so you never wanted Roeder

Guest Invicta_Toon

Newcastle's all-time average attendance record: 30,675

Villa's: 28,806

Hardly a huge difference is it?

Also... above us in the all-time table are Spurs and Everton.

I don't know why we crow about our attendances or the percieved size of the club, because since when have attendances or size correlated with anything? If they did we'd have chalked up a lot more success than we have.

Villa have won 10 more trophies than we have BTW...

Based on top flight average, ours pisses on all of there's at 35,000 I believe.  Size of the club was always based on fanbase in the past, which is why Manchester United despite a bleak 26 years, were always perceived as the biggest club.  It's how Wenger judges Arsenal's status.  It's just a new gimpy feature of the modern fan who has changed this,

You can shift the goalposts any which way to suit any kind of argument Stevie, the truth of the matter is attendances or the size of a club mean f*** all to anyone, or shouldn't because as Indi correctly states, they mean f*** all. For all our amazing attendances and how big we supposedly are, it hasn't done us a great deal of good has it?

NO, but all I was doing was querying Victoria's point that Villa have a potentially MASSIVE fanbase, and as usual these things go off at a tangent.

the statment was actually meant to illustrate MON going to Villa was a comparable environment to that which he could have found here

but it is funny to see what meaning you took from it

Comparable to the environment he could have found here???  Is that why in August he said:

Intriguingly, O'Neill made it clear he regarded Newcastle as a template, in terms of their ambition and willingness to invest, for what Villa could become under Lerner. "They have the essence of a brilliant club - 54,000 people go and support them. They get a serious injury to Michael Owen, so what do they do? Spend pounds 10m on a replacement [Obafemi Martins]. They also bought Damien Duff.

"Newcastle deserve success. It doesn't matter what their financial position is, they're prepared to do something because the club demands it. They mean business. They don't want to be on the periphery. I might be deluding myself, but I feel Villa can get there too.

We need a wanker smiley on this board.

There's WUM's and there's nobheads, but here we have an example of someone just making a tit of themselves.

Why are we even wasting our time talking about a club like Villa anyway?

Aren't you the one with 10,000 plus posts on gg-chat.net?

No, about 100 more like, although I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Why are we even wasting our time talking about a club like Villa anyway?

Aren't you the one with 10,000 plus posts on gg-chat.net?

Just type in "DOF" tbh

You've said it twice and still nobody laughed, best to give up now.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't know why we crow about our attendances or the percieved size of the club, because since when have attendances or size correlated with anything? If they did we'd have chalked up a lot more success than we have.

Based on top flight average, ours pisses on all of there's at 35,000 I believe.  Size of the club was always based on fanbase in the past, which is why Manchester United despite a bleak 26 years, were always perceived as the biggest club.  It's how Wenger judges Arsenal's status.  It's just a new gimpy feature of the modern fan who has changed this,

You can shift the goalposts any which way to suit any kind of argument Stevie, the truth of the matter is attendances or the size of a club mean f*** all to anyone, or shouldn't because as Indi correctly states, they mean f*** all. For all our amazing attendances and how big we supposedly are, it hasn't done us a great deal of good has it?

NO, but all I was doing was querying Victoria's point that Villa have a potentially MASSIVE fanbase, and as usual these things go off at a tangent.

the statment was actually meant to illustrate MON going to Villa was a comparable environment to that which he could have found here

Comparable to the environment he could have found here???  Is that why in August he said:

Intriguingly, O'Neill made it clear he regarded Newcastle as a template, in terms of their ambition and willingness to invest, for what Villa could become under Lerner. "They have the essence of a brilliant club - 54,000 people go and support them. They get a serious injury to Michael Owen, so what do they do? Spend pounds 10m on a replacement [Obafemi Martins]. They also bought Damien Duff.

"Newcastle deserve success. It doesn't matter what their financial position is, they're prepared to do something because the club demands it. They mean business. They don't want to be on the periphery. I might be deluding myself, but I feel Villa can get there too.

We need a wanker smiley on this board.

There's WUM's and there's nobheads, but here we have an example of someone just making a tit of themselves.

MON has ambitions on 11th place?

well I thought that was obvious old chap

We need a w****** smiley on this board.

Isn't that quote kind of making the point, Stevie? I'm not sure who is the "nobhead" you are alluding to - me, Invicta or MON?

Just avoid the point.  Stick to posting about getting bullied in your insurance sales call centre, it's the last time I'll address you.

Isn't that quote kind of making the point, Stevie? I'm not sure who is the "nobhead" you are alluding to - me, Invicta or MON?

Mate, I've got nothing against you, you've made a few good points, and most people who are passionate about football will have views with a biased slant towards their club, so I certainly wouldn't label you as a "nobhead".

The other lad you mentioned, without doubt is a cazzo.

Guest Knightrider

Speaking of Villa, the bastards beat us in our first ever FA Cup Final. But we got them back in 1923-24

Sam Allardyce - The new alan curbishly, obviously got some serious skeletons to hide in his shiny plastic stadium's closet. Obviously happy to be king of the castle with the chairman as his bitch

I don't think this bit is true. He was absolutely desperate for the England job and recently made a pretty poor attempt to distance himself from rumours linking him to the City job. Quote: "If Stuart Pearce was to leave and Manchester City were to make an official approach, who knows?". I'm absolutely 1000000000% sure he wants a bigger job. I've also heard its "common knowledge" around Bolton that he's taking the Newcastle job in the summer but I tend not to believe any of this ITK s****.

I think Allardyce is a complete c**t but the way he runs a football club could be exactly what we need.  Someone to bang heads together, get a plan in place and completely overhaul the entire coaching staff/physios/players...the whole organization.  I hate the b******, but when he's sitting there with his stupid head set on you know he probably isn't making tactical decisions based on the supporters' chanting.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just avoid the point.  Stick to posting about getting bullied in your insurance sales call centre, it's the last time I'll address you.

well you know fuck all about the nature of my support for NUFC, so it's not suprising you know fuck all about what I do for a living (or don't, whichever way you look at it)

You had no point, you posted an opinion of what MON thought of NUFC in August. Interesting then that he decided not to come here, I wonder why that was, but still, through the entire thread these basic musings have been completely missed by the 'real fans' :lol:

Sam Allardyce - The new alan curbishly, obviously got some serious skeletons to hide in his shiny plastic stadium's closet. Obviously happy to be king of the castle with the chairman as his bitch

I don't think this bit is true. He was absolutely desperate for the England job and recently made a pretty poor attempt to distance himself from rumours linking him to the City job. Quote: "If Stuart Pearce was to leave and Manchester City were to make an official approach, who knows?". I'm absolutely 1000000000% sure he wants a bigger job. I've also heard its "common knowledge" around Bolton that he's taking the Newcastle job in the summer but I tend not to believe any of this ITK s****.

I think Allardyce is a complete c**t but the way he runs a football club could be exactly what we need.  Someone to bang heads together, get a plan in place and completely overhaul the entire coaching staff/physios/players...the whole organization.  I hate the b******, but when he's sitting there with his stupid head set on you know he probably isn't making tactical decisions based on the supporters' chanting.

I agree about the banging heads together thing, he'd sort the whole club out in his image, and make a good fist of it. But is Shepherd ever going to allow anyone to do that?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Mate, I've got nothing against you, you've made a few good points, and most people who are passionate about football will have views with a biased slant towards their club, so I certainly wouldn't label you as a "nobhead".

The other lad you mentioned, without doubt is a cazzo.

Aye Stevie doesn't hate you personally Brummie man, he just see's you as the inferior being you are when compared to the royalty that he is as a true NUFC fan that embodies all the right and proper expectations that entails, given NUFC's massive resources and fanbase

mackems.gif

"Aston Villa huge potential fan base"  mackems.gif a club who haven't averaged over 40,000 in half a century.

Rangers - mid table Premiership team standard players  mackems.gif

"PIERCE" - Who?  Mary Pierce?  :)

"Heskey in the Championship with Bruce", did he move back?  :)

Oh to have the knowledge of your average Euro96 band wagon jumper.

i'll give you heskey then, can't say I do take much interest in the championship teams. Substitute his name for Andy Cole if you like, point still stands

as for your other points, laughable and ludicrous as ever

You obviously don`t take much notice of Premiership teams either as you would know that Heskey plays for one.

Guest Invicta_Toon

mackems.gif

"Aston Villa huge potential fan base"  mackems.gif a club who haven't averaged over 40,000 in half a century.

Rangers - mid table Premiership team standard players  mackems.gif

"PIERCE" - Who?  Mary Pierce?  :)

"Heskey in the Championship with Bruce", did he move back?  :)

Oh to have the knowledge of your average Euro96 band wagon jumper.

i'll give you heskey then, can't say I do take much interest in the championship teams. Substitute his name for Andy Cole if you like, point still stands

as for your other points, laughable and ludicrous as ever

You obviously don`t take much notice of Premiership teams either as you would know that Heskey plays for one.

obviously if his presence had registered then I wouldn't have still assumed he was at Birmingham. Heskey has hardly set the Premiership alight has he?

I agree about the banging heads together thing, he'd sort the whole club out in his image, and make a good fist of it. But is Shepherd ever going to allow anyone to do that?

That's the question.  But without knowing how closely involved in football affairs Shepherd actually is, I would guess that his primary motivation is money.  Newcastle the plc.  And the business will be at its most successful when we are winning.  It would be an adjustment for both of them, but Allardyce is never going to get a job in the top 4 and he may have burned his bridges with the FA.  Assuming our finances aren't completely wrecked, Newcastle is still a club that has something to offer an ambitious manager.  There must be a part of him that gets frustrated when clubs like Newcastle and Tottenham finish in the same places in the league but are able to go out and blow millions on players like Martins or Berbatov when he finishes in Europe with Bolton but has to settle for free transfers and bargain deals. 

That's the question.  But without knowing how closely involved in football affairs Shepherd actually is, I would guess that his primary motivation is money.  Newcastle the plc.  And the business will be at its most successful when we are winning.  It would be an adjustment for both of them, but Allardyce is never going to get a job in the top 4 and he may have burned his bridges with the FA.  Assuming our finances aren't completely wrecked, Newcastle is still a club that has something to offer an ambitious manager.  There must be a part of him that gets frustrated when clubs like Newcastle and Tottenham finish in the same places in the league but are able to go out and blow millions on players like Martins or Berbatov when he finishes in Europe with Bolton but has to settle for free transfers and bargain deals. 

Like you said, he's done miracles with Bolton, and it'd be interesting to see what he'd do with resources. Does seem that he's eyeing the Man City job, though.

Bolton play horrible football, but you do have to wonder if that is just SA getting the best out of what he has got - he's clearly not got the players to play Arsenal style football, and it gets him results ...

My main objection to him is that fecking bluetooth thing ....

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like you said, he's done miracles with Bolton, and it'd be interesting to see what he'd do with resources. Does seem that he's eyeing the Man City job, though.

Bolton play horrible football, but you do have to wonder if that is just SA getting the best out of what he has got - he's clearly not got the players to play Arsenal style football, and it gets him results ...

My main objection to him is that fecking bluetooth thing ....

he's had a lot of players who have played like that in the past

the setup and methods he's got there would never translate to NUFC, and it speaks volumes that he obviously would rather stay there than come here

like I said. 2 reasons

The thing is, we haven't got any money, so Big Sam might be the perfect person for us at the moment because he's excellent at getting the most out of limited resources. The only difference between us and Bolton would be that if he was successful here, he wouldn't have to survive on limited resources for ever, whereas at Bolton no matter how good he does he'll always be scrimping and saving the following year.

The thing is, we haven't got any money, so Big Sam might be the perfect person for us at the moment because he's excellent at getting the most out of limited resources. The only difference between us and Bolton would be that if he was successful here, he wouldn't have to survive on limited resources for ever, whereas at Bolton no matter how good he does he'll always be scrimping and saving the following year.

And putting a bit aside for his Craig, obv

he's had a lot of players who have played like that in the past

the setup and methods he's got there would never translate to NUFC, and it speaks volumes that he obviously would rather stay there than come here

like I said. 2 reasons

Where do you stand on the bluetooth headset issue?

Hector Cuper.

Unemployed Argie manager who built domestic and CL challenging sides at Valencia and Inter. Saved bankrupt Mallorca from the drop when they were dead and buried, that was a miracle he pulled off given how bad they were and the finances.

Would probably know a few bargains playing in South America, knows the Spanish and Italian markets well, would probably be able to attract Argentinian players (lots of talent, low prices) - quite a few positives there from appointing him.

Some more on his career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Cuper

Cúper started his coaching career in Huracán, straight after his retirement. After three years he moved to Club Atlético Lanús, and two years later he made the jump to Europe. In 1997 he was hired by RCD Mallorca, and in the very first season he drove the modest club to the final of the Copa del Rey, which he would lose against FC Barcelona. The following season the team reached the final of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup losing to S.S. Lazio. However, in the same season the team had its revenge against Barcelona, winning the Supercopa de España in 1998. That season also meant the best historical position at the end of the league with a 3rd place, allowing the team to play in the UEFA Champions League.

Cúper moved to the Valencia CF in 1999, where he maintained his bad luck in finals, losing the final of the Champions League two consecutive times; in 2000 against Real Madrid, and in 2001 with FC Bayern Munich by penalty kicks.

In 2001 Cúper was hired by Italian Inter Milan, where he reached the third and second place of the championship in successive seasons. He was fired from the club after six matches in 2003, when the team was in the 8th position.

After a year off work, due to a contractual argument with Inter, Cúper managed Mallorca again during the 2004/05 season, when the team was already in a relegation position after 10 matches, saving the team from relegation in the last match of the season. Suffering bad results in spite of his many signings, Cúper decided to leave the team in February 2006, with the team at the bottom of the division.

Obviously a risk and I wouldnt want us to bring him in right now, having no experience in the Premiership, but at least hes someone with a pretty good track record - much rather give him funds to build a team rather than the likes of Pardew, Roeder, etc. At least he has experience of taking teams to where we want to get to.

Rumoured to have applied for the job when Sir Bobby was sacked, doesnt seem to have anyone interested in him because hes got the choker tag, so without a doubt imo someone wed get if we approached him. But obviously we wont, because hes a foreigner.

And putting a bit aside for his Craig, obv

Yeah, Willie'd have to learn to share.

Anyone for old bug eyes?

Been good at Lyon, wasn't really too bad at Liverpool, we'd kill for a 5th of the success he had at Anfield, although he went defensive and stale there, i'd have him here in a shot.

Works well at all levels, some suspect buying especially at Liverpool, but the rest of it he did really well at.

Someone who is a class above our current and last manager, only question is, does he still want to come back to the EPL?

If so, we should inquire about his services now, his contract could be up this summer as well IIRC.