so you never wanted Roeder

Guest Invicta_Toon

Houllier isn't average, he's awful..

:lol: Ok

well.. he isn't awful, but he's had his falls.. he was terrible when he managed the national team and i don't think anybody at Livepool was sad to see him go.. he's doing ok at Lyon but when he arrived there they were already one of the world's best teams.. he still managed to win the title though and is widely respected across the world, so maybe he's a good character..

'love to have' is pretty f****** pointless when none would ever come or get given more than a year by the fans isn't it?

Ok, it is pointless to contemplate anything seemingly unrealistic? What is the point of a forum, hah? Anyone other than Roeder and Shepherd could realistically influence the running of the club, so so these two should ever opine on NUFC, you mean? Fans should just pay the tickets and shut up?

Are you alright Vic?

He dont rate Wenger and thinks newcastle must sign 33years old defenders :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Thats enough to make your conclusion if he is alright or not

Can't speak for other posters but I wanted

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Free agent. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Paul Le Guen - Might be sacked by Rangers. 3 consecutive years Ligue 1 winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Rafael Benitez - Might be sacked by Liverpool ;) La Liga, Champions League winner.

Claudio Ranieri - Free agent. Success with all the clubs he is involved except Athletico Madrid.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner :D Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Christoph Daum - Turkish League winner. Built an offensive n impressive Bayern Leverkusen that include Lúcio, Emerson, Ze Roberto and Michael Ballack. Nearly become Germany national coach, but he failed his drug test ;) Free agent.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Alan Curbishley - Establish minnow Charlton as Premiership regular. Desperate of managing another premiership club.

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Iain Dowie

Lee Clark

Some info is outdated and I have slightly modified opinions now but by and large I would love to have anyone of the excellent and decent candidates over Glenn Roeder.

Wouldn't mind any of Roy Keane either.

'love to have' is pretty fucking pointless when none would ever come or get given more than a year by the fans isn't it?

a good manager would get more than a year. Which we could prove, if we had one.

well.. he isn't awful, but he's had his falls.. he was terrible when he managed the national team and i don't think anybody at Livepool was sad to see him go.. he's doing ok at Lyon but when he arrived there they were already one of the world's best teams.. he still managed to win the title though and is widely respected across the world, so maybe he's a good character..

If i go and manage Lyon i'll win the french tittle too

Lyon's elimination from the Champions league was his first failure there

I bet next season will be worse.Maybe not in the French league where Lyon dont have any real competition but in Europe for sure

He managed the National team when we were in the second division, I think it's unfair to hold that over him now like. :lol:

I bet next season will be worse.Maybe not in the French league where Lyon dont have any real competition but in Europe for sure

:lol:... Ok ok son... ill let you go to manage Lyon... take your milk, cheese, bread & some strawberry jam also as your lunch :lol:

so we can dismiss Jose Maurenho's work at Chelsea the last 2 seasons then, cos lets be honest, any of us could have won the league with £200+ mill to spend in 2 years right on top of an already very strong squad.

Really laughable people claming Houllier is a shit manager. And even more laughable whoever it was dragging up what he did with the French national team goodness knows how many years ago. Rafa Benitez got sacked from his first 2 coaching jobs a few years back, I guess that means you'd not want him either.

Allardyce for me.

I wanted him when Bobby Robson went.

I like Pardew though, I think he could do better things.

Pardew is a strange one, last season West Ham were excellent and he had them playing really good football too, none of this long ball rubbish you see promoted teams playing but a good, pass and move game. This season he just couldn't get them going, he also left out Carlos Tevez for Bobby Zamora which is shocking when you think about it, he does seem to have Charlton on the right track now though.

Houllier would be my choice, Sven would be a good alternative as he's always impressed at club level, if we had to go down the British route I'd say Allardyce or Hughes, maybe even Coleman.

just goes to show how we all have different ideas and perceptions, even Fat Fred, doesn't it ?

And the fact that someone is paid to make these decisions is neither here nor there when it comes to football, because they don't get onto football club boards of directors because they KNOW about football, they do it because they have the interest and the money to do it. And - even IF they have "knowledge", they might have different views, just like the 2 of us have just proved. Not that it is going to improve the ratio of "successful" clubs mind.

I wouldn't give the job to Sven or Houillier, despite their track records, but if Fat Fred did, I could be proved spectacularly wrong or stunningly correct.

As for Pardew, I said when he went to Charlton that there was a good chance he would save them and bite West Ham's arse, he's better than Curbishley by miles.

Why are we even wasting our time talking about a club like Villa anyway?

Aren't you the one with 10,000 plus posts on gg-chat.net?

Just type in "DOF" tbh

You've said it twice and still nobody laughed, best to give up now.

mackems.gif

Dinho: you want one of two of the most defensive managers in Europe? They're both good managers, but I can't see their football going down so well at Newcastle.

I think it would.

We've grown up a lot since the KK days, we understand its not all about flashy brilliance and scoring as many goals as possible. Some if not most would be happy with well thought out team performances, and coming away with the odd goal and a clean sheet, meaning winning games, i know i would.

The added flair and entertaining football would be the icing, but right now some plain cake would be nice.

I hate to say this, but true pre-KK supporters already knew that. Lumping long balls forward with clueless centre forwards chasing it was pretty much the order of the day for quite a long time, apart from the odd blip when we weren't fighting relegation. But I'm sure you know this  :lol: - especially playing in europe which was a pretty reasonable "icing on the cake".

so we can dismiss Jose Maurenho's work at Chelsea the last 2 seasons then, cos lets be honest, any of us could have won the league with £200+ mill to spend in 2 years right on top of an already very strong squad.

Really laughable people claming Houllier is a s*** manager. And even more laughable whoever it was dragging up what he did with the French national team goodness knows how many years ago. Rafa Benitez got sacked from his first 2 coaching jobs a few years back, I guess that means you'd not want him either.

Anyone who is comparing the Premiership with the French league is out of his mind

Lyon have won the tittle there for the last 5 season and they just dont have any real competition there

As for Houllier i never said he is shit i only said that he is average.My opinion is based on the fact that after his heart attack he is not the same manager and all the Liverpool fans will tell you that.

In his first season ahead of Lyon he is going to win the French league but he failed in the Champions league and recently he lost the French cup final to Bordo.His second failure there...Im expecting more of the same next year

Dinho: you want one of two of the most defensive managers in Europe? They're both good managers, but I can't see their football going down so well at Newcastle.

I think it would.

We've grown up a lot since the KK days, we understand its not all about flashy brilliance and scoring as many goals as possible. Some if not most would be happy with well thought out team performances, and coming away with the odd goal and a clean sheet, meaning winning games, i know i would.

The added flair and entertaining football would be the icing, but right now some plain cake would be nice.

I hate to say this, but true pre-KK supporters already knew that. Lumping long balls forward with clueless centre forwards chasing it was pretty much the order of the day for quite a long time, apart from the odd blip when we weren't fighting relegation. But I'm sure you know this  :lol: - especially playing in europe which was a pretty reasonable "icing on the cake".

Here comes Lisa with her bile.

Anyone who is comparing the Premiership with the French league is out of his mind

Lyon have won the tittle there for the last 5 season and they just dont have any real competition there

As for Houllier i never said he is s*** i only said that he is average.My opinion is based on the fact that after his heart attack he is not the same manager and all the Liverpool fans will tell you that.

In his first season ahead of Lyon he is going to win the French league but he failed in the Champions league and recently he lost the French cup final to Bordo.His second failure there...Im expecting more of the same next year

who's comparing the two leagues? Not me.  But at the end of the day, it's a cop out to dismiss success in one league, whichever league it is, to suit an argument. Most leagues only have 3 or 4 really really strong teams, so chances are if you have the rescources you are going to be the favourite, but it doesn't mean you'll win. Ranieri took over a fantastic team in Valencia, and made an absolute mess of them. Souness took over a decent team at Newcastle, and made an absolute mess of them. You still have to go there and do the job regardless of whats around you. And Houllier did that. And you can say that Maurenho has failed at Chelsea as well then going by your rules, failing to win the league this year, and failing to improve on Ranieri's record in the Champions league the last two years, despite all the money.  No one will win everything.

And you are right, he isn't the same manager, he became a terribly paranoid man after, and that was his greatest failing in the end here.

But he is a still a good manager, better than anyone in this league bar the top 4 managers. It's as simple as that. NO ONE, be it O'Neill, Jol, Coleman, Allardyce whoever is as good a manager as him.  But for Houllier's sake, I hope he stays well away from the premiership again.

I think it would.

Valid comment. YOU may have "grown up", but some of us already had done so, which flies in the face of your claim that you yourself are a "pre-1992" fan.

I've no wish really to harp on about it, and wouldn't need to if people like you told the truth or found a proper perspective.

Never mind, I found the comment fantastically amusing and ironic, which is why I replied.

I think it would.

Valid comment. YOU may have "grown up", but some of us already had done so, which flies in the face of your claim that you yourself are a "pre-1992" fan.

I've no wish really to harp on about it, and wouldn't need to if people like you told the truth or found a proper perspective.

Never mind, I found the comment fantastically amusing and ironic, which is why I replied.

Edit: Cant find a logical reason to respond to you anymore.

I think it would.

I was 11 in 1992 you idiot.  :rolleyes:

a smoky pub for the afternoon, then on to a place full of drunks, yobs and arses to watch a shite team being beat and then watch everyone get into fights.

plastic fan tbh

Steve Bruce - Apparently would rather mess around in the championship with Emile Heskey than manage his hometown club infront of 50,000 geordies for Fat Fred

Who wanted him, other than your self imagined straw man (probably Stevie)?

Just what are you on about you smoggie fool?  I'd rather have a Teesside born and bred flange like yourself than that two faced Walker dickhead. 

As for a ready made manager, I'm disappointed we didn't go for Hitzfeld when he didn't have a job, he's revived Bayern since he came in, but hey fatty knows best. Realistically though if we had the money to buy out his contract I wouldn't mind Luis Fernandez. Betis were heading down before he came, but he's done a magnificent job, he organises his sides so well, he has proven he can grind out results throughout his career, as well as playing expansive flowing football, and has a proven track record of doing great things with little money.

His first stint at PSG he built one of the greatest sides not to win the Champions League, you think that's over the top, you could argue it is, but they beat the best in Parc des Princes, with the likes of Rai, Valdo, Ginola, Weah and Paul Le Guen. Aside from that he is the only manager to get Atheltic Bilbao in the Champions League, some achievement that considering he could only sign Basque players. He himself is Basque, I think his passionate character by nature could do wonders here, he has the CV, not many people mention him but I'd love him here.