyone who says NUFC was better after getting rid of Robert and Bellamy should be admitted to psychiatric hospital...We saw Champions League football because of the above two...

Since leaving us Robert's career has went down the pan quicker than we have went down the league. As for the hunchback of Cardiff this season he scored two more goals than DYER. Newcastle United were good for both these players at the time & them players were good for Newcastle United. 

Anyone who says NUFC was better after getting rid of Robert and Bellamy should be admitted to psychiatric hospital...We saw Champions League football because of the above two...

Since leaving us Robert's career has went down the pan quicker than we have went down the league. As for the hunchback of Cardiff this season he scored two more goals than DYER. Newcastle United were good for both these players at the time & them players were good for Newcastle United. 

My point still stands though...Newcastle were better with Robert and Bellamy than without...i.e. we need that type of skillful players at NUFC...

He is a twat, but on the pitch he never pissed me off. However he pisses off the opposition big time, which imo is a valuable asset. Who on our team got under the opposition's skin last season? Too nice and too easy to beat.

I would be delighted to have him back, sad to see Owen go but I think we all know he will be off as soon as a decent offer comes in. Bellers would happily play here for the rest of his career if we would have him. I would.

Yeah, agreed. Someone summed it up when they said Bellamy is Newcastle. I still think he loves the club and I'd love it if he came back. Just what we need. Also might show Oba how to fucking run aswell.

My point still stands though...Newcastle were better with Robert and Bellamy than without...i.e. we need that type of skillful players at NUFC...

Lets get real it was more about Sir Bobby leaving. They were both still at the club when we finished 14th, although Craig may have been playing against Ross County at the back end of that season. Both were gone when we finished 7th.

As I said before: Newcastle United were good for both these players at the time & them players were good for Newcastle United

Guest Micktoon

Bellamy and Barton, both quality players. However more court appearances than the Kray twins. Not sure how clever this would be.

I honestly believe Bellamy is on his way back to Newcastle with Owen going the other way and here's why ...

I honestly believe that Sam isn't a nutcase, and is content with a front quartet of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi, and isn't senile enough to get rid of someone with the sheer class that Owen possesses, for some downhill renegade who can't score into double figures - who doesn't have a neck.

never ceases to amaze me when people turn up goalscoring statistics for support strikers and compare them with out and out goalscorers to try and justify "who is the better player".

Also - does anyone seriously think that Newcastle United are better off with Shola Ameobi than Craig Bellamy ?

Guest Phil K

Bellamy has more baggage than Barton, learns from his mistakes less than Titus Bumble, and is a pea-brained d*ckhead.

His goals are few and far between - don't let us be conned by Liverpool in the transfer market AGAIN. They are trying to offload the troublemaking little sh*t, and using the rags to fob him onto us.

Also - does anyone seriously think that Newcastle United are better off with Shola Ameobi than Craig Bellamy ?

Fred Shepherd & Soumess both thought so.

That wasn't down to ability though, it was down to attitude

never ceases to amaze me when people turn up goalscoring statistics for support strikers and compare them with out and out goalscorers to try and justify "who is the better player".

why limit the choice to just bellamy and ameobi,why not say spend the money we'd get on owen and ameobi and get someone else entirely.

Guest fraser

A troublesome man who likes to pick his own playing position and, if he can't, feigns injury and refuses to play.

Brilliant.

The Bellamy apologists are coming up with some belters you cant compare him  to goalscorers because he is not goalscorer, now we cant mention his attitude because he was  rotten & they know it.

Elsewhere at a place called "THIS IS" Anfield, Rafa does take into account attitude, goals V speed & working the channels & the result is looking like move on.

Well, Souness did.

Not so sure about Shepherd, he probably backed his manager, like good chairman do.

Bobby Robson didn't think so, and neither did lots of other managers, otherwise they would have tried to sign Ameobi !!!!!

Well, Souness did.

Not so sure about Shepherd, he probably backed his manager, like good chairman do.

Bobby Robson didn't think so, and neither did lots of other managers, otherwise they would have tried to sign Ameobi !!!!!

are you trying to make out that the sale of bellamy was a purely footballing decision ?

Brilliant.

The Bellamy apologists are coming up with some belters you cant compare him  to goalscorers because he is not goalscorer, now we cant mention his attitude because he was  rotten & they know it.

Elsewhere at a place called "THIS IS" Anfield, Rafa does take into account attitude, goals V speed & working the channels & the result is looking like move on.

Whoah, I didn't once say in my reply that you "can't compare him to goalscorers" and I never said "we can't mention his attitude" so don't try and drag me into a Bellamy discussion and call me a "Bellamy apologist".

I was simply saying that Shepherd and Souness got rid of Bellamy because of attitude, not because he wasn't very good and we're better off with Shola Ameobi; because the fact is, Bellamy is better than Ameobi otherwise it would have been Bellamy on the bench every week and Ameobi alongside Shearer and it wasn't

A troublesome man who likes to pick his own playing position and, if he can't, feigns injury and refuses to play.

Also a player who played over 50 games between Feb 2002 and the summer of 2004 with a knee injury that could have finished his career, [until he did nothing other than fall out with an arsehole of a manager,] but don't let that cloud your judgement.

Guest fraser

All on the same day at Liverpool.

He wasn't asked to play in goal or central defence but right side of midfield, the position he happily played for Wales at that time, presumably because Wales needed him to.

We lost. He took the day off.

Also a player who played over 50 games between Feb 2002 and the summer of 2004 with a knee injury that could have finished his career, [until he did nothing other than fall out with an arsehole of a manager,] but don't let that cloud your judgement.

That's just poor management tbh.

why limit the choice to just bellamy and ameobi,why not say spend the money we'd get on owen and ameobi and get someone else entirely.

I have said get rid of Owen. I would sell him while we can if he won't commit to a longer contract.