What is worse?

Nobody

Guest Gemmill

firstly i'm white, was in the Dominican Republic 2 years ago and encounted blatent and agressive racism, i couldn't have cared less

it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting

I agree with the second bit. The first bit seems a bit irrelevent. It's canny easy to say you didn't care when (I'm guessing here) racism against you has never really been something you've had to deal with or has had an effect on your life. It's not like being called a name on holiday gives you any real insight into what a lot of black people have had to go through.

Well of course you wouldn't think the first bit is relevant, racism can only exist in the UK and can only be dished out by white people. Obviously.

:lol:  And yet not 10 minutes ago, you had a go at me for "not addressing the point" that someone was making.  Thick as f****** mince.

Aye, a point someone was making that you still haven't addressed and one which you are pathetically trying to avoid by making out I'm not responding to your so-called point.  You must have a really low opinion of the general membership of this forum if you think the majority won't realise.  :laugh: This isn't toonspastic, gemma.

Jesus lad, for a grown man who loves to emphasise his maturity, you don't half talk an awful lot of childish shite. 

1.  I responded to Ronaldo's post, incredulous at the fact that he can't see how a black man would take offence at being called a n*****. 

2.  You then respond with "well which is worse, fighting on a pitch or racist abuse?"

3.  I respond that it's like comparing apples and oranges, but both are appalling.

4.  You then tell me I haven't responded to your question.

Typical circular argument, ignoring what you don't want to see, and replacing it with something you can argue with (see your response to alex's post above) - the type of shit that the "general membership of this forum" has grown wearily accustomed to from you.

the double standards that exist are ridiculous. If Emre had told X to go f*** his f****** whore of a mother in response to X calling him a f****** cracker or whatever, nobody would have given a s***

I agree with that too. It is pretty hypocritical. You just need to look at the Big Brother thing to see how hypocritical the whole of the media and a lot of society is. That doesn't make what Emre allegedly said any more pleasant though.

Guest Gemmill

the double standards that exist are ridiculous. If Emre had told X to go f*** his f****** whore of a mother in response to X calling him a f****** cracker or whatever, nobody would have given a s***

Eh?  What are you on about?  Who is going to call Emre a "fucking cracker".  We play our games in Newcastle, not Tennessee ffs. 

What's to address. Violence is worse than name calling? Well done on spotting that one big man.

Been peeking have you, son? Better be careful, booboo will be jealous.

Sticking to the point eh? Nice one :)

Eh?  What are you on about?  Who is going to call Emre a "f****** cracker".  We play our games in Newcastle, not Tennessee ffs. 

alright, if he was called a white bastard then, relevant as ever

Eh?  What are you on about?  Who is going to call Emre a "f****** cracker".  We play our games in Newcastle, not Tennessee ffs. 

Don't you think blacks have suffered slightly more prejudice and misery in history than whites? Not exactly the same imo.

Guest Gemmill

Aye that would be out of order, of course it would.  But realistically, it's not gonna happen is it.  Tbh, I just find the whole "If Emre had said x would it have been worse than y" or "If so-and-so had said x to Emre, nothing would happen" thing a bit daft.  If he said what he's alleged to have said, it's bad enough.  No point looking for ways to excuse it.

alright, if he was called a white b****** then, relevant as ever

Aye that would be out of order, of course it would.  But realistically, it's not gonna happen is it.  Tbh, I just find the whole "If Emre had said x would it have been worse than y" or "If so-and-so had said x to Emre, nothing would happen" thing a bit daft.  If he said what he's alleged to have said, it's bad enough.  No point looking for ways to excuse it.

not trying to excuse anything. All i'm saying is that racism towards black people, no matter how deplorable, is often conveyed as a cardinal sin when the reality of the situation is that a word has been used.

Which is a bit different from what you were saying originally.

No it isn't. It's what he said earlier.

1. "it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting"

2. "All i'm saying is that racism towards black people, no matter how deplorable, is often conveyed as a cardinal sin when the reality of the situation is that a word has been used."

1. "it shouldn't be tolerated in any form but it's ridiculous how the use of one word is considered worse than on-pitch fighting"

2. "All i'm saying is that racism towards black people, no matter how deplorable, is often conveyed as a cardinal sin when the reality of the situation is that a word has been used."

I'm sure he can speak for himself but since it's you.....

Both of those points came after he wrote "any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues" which is why I said 'originally'. I should perhaps have written 'what you originally said in this thread' although I'm guessing everyone else got what I meant.

Cheers.

Both of those points came after he wrote "any grown man offended by such an impersonal word as n***** or whatever has issues" which is why I said 'originally'. I should perhaps have written 'what you originally said in this thread' although I'm guessing everyone else got what I meant.

Cheers.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tremendous come back that. Well done sir :)

that 'original' comment ties in with what i have said since in fairness. I consider racism deplorable but I can't understand why anyone would consider being on the recieving end of a word, worse than being on the recieving end of a punch

Cheers.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tremendous come back that. Well done sir :)

Expect anything else?

I don't think words are always less offensive than physical violence. I for one would much rather be involved in a good honest on-pitch scuffle than being degraded and insulted because of my race. There can be a lot of hatred and venom behind racist insults, often more than a push or punch that is just the temper snapping.

So RAcismd

Watching the cup final yesterday, and after the brawl when Adebayor got sent off, he really made a fool out of himself, and it got me thinking.

Isn't the way he acted worse than "just" saying "fucking n*****", or whatever Emre might have said?

[/qoute]

So racism is good now? Woo hoo!!