Your England Team......

Guest nufc_geordie

Can't believe some people have Terry ahead of Woodgate.

:lol:

I'm a massive Woodgate fan, and if he'd stayed clear of injuries he'd be up there with the very best. He's still a top class player like, but John Terry is absolutely immense

For Chelsea, yeah.

When has he had a bad game for England in recent times? England's defence is quality and always has been, its going forward where we're always let down.

Only conceded 2 goals in the WC, only conceded 2 in the Euro qualifiers.

2 Goals conceded in WC? So what? I'd expect that as we played the mammoth Paraguay, T&T, Sweden and Portugal. We were lucky not to get smashed by Portugal, it should have been 3 or 4. Some of our marking against Sweden, Terry especially, was truely awful.

And Woodgate has never lost his marker, or had a bad game? I swear, people on here make out Woodgate is like Bobby Moore or something. He's a class player, but he's not that good.

........................Foster.............................

Richards..Terry........Ferdinand.........Cole

Lennon.....Hargreaves..Gerrard..Bentley

...............Rooney...................................

...............................Owen......................

Bentley, especially if cole carries on being a crock.

Robinson - G.Neville, Terry, Woodgate, A. Cole - Beckham/Lennon, Gerrard, Hargreaves, J.Cole/Barry - Rooney, Owen

I'm not sure about Beckham and Lennon. I think basically Beckham should be playing - on the right and not in the middle where he is only average - and they could rotate him and Lennon who offer something different, even subbing one of them and so sharing games. It's difficult because you need pace and Lennon is the only player who offers that and ideally I would like 2 forward players with good pace.

It's a matter of looking at the good players, and deciding whether to play your best players, or go for the best shape and balance. If Gareth Barry or Downing had pace they would be automatic. And if Dyer or Lennon were left footed they would both be automatic on the left too. The never ending problem position for England.

James ----------------------

G. Neville ---- Terry --- Ferdinand --- A. Cole

---------------------  Gerrard  ----------------------

Lennon -----------  Rooney---------------- J. Cole

------------Owen ---------------Crouch

Subs: Woodgate, Richards, Dyer, Lampard, Johnson

Personally, I think Rooney is more suited to an  attacking-mid role than as a striker. I don't see anything wrong with the current crop of defenders, but England need quicker, more attacking side.