Getting the best out of Scott Parker

Guest Knightrider

Guest Hodgson09

The problem is he doesn't do any of the things in your list. He is not the player we need for the role, it is an essential role in the team but Parker isn't the man to do it. I wish we had such a player in our team who could do the things you speak of but we don't.

The problem is he doesn't do any of the things in your list. He is not the player we need for the role, it is an essential role in the team but Parker isn't the man to do it. I wish we had such a player in our team who could do the things you speak of but we don't.

You aren't supposed to post anything negative about parka in this thread, mate. This is a wankfest about his positive attributes, such as they are, like.  ;)

There could be something in the idea that seeing as he's not making a good job either of the defensive nor the attacking roles in the middle of a 4-4-2, he might be better off in one of the in-between roles that you get in a Chelsea-style 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 -

Parker Butt (DM) Emre

Dyer Milner

Martins

But just to throw another idea into the post, maybe the Captaincy doesn't help him. He looks a bit tense and inhibited on and off the field at the moment. Even when he's being interviewed after we've won, he looks a bit miserable. He also seems a bit quiet for a Captain.

You are ignoring our best midfielder in that formation.

Who were you thinking of?

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Can't imagine why anyone would think Zog is our best midfielder right now. He's had one good season and has potential but that's it.

I'd agree there, I was merely pointing out NM may be referring to him as the obviously missing talented player.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Can't imagine why anyone would think Zog is our best midfielder right now. He's had one good season and has potential but that's it.

I'd agree there, I was merely pointing out NM may be referring to him as the obviously missing talented player.

Err, I know what you were pointing out, I was just posting a reply.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

I WAS referrign to the Zog, yes. He may not have reached his full potential yet, but he has still shown that he has more than any of the others. For me, anyway.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

I WAS referrign to the Zog, yes. He may not have reached his full potential yet, but he has still shown that he has more than any of the others. For me, anyway.

He 'potentially' has more than the others.

Last season he was good, this season he's been shite. If that qualifies him as our best midfielder we are in more trouble than I thought.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Last season he was good, this season he's been shite. If that qualifies him as our best midfielder we are in more trouble than I thought.

He's shown himslef to be better than Duff, so is by default our best left winger.

He was very good last season for me, better than any of our midfielders have been consistently this season.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Last season he was good, this season he's been s****. If that qualifies him as our best midfielder we are in more trouble than I thought.

Finally, youre blaming Shepherd for getting us into trouble.

Nice to have you on board.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Who do you think is our best midfielder, out of interest?

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Last season he was good, this season he's been s****. If that qualifies him as our best midfielder we are in more trouble than I thought.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

Neither are actually good enough for what I want from the team though.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

He's shown himslef to be better than Duff, so is by default our best left winger.

He was very good last season for me, better than any of our midfielders have been consistently this season.

Remains to be seen actually. Add that for some reason Zog apparently sees himself as a CM and it becomes interesting, especially as he's looked shite whenever he's had a game in CM.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

See, i think ZOG is better at what HE does than either of those, overall. But hey, its all about opinions (even them wrong ones about Luque being good).

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Remains to be seen actually. Add that for some reason Zog apparently sees himself as a CM and it becomes interesting, especially as he's looked shite whenever he's had a game in CM.

Remains to be seen? Not for me - Duff has played like a twat pretty much every game, The Zog has not.

As a CM, mind, you're right, he's gash. It winds me up when he gets played in the middle. Its like putting Dyer out on the left, or, even worse, Duff on the right. Waste of sodding time.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

See, i think ZOG is better at what HE does than either of those, overall. But hey, its all about opinions (even them wrong ones about Luque being good).

Aye, true enough. But he was shit this season.  You're going by last season but that's the past.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

Aye, true enough. But he was shit this season.  You're going by last season but that's the past.

Its only last season, mate.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

Aye, true enough. But he was s*** this season.  You're going by last season but that's the past.

Aye, I know. But he's a young player, I expect them to lose form. Nowt against him, man but he's not our best player TODAY!!! Surely.

N'Zogbia i'd imagine.

Butt. At what he does.

Emre. At what he does.

Aye, true enough. But he was s*** this season.  You're going by last season but that's the past.

Aye, I know. But he's a young player, I expect them to lose form. Nowt against him, man but he's not our best player TODAY!!! Surely.

I think he's our most talented midfielder today, yes. Out of form, granted, but still with more talent/ability than the rest of them, who are very average really.