Scott Parker - Not good enough.

Greg

Lost count of the times he tried to slide into challenges because he hadn't read the play properly. Ends up on his arse far too often.

At least he was better than Butt. Doesn't say much though

To suggest he's a better DM than Butt is a joke.

Symptomatic of the performance tbh. Loads of perspiration, zero inspiration. Still thought he was one of our better players last night. Not that that's saying a great deal.

Scott Parker was absolutely awful and one of our worst players last night!

How anyone can say he was one of our best is unbelievable...

Can't think of one thing he did right...too careleass and reckless a player. Looks like a championship player at the moment, all graft and no guile.

PATHETIC!!!

Worse of all he's our captain and it's his responsibility to lift the team and he flunked at that as well.

He is one unbelievably limited football player.

Can't think of one thing he did right...too careleass and reckless a player. Looks like a championship player at the moment, all graft and no guile.

PATHETIC!!!

Worse of all he's our captain and it's his responsibility to lift the team and he flunked at that as well.

I'm not defending his ability, although some of the stick he gets is unbelievable but he never stopped running last night and that resulted in one clear cut chance (he should have done better from) and he was possibly also unlucky to get a goal chalked off right at the end. Who played better in your opinion?

central midfield was a major problem last night, we had no response to alkmaar's three attacking midfielders, as there was no midfielder of ours who could naturally bring the ball forward or take up advanced positions promptly. they ended up pinning us back all night, leaving our back-four under continuous pressure, and our front line adrift upfield.

Guest triggy99

parker was still one of our best players yesterday because the whole defence were rubbish, duff was rubbish, dyer was rubbish apart from his good run from solanos freekick when he shud have scored, butt didnt do anythin and our forwards hardly had a touch

PATHETIC!!!

I'm not defending his ability, although some of the stick he gets is unbelievable but he never stopped running last night and that resulted in one clear cut chance (he should have done better from) and he was possibly also unlucky to get a goal chalked off right at the end. Who played better in your opinion?

It's so sad because even when he does get in those positions you know he will never have the composure to do anything of note.

It breaks my heart trust me, because he is a quality guy, but I can't help having a go because he is totally ineffective. Just think about how easily we were opened up last night, and this was with essentially two players who are suppossedly good at breaking up play sitting in our midfield. So not only were we awful attacking wise, but we were awful defensively! It doesn't make any sense!

You ask who was better, but this makes no difference to me because I feel Parker is this ineefective all of the time. Apart from a few crunching tackles he does absolutely nothing...

It hurts to say it because I really wanted him to do well but it's the truth.

Guest triggy99

you are only sayin it makes no difference to you who you thought was better  because u cant think of any1 that was better. You shouldnt be criticising other peoples opinions about parker bein one of our better players when you cant even think of any1 better

you are only sayin it makes no difference to you who you thought was better  because u cant think of any1 that was better. You shouldnt be criticising other peoples opinions about parker bein one of our better players when you cant even think of any1 better

Aye

In my opinion Siberski was our best player last night. Got a head on so many of those horrid long balls and put them into good areas, but where was our midfield to pick some of these up? and where was Oba to run onto some of them? Sibierski was better than Parker.

Butt in my opinion was better than Parker because he actually played a few decent passes and more importantly he stayed on his feet took up better positions to try and break up play, even though he wasn't very succesful. I also recall instances where he tried to double up on the right winger who was giving Huntington the thrashing of his life. He also showed some freakin emotion and hurt at the end when he realised we were going out! while the other buffoons just accepted it. Butt was definitely better then Parker.

other than those two I wouldn't say anyone else was better but thecertainly weren't worse. I must say again though that this is irrelevant because Parker in my opinion never really does much...EVER!!!

parker was still one of our best players yesterday because the whole defence were rubbish, duff was rubbish, dyer was rubbish apart from his good run from solanos freekick when he shud have scored, butt didnt do anythin and our forwards hardly had a touch

Parker was shite. As usual.

Guest triggy99

i didnt say he was good. i said he was one of our best players and that is only because the whole team were rubbish

i didnt say he was good. i said he was one of our best players and that is only because the whole team were rubbish

He wasn't.

Emre did more in 5 minutes, for example. In any case, how well or otherwise Parker did last night doesn't deflect away from the fact that he's crap and isn't good enough for where we want to be.

Guest triggy99

emre did more in 5 minutes? like a couple of rubbish set pieces? and u have to remember parker had a goal disallowed which was a bit harsh

Guest given take

He wasn't.

Emre did more in 5 minutes, for example. In any case, how well or otherwise Parker did last night doesn't deflect away from the fact that he's crap and isn't good enough for where we want to be.

i agree 101%

Guest triggy99

HERE IM NOT SAYIN PARKER IS GOOD AND IM NOT SAYIN HE PLAYED WELL LAST NIGHT, WHAT I AM SAYIN IS THAT HE WAS ONE OF THE BETTER PLAYERS IN A TEAM THAT PLAYED REALLY BADLY

Guest given take

emre did more in 5 minutes? like a couple of rubbish set pieces? and u have to remember parker had a goal disallowed which was a bit harsh

stop trying to wind us up!  the fact you think parker good means you either stupid, didnt watch the match or 10 years old