Newcastle 4 - 2 AZ Alkmaar - Post Match Thoughts

Dave

And also lets not forget AZ Alkmaar are more open then Paris Hilton's legs.

Look at their goals conceded in this seasons Uefa Cup, 2 goals conceded every Uefa Cup home game.

I maintain we have got a fantastic performance and result last Thursday, and we are favorites.

Look at our away European games:

3-0 away at Lillestrom

1-0 away at Ventspils

1-0 away at Talinn

1-0 away at Palermo

0-0 away at Frankfurt

3-1 away at Zulte

We don't score many but we concede less. However, if you consider the only side who come even close to matching Alkmaar is Palermo, we only kept them out through a great keeper display, we weren't exactly water tight at the back so those stats are largely redundant.

Guest Fetai

Look at their goals conceded in this seasons Uefa Cup, 2 goals conceded every Uefa Cup home game.

I maintain we have got a fantastic performance and result last Thursday, and we are favorites.

;D

Guest smoggeordie

;D

Do you have an english speaking fans forum for AZ mate?

Guest Fetai

As someone posted before.

AZ Alkmaar European Uefa Cup Home Record 2006/07:

Kayserispor (h) won 3-2

Braga (h) won 3-2

Liberec (h) drew 2-2

Fenerbahce (h) drew 2-2

Interesting stats i thought.

you have conceded 2 goals EVERY time you have played at Home in the Uefa Cup this season, against the likes of (Karserispor?, Braga, Liberec and Fernabache) and also not kept a clean sheet in this seasons Uefa Cup.

so do you think your team AZ Alkmaar will be able to keep the clean sheet you will proberly need on Thursday?

Notwithstanding the fact that Feyenoord did not score a goal scored against AZ this afternoon, I am absolutely confident that Newcastle United will score a goal against AZ. What happened this afternoon was a big exception really. Feyenoord is doing very badly this year, the main reason for this is that they have sold their most important players (Kuijt and Kalou) and they do now miss a player who can create their own chances, like Martins can.

This means that I personally think that AZ will have to make at least 3 goals, which they are capable of. They really have some decent players, but their goalkeepers is their biggest weakness imho.  I wish all the Newcastle supporters who will be going to Alkmaar this Thursday a great trip and a great time in Holland.

Looks like the Janitor already made it.

I posted the link up on here sometime last week, I think. Didn't seem like anybody was too bothered at the time.

Is that NSG making a tit of himself again as "Obafemi Martins"? ;D

Guest smoggeordie

I posted the link up on here sometime last week, I think. Didn't seem like anybody was too bothered at the time.

Nah it isn't, for some reason it wont let me register :(

Nah it isn't, for some reason it wont let me register :(

I'm surprised, because whoever did it got some good bites straight away. It smacked of experience.

I particularly liked the one calling Martins a "chocolateletter" and saying he would "melt in the DSB". Clever stuff.