If Emre leaves in the summer.

Parky

You genuinely are one of the most sinfully boring posters.

He's just a realist, I agree with what he said above and pretty much everything else he says.

Emre is so overrated on here, and even more so since he's been injured/out the team. He's scored 4 goals in 58 games for us, thats rubbish for this so called creative midfielder. I bet his assist count isn't much better either.

He has played under two of the worst managers in christendom and often in a depleated team and 20 yards too deep.

True, but you don't see people excusing Scott Parker because he's played under shit managers.

In the circus the elephant man is king. blueyes.gif

He's just a realist, I agree with what he said above and pretty much everything else he says.

Emre is so overrated on here, and even more so since he's been injured/out the team. He's scored 4 goals in 58 games for us, thats rubbish for this so called creative midfielder. I bet his assist count isn't much better either.

He has played under two of the worst managers in christendom and often in a depleated team and 20 yards too deep.

True, but you don't see people excusing Scott Parker because he's played under s*** managers.

Because Parker doesnt look like he has the ability to play alot better in a team playing good football. Emre does in many of our opinions, hes got the technical ability but hes playing the wrong role in a shiite team. Its near impossible imagining Parker playing for Arsenal or AC Milan or someone similar, he doesnt have the required technical ability, but with Emre its feasible, as is the thought that he would play alot better in those teams because he has the ability to do so.

This excuse is also used for Duff, because likewise, he has the ability to play alot better in a better team. Well, "had" would be the more accurate word to use as opposed to "has".

True, but you don't see people excusing Scott Parker because he's played under s*** managers.

Because Parker doesnt look like he has the ability to play alot better in a team playing good football. Emre does in many of our opinions, hes got the technical ability but hes playing the wrong role in a shiite team. Its near impossible imagining Parker playing for Arsenal or AC Milan or someone similar, he doesnt have the required technical ability, but with Emre its feasible, as is the thought that he would play alot better in those teams because he has the ability to do so.

This excuse is also used for Duff, because likewise, he has the ability to play alot better in a better team. Well, "had" would be the more accurate word to use as opposed to "has".

Parker biggest achievement just playing at Chelsea reserve

I can honestly say I never really understood all the hype around Parker. Emre on the other hand played some great matches for Inter.

I can honestly say I never really understood all the hype around Parker. Emre on the other hand played some great matches for Inter.

Indeed Inter had reach second place when Emre flourish... but after changing manager it was clear Mancini doesn't like him.... and clearly replace him with Mancini former team mate which is Stankovic. after that no future Emre at Inter because Mancini never gave him a decent chance to compete with Stankovic

Because i'm realistic? Well done, you're the bestest fan in the world.

You're just a smart arse mate. Sick of seeing you just write people's posts off with simple, arsey, one-liners. Just ain't good to read.

You're just a smart arse mate. Sick of seeing you just write people's posts off with simple, arsey, one-liners. Just ain't good to read.

Oh, so now you're the post police?

Wind your neck in mate. I don't like some of the drivel you post, but i don't go round crying like a smacked bitch about it.

Wind your neck in mate. I don't like some of the drivel you post, but i don't go round crying like a smacked bitch about it.

Post police, not quite. I just said you were boring.

Smacked bitch, nah. I said you were boring.

Two things which i stand by. :)

Indeed Inter had reach second place when Emre flourish... but after changing manager it was clear Mancini doesn't like him.... and clearly replace him with Mancini former team mate which is Stankovic. after that no future Emre at Inter because Mancini never gave him a decent chance to compete with Stankovic

To be fair Stankovic is absolute class - would walk into any Premier League team and displace some very highly rated players in the process...

Post police, not quite. I just said you were boring.

Smacked bitch, nah. I said you were boring.

Two things which i stand by. :)

Ooh, i'm cut to the quick, now.

Well, i'm not, but i hoped it might make you feel better, you clearly have the painters in.

You get on with your little posts, and i'll get on with mine. Good girl.

To be fair Stankovic is absolute class - would walk into any Premier League team and displace some very highly rated players in the process...

Indeed Stankovic is Class as well as emre. There 1 story which make Mancini started to bench emre.  It happen when Inter got a corner and then the opponent was heading into the top corner left. and by that time emre was guarding at the pole and to be fair emre wasn't able to block the header by his head because emre was a midget. after that game no where emre near get played again. that was the time that i knew Mancini doesn't like midget. that happen to martin also which martin also hardly get a run of games when at Inter. Looks like Mancini is really hate midgets kind of players. It's fair because not all manager likes too short player type.

Indeed Stankovic is Class as well as emre. There 1 story which make Mancini started to bench emre.  It happen when Inter got a corner and then the opponent was heading into the top corner left. and by that time emre was guarding at the pole and to be fair emre wasn't able to block the header by his head because emre was a midget. after that game no where emre near get played again. that was the time that i knew Mancini doesn't like midget. that happen to martin also which martin also hardly get a run of games when at Inter. Looks like Mancini is really hate midgets kind of players. It's fair because not all manager likes too short player type.

Mancini being a midget himself. :cheesy:

Guest PMtoon

TimesApril 5, 2007

Emre draws line under racism row to focus on the futureSuna Erdem

“I am a Turk in England. We are ambassadors for our country. Just imagine how awful it would have been if I, of all people, had been found guilty of racism. It would have affected my career — and the careers of other Turks trying to go abroad.”

Emre Belözoglu, the Newcastle United and Turkey midfield player, shudders at the thought of what might have been if he had not been cleared, ten days earlier, of racism — he had been the first player in the Barclays Premiership to face such charges.

“You know, in Turkish there is a saying: ‘Sling mud and the stain will never come off,’ ” Emre said in his first interview since the case ended. “Well, I know in my heart that I am not guilty, but if you have such a conviction on your record, how do you ever get away from it?”

Emre was charged in January by the FA after complaints from Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Tim Howard for comments allegedly made in an angry exchange during Newcastle’s 3-0 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park on December 30. But an independent disciplinary commission found on March 19 that the charges were “not proven”.

Immediately, Emre flew off to join his Turkey teammates for two European Championship qualifying matches and made a creditable return to the national team after injury and a ban, playing in Turkey’s 2-2 draw against Norway behind closed doors in Frankfurt.

“It was good to play for Turkey again and it’s a relief that this is all over,” Emre, 26, said, but the relief is tempered by the effects of those three months between accusations and acquittal. “I did not break down, I did not shed tears, but of course it was very tough. It would have been better if I had been fit and played through it — otherwise you have time to dwell on it.

“Sometimes we laugh and sometimes we cry in life — there is nothing much we can do about some things. But even the thought of such an accusation was very troubling for the future.”

Emre does not try to draw a veil over the day that nearly ruined his career in England. “There is nothing to forget — there was nothing much at all, really,” he said. “There was a bit of a tussle, but nothing bad, nothing to make me particularly angry. People swore — the usual things that everybody says — and I think I said something similar in Turkish.”

Emre has a penchant for international swearwords, it seems. In a previous match, the former Inter Milan player was accused of calling a rival coach a whore.

But did he say “f***ing n***** or f***ing negro, as his accusers asserted? “I didn’t know those words — not what they meant nor even how they are pronounced,” Emre said. “You know, I learn most of my English in the locker-room and I never heard anyone say that.”

Emre is thankful to Newcastle for standing by him and has made few enemies during a career that has included four league titles and a Uefa Cup victory with Galatasaray in his teens, as well as progressing to the semi-finals of the 2002 World Cup. Despite being one of the most successful Turkish exports in football, his name has not been linked to models and nightclub brawls. In fact, he rarely has a cross word to say about anyone.

But on the pitch it is a different story. A crafty, technical player with a reputation as an emotional hothead, the likeable Emre often deserts him in the game for a shouting, pouting, shoving Mr Hyde.

In February last year he was given a six-game ban — which was later reduced to four — and a hefty fine for his role in a brawl after Turkey’s 2006 World Cup qualifying defeat by Switzerland.

Emre admits that he can be aggressive. “But everybody swears, don’t they?” he said. But racism is different. “I condemn it utterly. I don’t categorise my friends by colour. When I first came to England, my press conference was a week after the London bombings. There was a lot of talk of blaming Muslims, so I thought I must say something — I said I condemned terrorism and racism. Isn’t it ironic?”

With typical diplomacy, he expresses understanding for his accusers. “I’m sure they sincerely believed I said those words,” Emre said. “But it was a misunderstanding — they may have misinterpreted one of my Turkish swearwords. You can’t criticise them for being oversensitive — you cannot know what they go through unless you can put yourself in their shoes.”

Racism does not really come up as an issue in Turkey, Emre acknowledges. There are many black footballers in Turkey, but the league is not noted for complaints about racism from players. On the contrary, many are fêted as heroes. But there are few black people in society and the casual private racism of some of the older generation does not tend to find its way into the public domain. Now Emre has been cleared and his injury has healed, he can look forward to getting on with his life in Newcastle, where he says he enjoys a quiet life of training, dinner with friends, shopping and beach volleyball (“It’s not quite as hot as Turkey, though”). But he admits that there have been offers from clubs such as Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin.

“My plan from now is to best serve the club which gave me such support,” Emre said, clearly touched that he should have such strong backers in a foreign land. “I have a contract until 2010. I am happy with my life here and I would like to stay now I have been cleared. But if the club say they would benefit from my moving then I would think about it.”

For now, though, all talk of transfers has been put on hold as Emre gets on with doing what he does best — playing football.

Guest Invicta_Toon

It's a good job he is such an ambassador for the Turkish national team

Just ask the Swiss what a good bunch they are