As much as many would hate to admit it...we need SHEARER!!!

KaKa

Shearer in my opinion keeps everyone on their toes and has the character to let Glenn know who needs to be sat down if they are not playing well enough. He is cut from the same cloth as Keane in that sense. He is absolutely no nonsense and the players would know they couldn't afford to slip up.

I believe we have all maybe underestimated his contribution to our success at the end of last season. I think it woul dbe good to have him back in the mix in whatever capacity!

At this rate he might very well be our manager!

I wouldn't have been too enthusiastic about this last summer but I have seen the light!

:o

Shearer in my opinion keeps everyone on their toes and has the character to let Glenn know who needs to be sat down if they are not playing well enough. He is cut from the same cloth as Keane in that sense. He is absolutely no nonsense and the players would know they couldn't afford to slip up.

I believe we have all maybe underestimated his contribution to our success at the end of last season. I think it woul dbe good to have him back in the mix in whatever capacity!

I wouldn't have been too enthusiastic about this last summer but I have seen the light!

Didn't you just say in another thread that no manager could work with these players? ;D

Didn't you just say in another thread that no manager could work with these players? ;D

I said there was no pioint in blaming Roeder as everything from the manager to the players is a mess.

A character like Shearer would be good for us and along with some better players we would be in much better shape.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer is our last throw of the dice if we want to achieve greatness. Its all or nothing!

Roeder out, Shearer in!

Shearer as manager and sir bobby as director of football would suit me, never happen though especially the latter !!

Maybe even Roeder as DOF, I think he would do a good job in that role.

I'm not sure about Shearer as manager - yet. Its a very big risk. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. Great players don't always make great managers. Jackie Milburn, Bobby Charlton, Ruud Gullit and Graeme Souness are all good examples of that.

I think some other manager has got to succeed in winning a trophy at this club before Shearer comes in as manager.

He doesnt need that monkey on his back of trying to end the drought, I think if he comes in now it will all end in tears he needs to manage another club for a few years imo cause if he fails and gets the sack or walks that would be a wound I think that the club may never recover from.

Shearer as manager and sir bobby as director of football would suit me, never happen though especially the latter !!

Id have roader back at the acadamy, which he stayed there tbh

I think some other manager has got to succeed in winning a trophy at this club before Shearer comes in as manager.

He doesnt need that monkey on his back of trying to end the drought, I think if he comes in now it will all end in tears he needs to manage another club for a few years imo.

Then again, you could say, if he follows on from a manager who wins us things/something - he has the pressure of having that to live up to.

it's fcking shortsigthted twats that can't see past Shearer are the reason we are in this s****

No, the reason we are in this shit is we have some core problems deep within the mentality of the club, and basic on field problems which continually year by year are being failed to be addressed properly and we all know what those on field problems are.

Guest smoggeordie

Nice, then we'd have a lawsuit against Joe Joyce to contend with...

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's fcking shortsigthted twats that can't see past Shearer are the reason we are in this s****

No, the reason we are in this shit is we have some core problems deep within the mentality of the club, and basic on field problems which continually year by year are being failed to be addressed properly and we all know what those on field problems are.

problems not being adressed properly? and you don't class OMFG we NEED Shearer as just that?

jesus wept on a bicycle FFS

Still no tangible suggestions for manager I see...

We are so screwed.

Crap arguement, there are plenty of better managers than Roeder around in positions they could be tempted away from. His opposite number tonight for one.

Nice, then we'd have a lawsuit against Joe Joyce to contend with...

I would be interested in the arguement Kaka would make for Roeder doing significantly better than Joyce for the Academy in the first place.

Shearer was great for us but I'm sick of him now, so I'd rather see some freshness at the club. I, like most, are tired with having the same faces around the club, it makes it out as if they're lingering, like they could be the reason for how poor we are..

I'm desperate for Newcastle to change our ways, to have some real optimism injected into our club......but frankly, I don't see that happening anytime soon..

I'll just have to remain another one of the patient fans, who despite roeders ups and downs, have no more energy to go through yet another managerial shakeup. Its like its all we ever do at nufc..

Guest elbee909

Be great.  If we can get Shearer, then the twats will be behind the decision.  And if we still lose, then it's ok, because at least we made the Geordie-favourite decision, and we're destined never to win anyway, aren't we?

Fucking sentimental bollocks is half the reason we're never winning anything.