"Living in a goldfish bowl"

Optimistic Nut

No, not Jenas this time! Quote from Sir Les in tonight's Chronicle.

"That very same night I met KK in St Albans and that was it. He was totally honest saying that if I didn't want to live in a goldfish bowl don't come to Newcastle, but if I wanted to enjoy my football and be loved by the fans this was the only place to be."

Guest Knightrider

To be fair to Jenas it was Souness who said it and not the Spurs man, and to be just as fair to Souness, Newcastle can be a goldfish bowl experience for players, and many have found it tough, just as many have thrived on it. KK more than anyone. I remember a few people took offence at the comments but they are valid in my opinion. Obviously Jenas not being able to cope with the experience says more about his weak character than anything else (if that was indeed his reason for wanting out) but I think we underestimate what effect that can have on players and indeed managers. KK was right mind, this is one of the best places to play football, but if things aren't going well, it can equally be one of the worst. We can suffocate the club at times, the spotlight on the club is intense and never more so than during KK's time both as a player and then as a manager, often brought on by himself I might add.

I thought Jenas f***** people off more with the 'NUFC were holding me back' comments tbh.

Aye had he been a better player he would not have been getting negitve comments from fans that seen him around and about. Had he been a great player there would have been non of the gold fish bowl s**** from him.

To be fair to Jenas it was Souness who said it and not the Spurs man, and to be just as fair to Souness, Newcastle can be a goldfish bowl experience for players, and many have found it tough, just as many have thrived on it. KK more than anyone. I remember a few people took offence at the comments but they are valid in my opinion. Obviously Jenas not being able to cope with the experience says more about his weak character than anything else (if that was indeed his reason for wanting out) but I think we underestimate what effect that can have on players and indeed managers. KK was right mind, this is one of the best places to play football, but if things aren't going well, it can equally be one of the worst. We can suffocate the club at times, the spotlight on the club is intense and never more so than during KK's time both as a player and then as a manager, often brought on by himself I might add.

Didnt Souness also comment how certain players go away on international duty and hear what others are gettin paid then come back expectin more cash !!! I think this was the problem with Jenas, thought he was summit better then he is and wanted more money for it !