Trouble in Alkmaar

Magpie

All kicked off in the main square, all going great till 30 mins ago... AZ Fans started throwing fireworks and flares at all the toon fans, next thing its all kicked off, bottles throwing about, chairs, etc coppers coming in riot gear and on horses just going for anyone to try and calm it all down. Just off the phone to a mate who is now trying to get a taxi to the ground.

Oh dear, hope it blows over.

Sounded like it had and it was just madness for about 25 minutes until the local constabulary restored order by hitting everyone in sight with a baton!

Guest Texasmag

One of my family lives there, and he said the Alkmaar fans are trouble. He won't even go to the game, as he would have to sit in  the home end. I think he was going into Amsterdam to watch it in a bar. He said it would be safer.

Guest Gemmill

They can count themselves lucky the Gemmillator isn't there tbh.  I'd have them all in a Kentucky Fried Headlock.

My ITK says knifes, bricks and chairs....and police on horse-back!!!

Police on horses should be banned around violence!

When there's things being thrown it's gunna be the horses that take most of it.  Suprised animal rights activists haven't jumped on this situation yet!

Guest TheOrder

Chant at Wigan away.

'......is f****** s***, YOUR HORSE IS f****** s***, your horse, your horse, YOUR HORSE IS f****** s***....'

They can count themselves lucky the Gemmillator isn't there tbh.  I'd have them all in a Kentucky Fried Headlock.

I read the AZ forum and that was the main talk before the last game, they were overjoyed you didn't go out for the away leg.

Guest TheOrder

Your. ;)

It's this bastard forum Gemm, it's embedded into my head. Every other post is 'you're'. The most common grammatical error on the forum.

And then I went and made that clanger, knowing exactly what it was supposed to be.

Grr, it's almost subliminal.

Guest Geordie_Paul

It doesn't surprise me tbh, considering when they were over here was close to kicking off near central with them trying to have a go at us!

Guest YankeeGeordie

When there's things being thrown it's gunna be the horses that take most of it.  Suprised animal rights activists haven't jumped on this situation yet!

Lunacy.  Properly trained mounted police are an extremely effective part of a crowd control solution.  Intimidating as hell.

Guest Invicta_Toon

not much point using them for anything else now is there