We're S**t and we know we are!

jong24
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After the recent run of  games, I feel I need to ask something.

Let’s be honest, we are playing some of the worst football I can ever remember. There’s a lack of passion, vision, ability and tactics. Roeder is now even starting to have the odd crack at his own players. (Probably deserved but never a good sign in my experience.)

It looks like FFS is playing some sort of game of “chicken” with the Halls, (sell to me before the clubs worth f-all anyway). We are in the clag, official. Now I’ve been a season ticket holder for years, pre-Keegan but I have to admit I’m totally pi$$ed off with this lot and I’m seriously thinking of doing a HTT and not renewing but it’s my sodding club, I love the f*****g place, it’s in my blood but is it time, to make a point, to stand up and say, “No, enough is enough”?

So renew or not renew? That is the question. 

Guest Gemmill

I reckon we're just about as bad off now as we were under Souness tbh.  I've seen worse performances from Roeder's Newcastle than I ever saw from Souness's, particularly at home.

By the way, don't believe HTT about not renewing.  He never had a ticket to not renew man, he's armchair TO THE MAX. ;)

I'll still end up renewing though.  Just on the offchance we have a decent season.  :uglystupid2:

While I agree that the club is going absolutley nowhere at this moment in time, I think its worth pointing out that we are in pretty much the same position as we were a couple of weeks ago, apart from being out of a competition. Granted that going out of that competition has effectively ended our season but it has taken for us to go out of this competition to actually realise that the paper over the cracks is very thin.

I would consider myself quite an optimistic person and if I'm honest I find myself looking at what some people on here write and almost laughing thinking how quickly emotions can change, but I think realisation is starting to kick in from even the most optimistic of people. I think I am guilty of thinking that Roeder has done a pretty good job when we string a couple of results together and thinking that we should give him time, but its just not working.

Even when we do string a couple of results together there is absolutely no fluidity in our play, and its not really entertaining to watch (bar the odd moment of magic from individuals). I know that it is considered a good thing when a team plays poorly and picks up results and we can hide behind that when we get results against the like of Spurs, and Aston Villa, but we were extremely lucky, and I personally thought we was so poor it was alarming and worrying that we was going to get found out, and we were against Birmingham even though we played probably as bad/well against them as we did against Villa and Spurs.

Me and my dad are both pretty much as fanatical as we can be considering we live in the south, but even my dad is starting to lose interest and I'm beginning to just not be so fucked off about bad results because its almost expected.

I think the thing that puts this into the most perspective for me is that I find myself seeing highlights of Spurs matches and thinking "they play some good football". I fucking hate Spurs!!!

I don't know if this should be in this thread but I wanted to have my say.

Guest Der Kaiser

Problem is why it's taken so long for people to realise. we've been **** all season yet I reckon many people have had their eyes firmly shut and it's taken the AZ game to really make some people open their eyes.

Good on you Gemmill for being honest as I reckon a lot of these people saying they won't renew will end up renewing, they just don't want to admit it.

While I agree that the club is going absolutley nowhere at this moment in time, I think its worth pointing out that we are in pretty much the same position as we were a couple of weeks ago, apart from being out of a competition. Granted that going out of that competition has effectively ended our season but it has taken for us to go out of this competition to actually realise that the paper over the cracks is very thin.

I would consider myself quite an optimistic person and if I'm honest I find myself looking at what some people on here write and almost laughing thinking how quickly emotions can change, but I think realisation is starting to kick in from even the most optimistic of people. I think I am guilty of thinking that Roeder has done a pretty good job when we string a couple of results together and thinking that we should give him time, but its just not working.

Even when we do string a couple of results together there is absolutely no fluidity in our play, and its not really entertaining to watch (bar the odd moment of magic from individuals). I know that it is considered a good thing when a team plays poorly and picks up results and we can hide behind that when we get results against the like of Spurs, and Aston Villa, but we were extremely lucky, and I personally thought we was so poor it was alarming and worrying that we was going to get found out, and we were against Birmingham even though we played probably as bad/well against them as we did against Villa and Spurs.

Me and my dad are both pretty much as fanatical as we can be considering we live in the south, but even my dad is starting to lose interest and I'm beginning to just not be so fucked off about bad results because its almost expected.

I think the thing that puts this into the most perspective for me is that I find myself seeing highlights of Spurs matches and thinking "they play some good football". I fucking hate Spurs!!!

Fair a place as any. Good post. :thup:

You see that’s just it. It’s not really the fact that we are crap at the minute, let’s face it we’ve been crap many times before. It’s the fact that there just seems to be no end to it in sight and if we are not careful we will become apathetic to the whole club and not give a toss if we’ve won or lost. I mean, I usually don’t watch match of the day if we’ve played badly…… so I just don’t watch it now! (Does big ears still present it?)

This could be me getting older and more cynical but I just feel the club are losing the fans, they are pi$$ing off the single biggest and best resource they have and it’s really hard to pi$$ us off we love the f*****g place!

Guest Der Kaiser

What worries me is that we've picked up a fair few points from games, e.g. Spurs away, where we were totally outplayed and had no right to pick up the 3 points. We did and that's football etc but without these spawny points we'd be right down there close to the bottom 3.

Me and my dad are both pretty much as fanatical as we can be considering we live in the south, but even my dad is starting to lose interest and I'm beginning to just not be so f***** off about bad results because its almost expected.

I think the thing that puts this into the most perspective for me is that I find myself seeing highlights of Spurs matches and thinking "they play some good football". I f****** hate Spurs!!!

Im thinking the same way you are.

IMO at the moment Spurs are far better team than us.Maybe as individuals we are equal but as a team they are better.They play fantastic football and are going in the right direction.And although i hate them as much as you do i cant deny the fact that they have overcome us as a club

Guest LucaAltieri

Me and my dad are both pretty much as fanatical as we can be considering we live in the south, but even my dad is starting to lose interest and I'm beginning to just not be so f***** off about bad results because its almost expected.

I think the thing that puts this into the most perspective for me is that I find myself seeing highlights of Spurs matches and thinking "they play some good football". I f****** hate Spurs!!!

IMO at the moment Spurs are far better team than us.Maybe as individuals we are equal but as a team they are better.They play fantastic football and are going in the right direction.And although i hate them as much as you do i cant deny the fact that they have overcome us as a club

True or not, don't bloody say that.

Guest justin99.

I say as fans, we should all continue to cheer and support the club no matter what kind of adversity is against us.

The players should then be hounded by the media and guilt, for any poor performance.

Maybe not far,far better but still better than us

For example:can you really think its possible under Glenn Roeder to be leading Chelsea 3:1 at half time at Stamford Bridge? :uglystupid2:

Ill renew because no matter how frustrating and pap and awful they are i still love the club. and i know 3 or 4 people who are the same, will always think about giving up their ticket but will always renew. Its becuase of those famous words by some charver on Metro ....." Its in the blood"

Maybe not far,far better but still better than us

For example:can you really think its possible under Glenn Roeder to be leading Chelsea 3:1 at half time at Stamford Bridge? :uglystupid2:

Nah, you're right not far,far better but far,far,far better. (unfortunatly)

Guest Phil K

I reckon we're just about as bad off now as we were under Souness tbh.

Which is what I was saying some months back and you were DISagreeing with me, Gem.

If anything, Souness had no luck and Roeder's had plenty.

How many games have we got a win when we didnt deserve it ?

How many did we DESERVE a win under Souness and lost ?

I'd say he's got a better eye for players than Souness, its just getting the best out of them that he's incapable of.

Roeder is as big a disaster as Souness, - I personally think he's WORSE - just a nicer bloke.

But we know where nice guys finish don't we ?

And if he is still in charge next season, he'll prove it conclusively.

If you renew, you are signing this clubs relegation warrant, if not death warrant.

I reckon we're just about as bad off now as we were under Souness tbh.

Which is what I was saying some months back and you were DISagreeing with me, Gem.

If anything, Souness had no luck and Roeder's had plenty.

How many games have we got a win when we didnt deserve it ?

How many did we DESERVE a win under Souness and lost ?

I'd say he's got a better eye for players than Souness, its just getting the best out of them that he's incapable of.

Roeder is as big a disaster as Souness, - I personally think he's WORSE - just a nicer bloke.

But we know where nice guys finish don't we ?

And if he is still in charge next season, he'll prove it conclusively.

If you renew, you are signing this clubs relegation warrant, if not death warrant.

Agree too nice, good coach (pos) not a good manager. How big is this next 12 months for the club?

The place is in turmoil, FFS needs to get a grip and either sod off or sort things out. We need a new manager and quickly. We are falling way behind the "big" four and now Spurs and even Bolton ffs.

However if you read this board, it seems people are more interested in when the new sodding strip is comming out and what colour "Norther Rock" is going to be...... sigh. (sorry just pi$$ed off!)

Guest Stephen927

I can't really remember a game where we have played good attacking football except from first 20 or so minutes against Bolton.

This season was always going to be difficult and without a lot of we would be staring relegation in the face. I really want Roeder to do well as he is such a nice man but I can't see us excelling with Glenn in charge if there aren't any funds. He's been quite good in the transfer market with the players he's brought in (I think it's fair to say Bernard was not his signing).

I think next season is pretty much a write-off too without some reinforcements in the defence.

Guest stormrider

I'll renew.  Gets me out the house and it's an excuse to start drinking at 12 on a saturday.  Although I know at least one of my pre-match drinking companions is probably not going to renew.

can't you do that without the extra cost of the ticket?

;)

Guest Harry-Norway

we are s***,will be s*** as long GR and FF are steering the weel-get me a desant manager,look abroad-outside UK,Pool,Spurs etc. are doing well with manager outside the island-BUY NEW GLASSES IF YOU DONT SEE IT-I AM SO PISSED OF.

I see TOON nearly every week on TV from Norway,and to be ounest,i am very glad every time Toon is not on TV,then my friends dont see what a poor team i have been suppotring for over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,and its getting worse  and worse for every f...en manager they put in the chair.

PLEASE TOON-ACT NOW,WE WILL NOT SURVIVE NEXT SEASON(OR THIS?)

BLEEDING BLACK AND WHITE

Religation would still see me renew my season ticket, I am a fana nd cannot stop just because we are doing badly.

We laughed at the mackems and their empty new stadium, as soon as they did crap no fker went. I will always go to see the Toon its what I do! :D

I think the only reason real supporters would give up their season tickets would be if the outcome was the resignation of Shepperd and the rest of the board. I would bet my house that if everybody thought this they would hand in their tickets right now...