AZ Alkmaar vs Newcastle United - Pre match thread

Guest smoggeordie

I completely agree with the Nut here. I thought they were fairly f****** terrible at SJP and incredibly boring to watch, aye we know you can pass the ball between the defenders and the goalkeeper, well done. Their lack of a right-back was something else I picked up on, one of their centre-halves was always yelling for somebody to track back and cover Duff. They do seem to have pace either side of Arveladze and Dembelele starting will probably make a difference to them, but I'm still confident we'll go through. 2-2 draw or something along those lines, but I favour us to win over them.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the tukkus.

^^ We played like our worst match of the season versus Newcastle.

I just saw some Newcastle supporters in the city, I hope they will still be nice after we beat you tonight.

Na, ya ganna gets cutz, aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:hmm:

Guest TheOrder

I completely agree with the Nut here. I thought they were fairly f****** terrible at SJP and incredibly boring to watch, aye we know you can pass the ball between the defenders and the goalkeeper, well done. Their lack of a right-back was something else I picked up on, one of their centre-halves was always yelling for somebody to track back and cover Duff. They do seem to have pace either side of Arveladze and Dembelele starting will probably make a difference to them, but I'm still confident we'll go through. 2-2 draw or something along those lines, but I favour us to win over them.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the tukkus.

^^ We played like our worst match of the season versus Newcastle.

I just saw some Newcastle supporters in the city, I hope they will still be nice after we beat you tonight.

Na, ya ganna gets cutz, aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:hmm:

Just joking BD!

Guest smoggeordie

AZ: Boy Waterman, Kew Jaliens, Tim De Cler, Shota Arveladze, Maarten Martens, Moussa Dembele, Danny Koevermans. Demy De Zeeuw, Gretar Steinsson, Julian Jenner, Ryan Donk

Subs: Job Bulters, Ruud Vormer, Gijs Luirink, Barry Opdam, Nourdin Boukhari, Jeremain Lens

NUFC: Shay Given, Nolberto Solano, Kieron Dyer, Oba Martins, Damien Duff, Scott Parker, Titus Bramble, Antoine Sibiersk, Nicky Butt, Steven Taylor, Paul Huntington

Subs: Steve Harper, Albert Luque, Charles N'Zogbia, Emre, Andy Carroll, Craig Moore, James Milner

So it'll be:

Given

Nobby Taylor Bramble Hunty

Dyer    Butt    Parker    Duff

Sibi      Martins

Could be worse. A little worried that Taylor may not be at his full but is being played anyway through lack of options in the back. Didn't he sit out training yesterday? At least Carr's out, though.

Guest YankeeGeordie

Round of 16

Newcastle 4 - 2 AZ Alkmaar

Round of 32

Fenerbahce 3 - 3 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 2 - 2 Fenerbahce

Group C

Sevilla 1 - 2 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 2 - 2 Liberec

Grasshoppers 2 - 5 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 3 - 0 Braga

1st Round

AZ Alkmaar 3 - 2 Kayserispor

Kayserispor 1 - 1 AZ Alkmaar

Home: 1 clean sheet, 10 GF, 6 GA

Away: 0 clean sheets, 13 GF, 11 GA

The AZ defense is crap. I'm going against 46 years of conditioning here, but Newcastle will score tonight, and that makes things very difficult for AZ. I'm optimistic. There, I've really done it now.

Round of 16

Newcastle 4 - 2 AZ Alkmaar

Round of 32

Fenerbahce 3 - 3 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 2 - 2 Fenerbahce

Group C

Sevilla 1 - 2 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 2 - 2 Liberec

Grasshoppers 2 - 5 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 3 - 0 Braga

1st Round

AZ Alkmaar 4 - 3 Kayserispor

Home:  1 clean sheet, 11 GF, 7 GA

Away: 0 clean sheets, 12 GF, 10 GA

The AZ defense is crap.  I'm going against 46 years of conditioning here, but Newcastle will score tonight, and that makes things very difficult for AZ.  I'm optimistic.  There, I've really done it now.

wow.. they've scored at least 2 every game..

yep, we MUST score

At least they have that nutball in goal again, let's hope he continues from where he left-off last time around: by that I mean with his constant fannying around, not that save he made from Martins.

Guest YankeeGeordie

wow.. they've scored at least 2 every game..

yep, we MUST score

Yes, but they've also given up 2 goals at home in three separate UEFA matches.  They arent' putting 4 past us tonight, even if Titus has a 'mare.

I'll shut up now ~ completely tempting the fates.