GR has better games won on average than all the managers since KK

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

according to something i read, can't remember were sorry and this was about 2-3 weeks ago it said that Newcastle have won more games on average since KK or something like that, seems quite interesting if it's true as it would shut up all the people that just breathe negative s**** about GR.

and yes i'm sorry there aren't many facts just going on what i can remember

Guest nufc 4 life

I think that counts last season aswell when he was caretaker. His stats as full-time manager won't be anywhere near as good I imagine.

probably, but he was caretaker for a while

If you take away the time he was caretaker manager, Roeder is definitely lower than Keegan and Robson, and at times, he has had a lower win ratio than all post-keegan managers.

I dont think that Roeder's tenure as caretaker should be counted due to both the Shearer factor and the uncertainty factor, plus the fact that the majority of his games were against teams with nothing to play for.

Why are the "shearer factor" and uncertainty factor things that reason this ???

Shearer was a brilliant figurehead towards the end, everyone involved with the club from chairman to fans were intent of giving him the sendoff he deserved.

No-one knew who was going to be the manager until quite late on. Players had to be at top of their game, in case a manager taking over in the summer decided to sell them to fund his own spending spree.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I have a vague recolection that I used to get the hiccups more under any other manager than now under Roeader, so all you muthas that be hatin on Glenn better step off!

Its the contrast in football that worries me, how many wins has Roeder had by 1 goal, or how many have been flukes. TBH our quality of football is shocking now and it wasnt with Keegan or Robson. The players put in too many non performances under Roeder, sure his stats look good but alot of that is based on his wins as a caretaker manager. His percentage over the past few months would be shocking i would imagen. Its not the winning percentage that worries me its the whole setup, the quality of the team and the bleak future we all fear is heading our way. Its the fact that players get away with gutless performances FAR TOO MUCH that gets on my nerves with Roeder.

Honestly the utter bollocks some people speak.

He was manager last season, it doesn't matter how you try and take that away from him, he was there, and he was the one training and picking the team.

His win % must include last season, to suggest other than that is stupid as fuk and you want shot with the shit you spout.

The Shearer factor, the uncertainty, its like saying the games he lost this season when we had half our team injured dont count against, its circumstances, fuking get over it FFS.

I dont like the guy, i dont want him as manager, but dont distort the facts, he won those games fair and square.

What i meant was his winning percentage was when he was caretaker, aka a year ago, its his winning percentage over the last few months that worries me.

I wasn't talking about you, and i agree with everything you say in that last post, just the taking away his stats & win & from last season from his overall record at the club is utter horseshit.

Yeah i agree, some people have to remember it was his stats as caretaker that got him the job in the first place.

It was, that and a board with no ambition.

shhhhh!.......the you know whos!

Yeah i agree, some people have to remember it was his stats as caretaker that got him the job in the first place.

Ever see LOTR's the 1st one where the clumsy hobbit knocks the alarm in the dwarf mines?

*dum dum dum dummm dumm dummm*

'They have a cave troll'

:lol:

Ever see LOTR's the 1st one where the clumsy hobbit knocks the alarm in the dwarf mines?

*dum dum dum dummm dumm dummm*

'They have a cave troll'

:lol:

dead pleased to say "no i haven't"

Honestly the utter bollocks some people speak.

He was manager last season, it doesn't matter how you try and take that away from him, he was there, and he was the one training and picking the team.

His win % must include last season, to suggest other than that is stupid as fuk and you want shot with the shit you spout.

The Shearer factor, the uncertainty, its like saying the games he lost this season when we had half our team injured dont count against, its circumstances, fuking get over it FFS.

I dont like the guy, i dont want him as manager, but dont distort the facts, he won those games fair and square.

He took control in a caretaker capacity alongside Craig and Shearer. Beyond the fact that he simply wasn't our contracted manager, to dismiss their input (like the club seemed to with cup winning Craig somewhat unamusingly) is absurd. Surprisingly Roeder himself still harkens back to that season as an example of his success, which somewhat dampens his other recent relevation that wished to be judged purely on his own players, not someone elses squad.

Not like Roeder to be so contradictory.

Its the contrast in football that worries me, how many wins has Roeder had by 1 goal, or how many have been flukes. TBH our quality of football is shocking now and it wasnt with Keegan or Robson. The players put in too many non performances under Roeder, sure his stats look good but alot of that is based on his wins as a caretaker manager. His percentage over the past few months would be shocking i would imagen. Its not the winning percentage that worries me its the whole setup, the quality of the team and the bleak future we all fear is heading our way. Its the fact that players get away with gutless performances FAR TOO MUCH that gets on my nerves with Roeder.

100% agree. the football being dished out should be the basis for judgement. it's not been near good enough and we depend on our luck too much to scrape through.

Guest nyscooby

How strong would this team have been allowed to have become if the board had benched Shearer 5 years ago and built for the future rather than building round him???

Thus leaving us in a much stronger, tactical position than we have now, with our thrid rate manager and second rate all star team of under achievers...

I hope Shearer chokes on his club goal record to be honest. The root of our problems and the only reason we have ended up with s*** manager after s*** manager.

"Keep the golden boy happy"