Carr's back on the Roed (again)

Rich

Story

Carr Keen To Overcome Latest Setback

By Craig Hope

STEPHEN Carr is keen to shrug off  the thigh complaint which has forced him to miss Newcastle United's last two fixtures - and admitted he'd experienced a "nightmare" with injuries this season.

The Irishman stayed at home on Tyneside as his team-mates travelled to Holland for last week's UEFA Cup defeat against AZ Alkmaar, and was again absent when the Magpies were beaten 2-0 at Charlton on Sunday.

Carr explained to nufc.co.uk: "All I've done is suffered a slight reaction to the same thigh injury I picked up last month.

"Maybe it was too much to play 90 minutes against Alkmaar in the first leg, so soon after coming back from injury.

"It's been disappointing to miss the last two games, but with the two-week break because of the internationals I've got a bit more time to recover and I think I'll be OK for Man City.

"It's been a nightmare season for me, so stop-start and I've not been able to get a run of games under my belt.

"But I'm hoping to come back in between now and the end of the season and help the lads pick up as many points as possible.

"Then it's a case of getting my head down over the summer and working hard in training."

The Republic of Ireland star was part of the United side which worked themselves into such a commanding position ahead of the second leg with Alkmaar.

But Carr could only watch as Glenn Roeder's men saw their 4-2 advantage diminish during the 2-0 defeat in Holland, ultimately bowing out of the competition on the away goals rule.

The Dubliner added: "We were in such a great position, but maybe should have wrapped it up at St.James'.

"It was frustrating to watch and you just wish you could be out there to help your team-mates."

Looks like someone has told Carr how much he is generally loathed and he/the club are beginning a media campaign to keep him here, because I certainly don't recall him coming across this well in an interview before...

I cannot see him leaving the summer, seriously. Which is a great, great shame.

Guest andynufc84

I refuse to get upset over the fact that Carr is recalled time and time again

I am just resigned to the grim fact that when he's 'fit' he will be picked to play

next week i expect to read how carr is going to score 20 goals and play for england.

The avatar returns :lol:

On a more serious note i'd wish he'd have played LB for us in THAT game