Bernard back in reserve squad

Skirge

I love Bernard but he is nowhere near Bridge!

He may not be now, given his problems. But when he was here and Bridge was at Ston he certainly was no worse than Bridge.

doesn't matter, Bridge is ten times the player Bernard has ever been, and an unsubstantiated rumour goes here.

Guest Sniffer

Bernard showed no loyalty to Newcastle and quite the opposite in fact. When he left us he was a decent player but now he isn't. Bottom line is he was a panic signing that couldn't cut it in the chanpionship or in Scotland. Now he's picking up money that I put into the club for doing fuck all and I'd agree with Alex that it's embarrasing that he should even get a free seat to watch the Toon never mind pick up wages.

He may not be now, given his problems. But when he was here and Bridge was at Ston he certainly was no worse than Bridge.

doesn't matter, Bridge is ten times the player Bernard has ever been, and an unsubstantiated rumour goes here.

Bollocks

Bollocks

Well, you've convinced me. :cheesy:

Bollocks

but it was a stupid quote,bernard of his newcastle good times was as good as i've seen bridge play,to try and make out that bridge is soooo much better than bernard was is silly.

Bollocks

but it was a stupid quote,bernard of his newcastle good times was as good as i've seen bridge play,to try and make out that bridge is soooo much better than bernard was is silly.

Some kind of beyond-one-word opinion would be nice, that's all. ;)

Bollocks

Some kind of beyond-one-word opinion would be nice, that's all. ;)

we've all done it (except HTT)

Bernard had pace, strength, decent aerial and crossing ability, good technique, strong tackler and wasn't a bad passer from the back. Obviously his positioning was poor but every player has at least 2 or 3 weaknesses.

Bridge is even too scared to touch the ball with his right foot!

And I reckon (but stats might prove me wrong) that Bernard scored more goals than Bridge.

Bernard had much more in his game than Bridge, defensively and offensively, imo.

I always liked Bernard as a player, but Wayne Bridge is miles better defensively and going forward.

sadly, football comes last on Oli's priorities, so f*** him, t***

WRONG !!!!!!!!!

Massively

The reason I find it 'embarrassing' is because the player is clearly shite now and it was a piece of post-deadline day panic buying. I base that opinion on the last two years or so, the clubs that have bombed him out in that time (including places he went on trial) and on his last few months here. No doubt HTL reckons I should go and support someone else on that basis :lol:

The reason I find it 'embarrassing' is because the player is clearly s**** now and it was a piece of post-deadline day panic buying. I base that opinion on the last two years or so, the clubs that have bombed him out in that time (including places he went on trial) and on his last few months here. No doubt HTL reckons I should go and support someone else on that basis :lol:

tbh I couldn't give a s*** which team you support, it's of no importance to me at all.

In general terms people who are in some way embarrassed and/or ashamed to be a supporter of Newcastle United can piss off as far as I'm concerned. I don't think any genuine supporter will have a problem with that point of view. No doubt you disagree, though.

I never said I was embarrassed to be a supporter of the club. Not like you to put words in people's mouths though. Kudos on the soopafan stuff too btw.

I never said I was embarrassed to be a supporter of the club. Not like you to put words in people's mouths though. Kudos on the soopafan stuff too btw.

Soopafan? If you say so. I'm just a normal fan in my eyes so you can try all you like to deflect the issuse. As usual. In fact, I'm wondering why you didn't start banging on about this supposed threat I made toward you about 3 years ago. That's your normal 'out' these days when you've posted crap and someone picks you up on it.

Fact is, Bernard left Newcastle in January 2005 and came back in summer 2006, a gap of only 18 months or so. During his time here he was a very decent player for us, easily PL quality but he looks to have gone off the rails a bit during those 18 months. That's hardly a lifetime, even when considering the short career of a footballer.

Bernard is a player who needs to resurrect his career and it can be done with help and an opportunity. There is no reason to completely write Bernard off unless you have some inside information, which I doubt you have. As usual you're jumping on the bandwagon and "going with the flow of opinion" of it being easy to slag Bernard off. Think for yourself, ffs. He's not finding it easy to recover his former quality but that's hardly embarrassing. Or it shouldn't be. Given the financial situation the club is in (ask macbeth) the signing of Bernard was not a panic signing at all, if he can be helped to resurrect his career the club will have a decent LB without splashing out money it doesn't have to splash. That concept will make sense to most people. Even if it fails to come off, it's a risk worth taking for a player of this quality.

Bottom line is that you're embarrassed by an action of Newcastle United in their signing of a player. My question is if you're so easily embarrassed by the club trying to help a player get back to his former quality, why don't you go support your local team, whichever team that might be?

If he wasn't a panic buy, why was he signed the day after the transfer window closed? He'd been a free agent for while.

If he wasn't a panic buy, why was he signed the day after the transfer window closed? He'd been a free agent for while.

He was not a panic BUY because he was FREE :D

:lol: Panic signing then :razz: