Bramble

tmonkey

Guest the_guv_nor

Bramble is utter s****, has been for years, he'll have 1 or 2 good games then go on a run of 10 games where he is utter crap. hes got the touch of an elephant and is not aware of what is going on around him. why are we still paying his wages, it really p*sses me off! and i just know for a fact he is the kind of player we will be offering a contract extension to.

Bramble is utter s****, has been for years, he'll have 1 or 2 good games then go on a run of 10 games where he is utter crap. hes got the touch of an elephant and is not aware of what is going on around him. why are we still paying his wages, it really p*sses me off! and i just know for a fact he is the kind of player we will be offering a contract extension to.

The thing is, Taylor or Oneywu are just as mistake prone as Bramble is. They just get less flak for it. And TItus's all-around game when he's actually playing well is better than either of them.

I'm not saying that Titus is good enough to be wearing the shirt or anything, but that's just the sad state that our squad is in. At least Taylor has the excuse of being young.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The thing is, Taylor or Oneywu are just as mistake prone as Bramble is. They just get less flak for it. And TItus's all-around game when he's actually playing well is better than either of them.

I'm not saying that Titus is good enough to be wearing the shirt or anything, but that's just the sad state that our squad is in. At least Taylor has the excuse of being young.

you're judging Onweyu's few games against brambles years of shit performances?

Guest the_guv_nor

you're judging Onweyu's few games against brambles years of s*** performances?

Exactly, Bramble has been consistently sh*te for years now, how much time are we going to give him?

you're judging Onweyu's few games against brambles years of s*** performances?

What else am I supposed to judge him on? You don't need to watch somebody for a hundred matches just to get a feel for what sort of player he is.

I'm not even saying that we need to get rid immediately or anything.

Oneywu's amazing physical abilities may come to be an asset eventually, but as for now he's certainly no better than Bramble.

Would certainly like to be proved wrong.

Guest the_guv_nor

But he's still our best defender. Fact.

I take it this is a joke?

Bramble is s***.

But ask yourself, are Taylor, Huntington, Ramage, or Oneywu better?

yes, taylor and gooch are better!

Don't think he will be offered a new contract.

"They are not good goals we conceded," he said. "Too often crosses come into our box, they are not defended properly and bad decisions are made.

"I have to find defenders who are good enough to play in front of Shay Given."

"Shay Given is a is a top drawer keeper but he does not get the protection he should get. He is exposed far too easily.

"Too many defenders make too many mistakes that cost us points.

"They do well, you are happy with them and you think they have learnt. Then 'bang' they go and make the same mistake again and let you down."

Bramble is s***.

Taylor is just as mistake prone as Bramble. To be completely honest, I think a lot of it gets covered up because of his (admittedly admirable) work ethic and the fact that he's a Geordie. Thankfully, he's still young, so he's got a shot to improve.

Gooch, from what he's shown us so far, is no better than Bramble. Again, I sincerely hope he'll get better once he gets a permanent deal and settles down in England, but for now that's the truth.

Guest the_guv_nor

"They are not good goals we conceded," he said. "Too often crosses come into our box, they are not defended properly and bad decisions are made.

"Shay Given is a is a top drawer keeper but he does not get the protection he should get. He is exposed far too easily.

"They do well, you are happy with them and you think they have learnt. Then 'bang' they go and make the same mistake again and let you down."

bramble has been doing that for years! has he just noticed

Guest Ridzuan

Bramble is s***.

With the exception of Ramage,I think the other 3 are much better than Bramble.Furthermore,Taylor and Huntty are still young,they still have a lot to learn.As for Oneywu,he just join us and I think I have seen a few occassions where he played well considering he still is getting to know the Premiership better.

Guest Ridzuan

Glenn said that?

He should be shot for coming out with that. I could have told the stupid twat that in July, so could everyone else (apart from NE5, he wanted some more left wingers, at least 7 would do.)

Guest the_guv_nor

Bramble is s***.

Taylor is just as mistake prone as Bramble. To be completely honest, I think a lot of it gets covered up because of his (admittedly admirable) work ethic and the fact that he's a Geordie. Thankfully, he's still young, so he's got a shot to improve.

Gooch, from what he's shown us so far, is no better than Bramble. Again, I sincerely hope he'll get better once he gets a permanent deal and settles down in England, but for now that's the truth.

for me Taylor is a far better defender than bramble and it makes my p*ss boil when he has several great games at centre half then he gets moved to full back just because Donkey Kong aka Bramble returns from an injury!

as for Gooch his general awareness of the game and his possioning so far has looked alot better than brambles.

Andy Townsend, Mark Lawrenson &c. proving that propaganda works just as well in 2007 as it ever did.

Haddaway and shite man, we've kept 1 clean sheet in the last 20. Just cos they say our defence is shit doesn't automatically mean it's not. It is.

Glenn said that?

Yes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6449935.stm

Roeder blames defence for defeat

Roeder was not happy with the way his side performed

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder launched into an attack on his defenders after the club's Uefa Cup exit on away goals to Dutch side AZ Alkmaar.

The Magpies held a 4-2 first leg lead but saw that overturned all too easily as AZ Alkmaar won 2-0 in the return.

AZ Alkmaar took the lead when a low cross was not cut out by Steven Taylor and was converted by Shota Arveladze.

Their second came when Danny Koevermans lost his marker Titus Bramble and nodded home.

Roeder added: "Shay Given is a is a top drawer keeper but he does not get the protection he should get. He is exposed far too easily.

We did not have enough players who came out and performed, which was a surprise and unexpected

Roeder also believes too many of his players failed to turn up as they tamely surrendered to the dominant Dutch opponents.

"We did not have enough players who came out and performed, which was a surprise and unexpected," he said.

AZ Alkmaar coach Louis van Gaal changed his tactics after the first leg and praised the attitude of his side in completing the comeback.

"I have to give my players a compliment for this massive performance," he said.

"It is tough mentally when you are trailing 4-2, we have proved before we can do it."

Van Gaal added: "In the first game, we left Nolberto Solano in a free role and he took advantage of that fact.

"Tonight, we played with Julian Jenner and Maarten Martens in wide positions and therefore Scott Parker and Nicky Butt were swimming."

He should be shot for coming out with that. I could have told the stupid t*** that in July, so could everyone else (apart from NE5, he wanted some more left wingers, at least 7 would do.)

Tbh i agree,he should be shot for saying that,and i just hate it with fucking Roeder drop one of his "hints" .

Bramble is s***.

Add to that the fact that Taylor is a red card or a penalty waiting to happen, and it's clear that he is no better than Bramble and in fact he's worse.

You'll undoubtedly get grief from people for "writing Gooch off after only a few games", yet no-one will notice the irony that they're claiming he's some sort of messiah after the exact same number of games - if they try to tell you they knew all about him before we signed him, tell them to fuck off because they're lying through their teeth, even if they had seen him a couple of times the Belgian league is not exactly Serie A is it!?!

Van Gaal added: "In the first game, we left Nolberto Solano in a free role and he took advantage of that fact.

"Tonight, we played with Julian Jenner and Maarten Martens in wide positions and therefore Scott Parker and Nicky Butt were swimming."

They certainly were. Utterly outfoxed.  >:(

At last he seems to understand. It's pretty clear he's referring to Bramble there.

Andy Townsend, Mark Lawrenson &c. proving that propaganda works just as well in 2007 as it ever did.

Haddaway and shite man, we've kept 1 clean sheet in the last 20. Just cos they say our defence is shit doesn't automatically mean it's not. It is.

My attempt at brevity has, as ever, resulted in ambiguity. I was referring to how Bramble is blamed irrespective of what the circumstances are.

The WHOLE defence was craaapppp...Why single out Bramble only ??? Huntingdon was so bad that all their attacks came from his side...Solano was crap...Taylor was crap so as Bramble...So why on picking on Bramble...!!!