Luis van Gaal

James

Got the impression those fact have been brought up in order to prove to me who the better of the two managers is!

No, everyone knows who the better manager is. I'm just slightly huffed that AZ can sign a manager with a top class record and can't/won't.

Got the impression those fact have been brought up in order to prove to me who the better of the two managers is!

No, everyone knows who the better manager is. I'm just slightly huffed that AZ can sign a manager with a top class record and can't/won't.

a dutch manager wanting to manage a dutch team rather the mighty newcastle united

who'd of thought it

What? Did you read my post? I said they have a manager with a top class record and we don't, in other words a team with a budget a fraction the size of ours and a 17'000 seater stadium has shown more ambition in getting a manager.

Guest Invicta_Toon

a dutch manager wanting to manage a dutch team rather the mighty newcastle united

who'd of thought it

What? Did you read my post? I said they have a manager with a top class record and we don't, in other words a team with a budget a fraction the size of ours and a 17'000 seater stadium has shown more ambition in getting a manager.

you obviously didn't read mine

who'd of thought it

Good one. :rolleyes:

Guest Invicta_Toon

who'd of thought it

god this is like teaching the special kids

ok then, you think him being dutch has nothing to do with him wanting/getting the job?

who'd of thought it

ok then, you think him being dutch has nothing to do with him wanting/getting the job?

Errrr... yes, that doesn't change the fact that we've shown zero ambition while looking for a manager.

Guest Invicta_Toon

who'd of thought it

Errrr... yes, that doesn't change the fact that we've shown zero ambition while looking for a manager.

it does blow your argument out the water though. Or have you got any more amazing examples?

who'd of thought it

it does blow your argument out the water though. Or have you got any more amazing examples?

What are you talking about? There isn't really an argument to be had here, all i'm saying is that AZ have shown ambition in going for a top manager and we haven't. Are you disagreeing with this?

Guest Invicta_Toon

who'd of thought it

What are you talking about? There isn't really an argument to be had here, all i'm saying is that AZ have shown ambition in going for a top manager and we haven't. Are you disagreeing with this?

were you equally amazed that Shearer signed for us? I'm not explaining this anymore, if you haven't got it already you never will

who'd of thought it

were you equally amazed that Shearer signed for us? I'm not explaining this anymore, if you haven't got it already you never will

I'm wasn't amazed when AZ signed Van Gaal. I would just like to see us approach some top class managers when the position is open, it is the most important position in the club so why not throw big wages at a good manager, we don't mind doing it when we need a midfielder or a striker. AZ have used what they have(the country they're in) to lure a manager so why don't we use what we have(money)?

Now do you understand where i'm coming from?

Guest Invicta_Toon

who'd of thought it

I'm wasn't amazed when AZ signed Van Gaal. I would just like to see us approach some top class managers when the position is open, it is the most important position in the club so why not throw big wages at a good manager, we don't mind doing it when we need a midfielder or a striker. AZ have used what they have(the country they're in) to lure a manager so why don't we use what we have(money)?

Now do you understand where i'm coming from?

wages is the only reason a top manager won't come here?

you're right, that's a good one :lol:

what were KD and GS's pay-offs again?

Some members of the Magpie Group(including myself)would have liked the club to try for Van Gaal after KK resigned, but he was virtually on his way to Barcelona at the time.Strangely enough, SBR was in charge at the Nou Camp then, and SJH asked him to come to SJP to take over.Robson knew that Barca were after Van Gaal, but wouldn't resign.He was sacked shortly afterwards, and we had appointed Dalglish by then.

I think the guy would, overall, do a good job at SJP - he is very knowledgeable about the game and his experience/trophies speak for themselves.

If he has a weakness, it is that he IS very attack-minded when caution may be a better option, but many NUFC fans are like that. Also, many players are not exactly cerebral, and his tactics may go over the heads of some of our squad(no names mentioned..!!!)

He would NOT tolerate any interference from the boardroom etc., so I cannot see him being at the top of the Chairman's list to replace GR, and if the club finishes in the top 10 after reaching the semis of the UEFA, GR will still be there next year......

In summary, an interesting idea, but one that doesn't look likely at present.

was outclassed by Roeders tactics last night, mind that is not saying much as managers can get it wrong

He was very naive in his tactics yesterday, he put far too many attacking players out.

Still though...

* 1 x Champions League: 1994/1995

* 1 x Intercontinental Cup: 1994/1995

* 1 x UEFA Cup: 1991/1992

* 2 x European Supercup: 1995/1996, 1997/1998

* 3 x Dutch Eredivisie: 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1995/1996

* 1 x Dutch Cup: 1992/1993

* 3 x Dutch Super Cup: 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1995/1996

* 2 x Spanish League: 1997/1998, 1998/1999

* 1 x Spanish Cup: 1997/1998

All done with sexy football.

That's the past. Doesn't count.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Kimbo is right tbh, you are focusing on Van Gaal and not really paying attention to what Kimbo is actually saying Vic.

I asked him if he had anymore examples of top class managers going to small clubs...

As far as i'm aware we haven't even tried to pull a top manager, so i don't know if they wouldn't come here for money.

Clearly you aren't aware that we've gone for and employed top managers in fairly recent times, then.

Bobby Robson is the only one with an top record.

Roeder, Souness, Gullit don't have great records. Dalglish had a decent one. After Robson we went for Bruce and Allardyce, again, these guys don't have top records.

Kimbo is right tbh, you are focusing on Van Gaal and not really paying attention to what Kimbo is actually saying Vic.

I asked him if he had anymore examples of top class managers going to small clubs...

Why is that relevant? My point is that we don't go for managers with really good track records. Fookinell. :banghead: :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why is that relevant? My point is that we don't go for managers with really good track records. Fookinell. :banghead: :lol:

well which managers are these then? seeing as we've eliminated Van Gaal as decent example

well which managers are these then? seeing as we've eliminated Van Gaal as decent example

You want me to list managers we haven't gone for? The fact is there were unemployed managers with far better records than the likes of Allardyce, Bruce, and Roeder who we didn't go for. Do you seriously disagree with this?

Guest Invicta_Toon

You want me to list managers we haven't gone for? The fact is there were unemployed managers with far better records than the likes of Allardyce, Bruce, and Roeder who we didn't go for. Do you seriously disagree with this?

it wasn't a hard question, which managers?