Comparing our forwards with the top 4

Guest Knightrider

Spuds will never have a chance to land Robben not in a million years.... they couldn't or not want to afford Robben wages.... IMO it happen to Duff... remember?

Which we all know. Just quite fun that they, basically, see themselves as equals to Barca... :D

Guest kingdawson

Man Utd - Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer

Arsenal - Henry, Aliadiere, van Persie, Adebayor

Chelsea - Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou, Wright-Phillips

Liverpool - Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy, Fowler

Toon - Martins, Owen, Dyer, Ameobi

Not too shabby are they?

Only us (Owen), Arsenal (Henry) and Chelsea (Drogba) has a recognised 20-a-season-man goalscorer for me, with Martins good for double figures and Dyer and Ameobi both effective forward players in their own right. I think we have a better forward line than Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, I really do.

ok ill put it like this (including spurs):

Best striker from each club = Henry >> Drogba >> rooney >> berbatov >> Owen >> Kuyt

2nd = van persie >> Martins >> Bellamy >> keane >> Shevchenko >> Saha

3rd = Defoe >> Adeybayor >> crouch >> Dyer >> Solskjaer >> Kalou

4th = Mido >> smith >> fowler >> Allidiare >> wright philips >> Ameobi

Its not bad,not that good either,Owen dosn't count as i am begining the doubt he will play for us this season,Ameobi is shit and i don't think that will change,Dyer did well as our makeshift Striker but then again he wasn't excellent,Martins is just fantastic but he is one man..

Anyway,Most premiership teams this season suffred from the striking department,i.e Manchester United had Larsson rated as their seconed best striker FFS (He is a fantastic player but when you look at the whole Larsson situation in Manchester and how he preferd to join his home town club instead of staying and winning the epl,its a joke tbh)

This season most goals came from midfield players,and i highly doubt that we will see alot of players passing the 20+ goals mark

So yes,When Comparing out strike force with that of the top 4,Its good,but thats only because the big four count of their midfielders more then they count on their strikers..wich means they don't need highly rated strikers (Well,at least thats the case for this season)..

Guest kingdawson

You're not saying Berbatov is better than Owen and Rooney now are you?

For sure i think he's a far better all round player then Owen but im having second thoughts about putting him ahead of Rooney tbh. Ill alter my list O0

Not too shabby are they?

Only us (Owen), Arsenal (Henry) and Chelsea (Drogba) has a recognised 20-a-season-man goalscorer for me, with Martins good for double figures and Dyer and Ameobi both effective forward players in their own right. I think we have a better forward line than Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, I really do.

Best striker from each club = Henry >> Drogba >> Berbatov >> Rooney >> Owen >> Kuyt

KD... defoe not better than adebayor ... adebayor also second this year from van persie... van persie also crock definitely not better than martin.... wtf r u saying ... martin are our best striker (newcastle)... owen crock also...

definitely mido this year.. would be the last of the 4th striker you mention.. regarding his lack of playing chance... and that makes him so shit... worst than ameobi... tbh.. and don't pick smith.... u must pick larsson... smith wasn't striker anymore....

Guest Knightrider

I like the varaition we have, although we lack a target man, everything else we have though, the pace, the goalscoring knack, the flair, the unpredictability of Ameobi, we just lack a traditional centre-forward, buy one and we will be complete up top and have ourselves many options to use.

Spurs have a decent attack, same as us, but they lack a goalscorer and lack the variation, Keane and Berbatov are a much of a muchness, while Defoe is neither here no there, don't think he works great with any of them, and Mido for such a big man, leaves a lot to be desired, I prefer our options, but individually Spurs have decent forwards as we do.

Guest kingdawson

Not too shabby are they?

Best striker from each club = Henry >> Drogba >> Berbatov >> Rooney >> Owen >> Kuyt

KD... defoe not better than adebayor ... adebayor also second this year from van persie... van persie also crock definitely not better than martin.... wtf r u saying ... martin are our best striker (newcastle)... owen crock also...

definitely mido this year.. would be the last of the 4th striker you mention.. regarding his lack of playing chance... and that makes him so s***... worst than ameobi... tbh.. and don't pick smith.... u must pick larsson... smith wasn't striker anymore....

All the 4th choice strikers have had limited playing time hence them being 4th choice strikers. You must be out your deluded mind if you honestly feel Mido should be behind Ameobi tbh.

For sure i think he's a far better all round player then Owen but im having second thoughts about putting him ahead of Rooney tbh. Ill alter my list O0

Kuyt is a better all rounder than Owen too, however I'd rather have a World Class goalscorer than an excellent all rounder any day of the week.

no... i am not deluded KD.... look by your open eyes... last year..miles better than ameobi... but this years he is so s***.... but as i said also... lack of playing times.... he just playing at the end of the game????... better ameobi tbh... better playing times... also more goal?

Guest kingdawson

no... i am not deluded KD.... look by your open eyes... last year..miles better than ameobi... but this years he is so s***.... but as i said also... lack of playing times.... he just playing at the end of the game????

Mate can you please tell me which one of the 4th choice strikers have had reasonable playing time this season. Answer = NONE OF THEM (except maybe Fowler)

Owen = world class on his day, but contribution to overall play is lacking, against physically stong defenders who read the game well, he will always struggle.

Martins = potential to be world class, but again, contribution to overall play is lacking, antipation/intelligene is poor therefore he is inconsistent. He is however a player i wouldn't swap for any other top 4 striker except Drogba and

Rooney.

Dyer = finishing has improved but still can be poor, shirks physical battles, and will naturally sit deep, will start to lose pace in the next year if he hasn't already.

Ameobi = decent finisher these day, strong, unpredictable and presents a good attiude from which to imrpove. Aerial ability is shocking, not a hint of pace, has a tendency to show overconfidence with great defenders, which 95 times out of 100 becomes a massive hinderance to our play. Not a natural goalscorer either and never will be.

Guest Knightrider

Adebayor? Been very very impressed with him, not and never will be a goalgetter, but he's a promising player, last season he couldn't do anything, looked way out of his depth, came on in leaps and bounds since.

Guest kingdawson

Kuyt is a better all rounder than Owen too, however I'd rather have a World Class goalscorer than an excellent all rounder any day of the week.

Well Berbatov can easily hit 20 goals a season as well as assist about 15 goals. I'd rather 20 goals and 15 assists then 25 goals and 1 assist.

Adebayor? Been very very impressed with him, not and never will be a goalgetter, but he's a promising player, last season he couldn't do anything, looked way out of his depth, came on in leaps and bounds since.

How many games did you watch for Arsenal this season?

no... i am not deluded KD.... look by your open eyes... last year..miles better than ameobi... but this years he is so s***.... but as i said also... lack of playing times.... he just playing at the end of the game????

Mate can you please tell me which one of the 4th choice strikers have had reasonable playing time this season. Answer = NONE OF THEM (except maybe Fowler)

Le Sib...??? and Amoebi also??? on Amoebi he definitely a bit more playing time at the starting of the season... Mido just comeback from Roma when season already started.. fact!!

Guest Knightrider

Regarding Owen, people underestimate his overall game, I always thought he was a limited poacher and nothing more, but watching him live with my own two eyes, he's a very good player, in and outside of the box, he can hold the ball up, is intelligent, a smart passer, has excellent control (according to Arrigo Saachi he was in the top 5% at Madrid regarding technical ability) and not as weak as he looks, he can more than hold his own, against most defenders. Owen has more bows to his game than appears, but you have to involve him, otherwise he will disappear. But that goes for most players.

Guest Knightrider

Well Berbatov can easily hit 20 goals a season as well as assist about 15 goals. I'd rather 20 goals and 15 assists then 25 goals and 1 assist.

Owen created 5 goals last season IIRC, directly or indirectly, and created a few at Liverpool and for England, he's a creator too.

I support CoachHTT... at the starting of the season he look woeful... but after few games... he look more faster than Henry tbh.

Guest Knightrider

Berbatov being able to easily hit 20 goals depends alto on facing average sides in the uefa cup, the acid test has always been the league and so far Berbatov has 1 more goal this season than Owen got in 10 games for us last year.