Relegation? We could already be down!

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Not really much more to say!  I just cannot see us staying up.  Of the teams below us, I haven't checked who is playing who, but if they all pick up points and we lose at Sheffield, we could drop to somewhere in the region of only 4 points above a relegation spot.  With Chelsea and Arsenal etc, to come we will be well and truly in the mire.  Dr Gloom where are you?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Two of the stpidest fans on the planet

Not really much more to say!  I just cannot see us staying up.  Of the teams below us, I haven't checked who is playing who, but if they all pick up points and we lose at Sheffield, we could drop to somewhere in the region of only 4 points above a relegation spot.  With Chelsea and Arsenal etc, to come we will be well and truly in the mire.  Dr Gloom where are you?

why the fuck do you think they are down there genius?

Two of the stpidest fans on the planet

why the fuck do you think they are down there genius?

:lol:

There is more chance of us qualifying for Europe than going down, honestly.

I used the predictor to put in what I think are the most likely results for every game left.  I gave Newcastle far worse results than I expect though - draws (Watford away, Blackburn at home), the rest defeats.

GD    PTS

12.  City              -18    42

13.  Sheff Utd      -23    41

14.  Villa              -9    40

15.  Toon            -11    39

16.  Wigan          -21  38

17.  Fulham        -20    37

18.  Charlton      -27    37

19.  West Ham    -37    27

20.  Watford        -35    22

Even if we don't get those two points, we'll probably stay up on goal difference anyway.  And can anyone honestly see us losing every single game we have left?

Incidentally, I put in some results for us that I think we can achieve if we get our act together.  That puts us in 8th place for a probable intertoto spot on 52 points.

On the other hand if we win on Saturday and West Ham or Charlton don't, we'll be safe.

These two games over the weekend are big games, we will have a much clearer picture of who is probably going down in a few days time.

The form right now is s****, so until we're mathematically safe it remains a possibility no matter how unlikely. There are a lot of teams that would have to win matches to drag us down that number of places.

For my money we've been showing relegation form performance wise for ages now, however, we had that run around November and December time when we won some matches that we didn't really deserve to win, results that had we been supporting the opposition we'd have felt hard done by so for me it's a genuine belief that we fluked a lot of the points we currently have on the board, the performances have never really been convincing for ages now. What's changed recently is that as well as s**** performances we're now getting the results we deserve and it can't be ignored. 

It's all well and good thinking we won't lose the rest of our games, but losing the next 2 puts us well in the mix and then the nerves will kick in, the confidence will drop even more and the performances will become even worse. It's not impossible. In my opinion I don't think we'll finish any higher than we are right now and it's more likely we'll drop a few places than go up a few.

Frankly, I'll settle for 2 draws in the next 2 games and that will be enough to see us safe I reckon.

cant believe were talking about relegation, no way i would have thought this possible after all that souness crap. im so f-ing pissed off. looking at our fixture's coming up i'm really starting to worry.

The form right now is s****, so until we're mathematically safe it remains a possibility no matter how unlikely. There are a lot of teams that would have to win matches to drag us down that number of places.

For my money we've been showing relegation form performance wise for ages now, however, we had that run around November and December time when we won some matches that we didn't really deserve to win, results that had we been supporting the opposition we'd have felt hard done by so for me it's a genuine belief that we fluked a lot of the points we currently have on the board, the performances have never really been convincing for ages now. What's changed recently is that as well as s**** performances we're now getting the results we deserve and it can't be ignored. 

It's all well and good thinking we won't lose the rest of our games, but losing the next 2 puts us well in the mix and then the nerves will kick in, the confidence will drop even more and the performances will become even worse. It's not impossible. In my opinion I don't think we'll finish any higher than we are right now and it's more likely we'll drop a few places than go up a few.

Frankly, I'll settle for 2 draws in the next 2 games and that will be enough to see us safe I reckon.

Can't argue with one word there - a very well reasoned post :thup:

It will take a huge effort to get anything from Sheffield United, no one expects anything from Arsenal and then we travel to Pompey on 14 April... Our form says we haven't scored a league goal since 10 Feb, by the Pompey match it's very possible we won't have scored in the league for more than two months! Anyone can say relegation is an impossibility is living in fantasy land!

i don't think we'll get relegated, but we're close and thats been the case for the whole season..

things are getting worse, not only on the pitch, but at the club in general.. if Roeder doesn't get his shit together next year relegation will be even closer.

Guest eltsacwen

I can't see us go down even if we lose all of our remaining games. And I can't see us losing all of our remaining games either. 37 points sould be enough to stay up.

Guest Albert Ayler

I can't see us go down even if we lose all of our remaining games.

How does that work then?

Call me crazy, but I think our best chance of a win for the rest of the season is the Arsenal match.  Weve managed to raise our game and battle against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U while looking disinterested against shite teams fighting for their lives.

Agreed, how depressing.  Is it fair enough to say Roeder wasn't a good appointment yet?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Sheff Utd, Arsenal, Pompey, Chelsea and Reading all to come in the next five games, the chances are high that we will lose them all leaving us a maximum 15 points behind anyone in the bottom 3 -4 who wishes to go on a canny run, time to worry lads and lasses!

Guest andynufc84

Call me crazy, but I think our best chance of a win for the rest of the season is the Arsenal match.  Weve managed to raise our game and battle against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U while looking disinterested against s**** teams fighting for their lives.

Agreed, how depressing.  Is it fair enough to say Roeder wasn't a good appointment yet?

Agree with this, we'll probably get something out of the Arsenal game, got a feeling we might get something tomorrow as well.