so you never wanted Roeder

Guest Invicta_Toon

The fact is Houllier is good manager... although i saw Rafa much better than him

What makes you think he is good manager?

Didn't he bring trophies also for Liverpool when he manage in there? In fact he is quite decent at Lyon also? it might be not as great as Paul Le Guen... but he not much worst than Le Guen...

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.Apart from that his career at Liverpool was nightmare and im sure that all of Liverpool's supporters were happy when he resigned

About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league and this season when Houllier was in charge they were eliminated too early when alot of people though that they will reach the final

My personal opinion is that Houllier is average manager.Maybe not as bad as Roeder of course but still not good enough

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

he's a footballing genius

Im not football genius

i just know alot more about football then you

Guest Phil K

Cookie Coleman was my choice!

:thup:

Go and stand in that corner and put the dance hat on.

Stupid boy.....

The fact is Houllier is good manager... although i saw Rafa much better than him

Didn't he bring trophies also for Liverpool when he manage in there? In fact he is quite decent at Lyon also? it might be not as great as Paul Le Guen... but he not much worst than Le Guen...

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.Apart from that his career at Liverpool was nightmare and im sure that all of Liverpool's supporters were happy when he resigned

About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league and this season when Houllier was in charge they were eliminated too early when alot of people though that they will reach the final

My personal opinion is that Houllier is average manager.Maybe not as bad as Roeder of course but still not good enough

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

Im not football genius

Are you Fat Fred in disguise  ??? :lol:

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.........About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league.....

My personal opinion is that Houllier is average manager

Interesting basis for that opinion  ;D

Guest Invicta_Toon

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

Im not football genius

you can't even spell better than me man. Your football knowledge and predictions read like those of a 12 year old tbh

what is it now? we need to spend £30m before we get relegated, and now we've announced an unrelated development, we are going to be the new Leeds. But Houllier is too shite for us.

any more gems for today?

Im not sure how long he was manager at Liverpool but as far as i remember he only won the Uefa cup,Fa cup,Carling cup and the Super cup of Europe.........About Lyon...They have played in the  last 2 semifinals in the Champions league.....

Interesting basis for that opinion  ;D

When they reached the 2 semifinals in the Champions league Houllier wasnt their coach

Guest Phil K

Houllier's record at Lyon is superb.

He got FIVE trophies in little more than a season at Liverpool - and thats bad ????

I'd love something as bad as that for Newcastle.

He's light years better than Roeder who is at best an Academy manager, or a lower league boss.

He got FIVE trophies in little more than a season at Liverpool - and thats bad ????

He's light years better than Roeder who is at best an Academy manager, or a lower league boss.

I agree with you that he is better than Roeder but apart from this season with Liverpool that you mentioned he was pretty average with Liverpool

Lyon are immortal in the French league but when you consider the fact that they reached 2 semifinals in the Champions league the last 2 years this season with Houllier is failure

Guest Phil K

I'd be happy to give him a go.

I'd be happy to give the janitor at SJP a go instead of Roeder, tbh at the min.

I'd be happy to give him a go.

I'd be happy to give the janitor at SJP a go instead of Roeder, tbh at the min.

Cheers mate. I'll start preparing my Football Manager CV now. O0

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

Im not football genius

You think Houllier is average?

Ass-hat...

Cobblers. blueyes.gif

it's NUFC06 man

Im not football genius

You think Houllier is average?

Ass-hat...

Which tit said:

Cant be arsed to count the lines, that person isn't worth it tbh.

Martin O'Neill - Managing a massive Premiership club with a huge potential fanbase and  shiny new chairman. 15th, 34 points. Lower than Newcastle. Much lower.

First season for god sake. Only had a very brief summer transfer window and January transfer window thus far. Brought in Young, Carew, Petrov, Maloney, Bardsley, overall a good record. Villa only 3 points lower than Newcastle. How has O'Neill done worse than Roeder !!?

Ottmar Ze German - Obviously not interested. Only tempted back to management by his hometown club

Sam Allardyce - The new alan curbishly, obviously got some serious skeletons to hide in his shiny plastic stadium's closet. Obviously happy to be king of the castle with the chairman as his bitch

Is him having a failed season in Bolton?

Gus Hiddink - As was completely obvious at the time, was holding out for a national job. Now happy to take the piss out of Steve McLaren rather than play around with a Premiership club

Louis Van Gaal - Happy to act the celebrity c*** in a dutch club rather than take on the challenge of the Premiership

Paul Le Guen - Went to an arguably equivalent mid-table Premiership side and tried to change them with his fancy continental ways. Hounded out by pressure from the fans and top players. Ring any bells?

Sacked half a year into a job. One can't really judge him in such a short space.

Claudio Ranieri - Whored himself around the place for 24 months. Finally found employment with Parma, a club sold at auction in Januray and currently second bottom of Serie A. Previously signed Damien Duff and Scott Parker.

Stupid, really stupid. He also signed Frank Lampard, Jesper Grønkjær, William Gallas, Emmanuel Petit, Boudewijn Zenden, Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Hernán Crespo, and Claude Makélélé.

Steve Bruce - Apparently would rather mess around in the championship with Emile Heskey than manage his hometown club infront of 50,000 geordies for Fat Fred

Who wanted him, other than your self imagined straw man (probably Stevie)?

Alan Curbishly - Taking Alan Pardew's team down

Had he stayed in Charlton Charlton would prbably in a position higher than us now. Inherited the mess left by Pardew.

Alan Pardew - Taking Alan Curbishly's team down

Before Pardew it was Iain Dowie.

Sven - pft. The statistically most succesfull England manager has not found, and arguably doesn't even need, gainfull employment

Alan Shearer - Apparently not even a qualified manager yet

Who wanted him?

Apart from Shearer, who has never managed a team, Bruce, who is managing a Championship team, Le Guen who had only half a year in Rangers, and Sven who is currently unemployed, none has done worse than Roeder. Your post is void!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Martin O'Neill - Managing a massive Premiership club with a huge potential fanbase and  shiny new chairman. 15th, 34 points. Lower than Newcastle. Much lower.

First season for god sake. Only had a very brief summer transfer window and January transfer window thus far. Brought in Young, Carew, Petrov, Maloney, Bardsley, overall a good record. Villa only 3 points lower than Newcastle. How has O'Neill done worse than Roeder !!?

Ottmar Ze German - Obviously not interested. Only tempted back to management by his hometown club

Sam Allardyce - The new alan curbishly, obviously got some serious skeletons to hide in his shiny plastic stadium's closet. Obviously happy to be king of the castle with the chairman as his bitch

Is him having a failed season in Bolton?

Gus Hiddink - As was completely obvious at the time, was holding out for a national job. Now happy to take the piss out of Steve McLaren rather than play around with a Premiership club

Louis Van Gaal - Happy to act the celebrity c*** in a dutch club rather than take on the challenge of the Premiership

Paul Le Guen - Went to an arguably equivalent mid-table Premiership side and tried to change them with his fancy continental ways. Hounded out by pressure from the fans and top players. Ring any bells?

Sacked half a year into a job. One can't really judge him in such a short space.

Claudio Ranieri - Whored himself around the place for 24 months. Finally found employment with Parma, a club sold at auction in Januray and currently second bottom of Serie A. Previously signed Damien Duff and Scott Parker.

Stupid, really stupid. He also signed Frank Lampard, Jesper Grønkjær, William Gallas, Emmanuel Petit, Boudewijn Zenden, Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Hernán Crespo, and Claude Makélélé.

Steve Bruce - Apparently would rather mess around in the championship with Emile Heskey than manage his hometown club infront of 50,000 geordies for Fat Fred

Who wanted him, other than your self imagined straw man (probably Stevie)?

Alan Curbishly - Taking Alan Pardew's team down

Had he stayed in Charlton Charlton would prbably in a position higher than us now. Inherited the mess left by Pardew.

Alan Pardew - Taking Alan Curbishly's team down

Before Pardew it was Iain Dowie.

Sven - pft. The statistically most succesfull England manager has not found, and arguably doesn't even need, gainfull employment

Alan Shearer - Apparently not even a qualified manager yet

Who wanted him?

Apart from Shearer, who has never managed a team, Bruce, who is managing a Championship team, Le Guen who had only half a year in Rangers, and Sven who is currently unemployed, none has done worse than Roeder. Your post is void!

your comment is void, as the point wasn't just to illustrate the ones that have done worse

must you be led by the hand through every post you manc lover?

Can't speak for other posters but I wanted

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Might be sacked by Rangers. 3 consecutive years Ligue 1 winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner :D Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

Some info is outdated and I have slightly modified opinions now but by and large I would love to have anyone of the excellent and decent candidates over Glenn Roeder.

Wouldn't mind any of Roy Keane either.

your comment is void, as the point wasn't just to illustrate the ones that have done worse

must you be led by the hand through every post you manc lover?

I am a smog unfortunately.

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bili? - Wikipedia profile

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

Some info is outdated and I have slightly modified opinions now but by and large I would love to have anyone of the excellent and decent candidates over Glenn Roeder.

I like your list of excellent candidates, I'd add Hiddink and Koeman to that. I wouldn't have Sacchi on it and I'd also add Magath who is a free agent. blueyes.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

Excellent Candidates

Decent Candidates

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

'love to have' is pretty fucking pointless when none would ever come or get given more than a year by the fans isn't it?

I agree with you that he is better than Roeder but apart from this season with Liverpool that you mentioned he was pretty average with Liverpool

Lyon are immortal in the French league but when you consider the fact that they reached 2 semifinals in the Champions league the last 2 years this season with Houllier is failure

Pretty average at Liverpool?

He was better for them than Sir Bobby was for us.

I like your list of excellent candidates, I'd add Hiddink and Koeman to that. I wouldn't have Sacchi on it and I'd also add Magath who is a free agent. blueyes.gif

At the time of writing (before Le Guen was sacked) didn't think Hiddink, Koeman and Magath would become available. Magath would be ideal now since he is free and he apparently wants to try his luck here. I am and was sceptic over Koeman but he is doing well, definitely a better manager than Roeder.

'love to have' is pretty f****** pointless when none would ever come or get given more than a year by the fans isn't it?

Ok, it is pointless to contemplate anything seemingly unrealistic? What is the point of a forum, hah? Anyone other than Roeder and Shepherd could realistically influence the running of the club, so so these two should ever opine on NUFC, you mean? Fans should just pay the tickets and shut up?

Are you alright Vic?