One player to change Newcastle United

Guest icemanblue

I think Steven Taylor is the next John Terry..if we can keep him fit he will devolp to one hell of a defender

Yes he might develope into one, But he needs qualityplayers around him now to make that even further step forward..

Sod players. I would sack myself as manager just before highering mourinho to take my place. A manager is more important at any football club than players. The rest would take care of itself.

I'd have said Henry TBH but we have two potentially World class strikers when we have a fully fit squad.  In this case, I think a top class defender would be the ideal choice.  If we're choosing from anyone, the obvious choice is the best defender in the World, Cannavaro.  So, I'll go with that.

Guest icemanblue

You b****** Rodhaminho, you just showed I could have saved a good deal of time and just said what you just said. LOL.

Yeah, but would you have said 'highering'?!

hehehe, i'm a cheeky little scamp, me like.

Sod players. I would sack myself as manager just before highering mourinho to take my place. A manager is more important at any football club than players. The rest would take care of itself.

You're bang on the money there IMO.  A good manager is worth his weight in football gold.  I'm not sure if I'd prefer Wenger to Mourinho though.  I probably would TBH.

Guest Hodgson09

How is someone worth their wait in gold football or otherwise? How long were they waiting? How long does one have to wait for this gold you speak of?

Samuel Eto'o.  Best striker in the world, his game has everything.  He could form a good partnership with Owen or Martins, in fact he could even do it with Shola.

he looks good in a good Barca team granted,  but i thought he was shyte for Mallorca at St James Pk

Ronaldinho has been anonymous on many occasions for Barcelona too esp this season, and he was shyte for Paris Saint Germain (ask any PSG fan!). Not saying I wouldn't have him here like but I'd take a few players before Ronaldinho ;)

;D ;D

The only people who say Ronnie hasn't been playing well this season are people who have actually watched fuck all of La Liga and are still going by the World Cup.

It seems some people aren't pleased with his performance in a game unless he takes it around 5 people and puts it in the top corner.  He has been brilliant this season, though.  16 goals in 23 matches.

Also, the part in bold about Eto'o is quoted for truth.

I think I'd just put Eto'o, Messi and Ronnie's names in a hat and whichever one I drew out I'd pick, it's the only way I could decide.

If we're choosing from anyone, the obvious choice is the best defender in the World, Cannavaro.  So, I'll go with that.

He may be the best in the world, but he's also 33.  If I chose a defender it'd be either Terry (26) or Puyol (28) who still have years left in them.

Guest WalkervilleMag
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:pYVO5dg71_jnoM:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickzoe/players/penpics/g/gallagher_hughie_3.JPG

Guest Deep456

Funny this I was thinking the other day with AC milan with their problems if we got Kaka and Terry(just as a thought) what Newcastle would be like, with them 2 I can actually see us winning the premiership.

Wayne Rooney, 20 years old, already a top-class player, some would say world-class (ability wise without doubt), best years ahead of him, real team player, good character on the pitch, creates and scores, all-round brilliant player.

A 25 year old Roy Keane would be preferable, Gerrard is the next best thing nowadays, for leadership and inspirational value, but not quite the same as Keane, so probably agree Rooney but a close call between him and Gerrard for the reasons stated.