so you never wanted Roeder

Guest Invicta_Toon

Dinho: you want one of two of the most defensive managers in Europe? They're both good managers, but I can't see their football going down so well at Newcastle.

I think it would.

We've grown up a lot since the KK days, we understand its not all about flashy brilliance and scoring as many goals as possible. Some if not most would be happy with well thought out team performances, and coming away with the odd goal and a clean sheet, meaning winning games, i know i would.

The added flair and entertaining football would be the icing, but right now some plain cake would be nice.

Dinho: you want one of two of the most defensive managers in Europe? They're both good managers, but I can't see their football going down so well at Newcastle.

I think it would.

We've grown up a lot since the KK days, we understand its not all about flashy brilliance and scoring as many goals as possible. Some if not most would be happy with well thought out team performances, and coming away with the odd goal and a clean sheet, meaning winning games, i know i would.

The added flair and entertaining football would be the icing, but right now some plain cake would be nice.

I can certainly understand that. On the other hand, would the fans (and the board) be willing to give a decent manager the time he'd need to rebuild the squad (2-3 summers)? Assuming you've just played boring football for a full season (but didn't let many in), what would the manager have to have achieved for his first season to have been a success?

I think it would.

I can certainly understand that. On the other hand, would the fans (and the board) be willing to give a decent manager the time he'd need to rebuild the squad (2-3 summers)? Assuming you've just played boring football for a full season (but didn't let many in), what would the manager have to have achieved for his first season to have been a success?

To show an ability to spot a talent, not just sign big names, to show an understanding of tactics and the sue of a good sub, and to show an ability to improve players through good training and motivational skills.

If a manager could come in and show us that, regardless of the results, i think we'd give them time. If GR was doing that now, but still picking up the results were getting most would be willing to give him next season. But at the moment there is no clue, no understanding of the game, and no leadership throughout the club, and that is what is turning out these shite performances.

When SBR came in, those things i listed above were all showing in the 1st season, along with some good results. The season after he started to build the team, and we were off, back in the good times again, it was plain to see the guy was moving us onward and upward from the off, since then, shit, its not even worth thinking about.

To show an ability to spot a talent, not just sign big names, to show an understanding of tactics and the sue of a good sub, and to show an ability to improve players through good training and motivational skills.

If a manager could come in and show us that, regardless of the results, i think we'd give them time. If GR was doing that now, but still picking up the results were getting most would be willing to give him next season. But at the moment there is no clue, no understanding of the game, and no leadership throughout the club, and that is what is turning out these s**** performances.

When SBR came in, those things i listed above were all showing in the 1st season, along with some good results. The season after he started to build the team, and we were off, back in the good times again, it was plain to see the guy was moving us onward and upward from the off, since then, s***, its not even worth thinking about.

Can't argue with that. All the hallmarks of a great manager.

Has Roeder got anything right? I mean, there's always a lot needs fixing after Souness has managed your club.

If a manager could come in and show us that, regardless of the results, i think we'd give them time. If GR was doing that now, but still picking up the results were getting most would be willing to give him next season. But at the moment there is no clue, no understanding of the game, and no leadership throughout the club, and that is what is turning out these s**** performances.

When SBR came in, those things i listed above were all showing in the 1st season, along with some good results. The season after he started to build the team, and we were off, back in the good times again, it was plain to see the guy was moving us onward and upward from the off, since then, s***, its not even worth thinking about.

Can't argue with that. All the hallmarks of a great manager.

Has Roeder got anything right? I mean, there's always a lot needs fixing after Souness has managed your club.

Its hard to say what he has got right, because of the things he has got wrong. He hasn't done as bad as Souness, but its not good enough.

At the start of the season we had a lot of players getting injured and getting some bad luck, he held it together, rode out the storm, said the right things and got us away from the bottom, but it was more luck than anything else. When that luck ran dry a couple of months ago, he's kept on with the same shite (the 'am not using injuries as an excuse' line basically made his own fans start to take the piss out of him), making stupid tactical decisions, poor squad selections and not turning matches round by using subs, and in the last few weeks he's attacked the players & the fans, and now everyone is against him.

Basically GR couldn't handle the pressure of a big club like this, just as he thought he was out of the woods, he got dragged back in, and is now lost, its only time until Yogy bear (Aka the fat one who eats lots of food) bites his head off and makes another shite appointment.

Basically GR couldn't handle the pressure of a big club like this, just as he thought he was out of the woods, he got dragged back in, and is now lost, its only time until Yogy bear (Aka the fat one who eats lots of food) bites his head off and makes another s**** appointment.

I don't think he has the nouse for the job, either, to be honest. Maybe he did have a plan when he took over, but it doesn't seem to be working and there's apparently no plan B.

I'm afraid you might be right about your next manager being crap, too. I reckon Koeman could do a fantastic job, and Allardyce would be a big step up, too. Your board'll probably hire another eejit, though.

Wacko,

I still wouldn't mind Koeman even if he is a defensive coach. (as long as he brings results, of course)

It seems like Houllier's team are scoring plenty of goals anyway....and I kinda enjoy watching Lyon play. So he's not that boring, imo.

Since he left Liverpool I think he's learned alot in terms of spending money in the transfer market wisley.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Wacko,

I still wouldn't mind Koeman even if he is a defensive coach. (as long as he brings results, of course)

It seems like Houllier's team are scoring plenty of goals anyway....and I kinda enjoy watching Lyon play. So he's not that boring, imo.

Since he left Liverpool I think he's learned alot in terms of spending money in the transfer market wisley.

Koeman was interviewed in the Independent on saturday and it mentions hed like to manage in england ( Toon and Boro were mentioned)

Houllier is quality, too.

IMO he is one of the worst managers out there

I agree about Koeman though

He is quality

Houllier would make a top class DoF imho, if he hasn't got contacts here there and everywhere I would be very surprised.  Incidentally, I was strongly in favour of appointing Roeder to be manager  :D

I'd be happy for him to get the chop now, probably have a punt on whoever is made the caretaker! :lol: :lol:

The fact is Houllier is good manager... although i saw Rafa much better than him

What makes you think he is good manager?

Didn't he bring trophies also for Liverpool when he manage in there? In fact he is quite decent at Lyon also? it might be not as great as Paul Le Guen... but he not much worst than Le Guen...

Houllier is a good manager, and apart from the top 4 manager's in this league, he's better than anyone else currently managing in the Prem (imo). He's got good experience, he has won things, he has coached extensively in Europe, he's highly organised, and so long as he has his assistant Patrice Bergues alongside him - he'd do a good job!

But I hope he does'nt come back to the prem, he'd be hounded out again within a year or two. He finds it hard to switch off and takes the English media's words far too seriously.

The fact is Houllier is good manager... although i saw Rafa much better than him

Didn't he bring trophies also for Liverpool when he manage in there? In fact he is quite decent at Lyon also? it might be not as great as Paul Le Guen... but he not much worst than Le Guen...

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.Apart from that his career at Liverpool was nightmare and im sure that all of Liverpool's supporters were happy when he resigned

About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league and this season when Houllier was in charge they were eliminated too early when alot of people though that they will reach the final

My personal opinion is that Houllier is average manager.Maybe not as bad as Roeder of course but still not good enough

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.Apart from that his career at Liverpool was nightmare and im sure that all of Liverpool's supporters were happy when he resigned

About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league and this season when Houllier was in charge they were eliminated too early when alot of people though that they will reach the final

My personal opinion is that Houllier is average manager.Maybe not as bad as Roeder of course but still not good enough

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

he's a footballing genius

from your explanation about Houlier achievement.... i find it harsh to call him average... beside of that i bet Houllier scouting team much better than what we have now.... but i accept what you saying about houllier is average is just your opinion i guess....