Of the managers we could probably attract.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gemmill

As you wish Vic.

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Might leave Bayern Munchen after this season.. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Roy Keane - Mackem Manc. To wind up and offend the whole Geordie nation (and Mr Shearer) he might seriously consider taking the job here if Shepherd approaches him.

Juande Ramos - Current Sevilla manager. Won UEFA cup with overwhelming convincing and attacking football.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Paul Simpson - Overachieving with Preston. Young bright manager. Might want a bigger club.

Tony Mowbray - Decent track record with beautiful Arsenal style football. Might fancy a significantly bigger budget so that next time he won't miss out on players like Rowan Vine, Alan Barnett, Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner Big Grin Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget. Oh he has been sacked.

Slaven Bili? - Wikipedia profile

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Lee Clark

Don't think any of those would come. However I've added Curbs to the list. I don't like the look of ANY of your decent candidates.

Aye, in fact I would take most of his rubbish candidates list ahead of his decent one.

I haven't voted but my view is Roeder wasn't the right man for the job but, having been given the job, it's not fair on him not to give him another year.

I haven't voted but my view is Roeder wasn't the right man for the job but, having been given the job, it's not fair on him not to give him another year.

There's no shame in that Alex. :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Fighting spirit?  He'd have to be a brain donor to want to come here Parky.  Having the eye of the tiger isn't gonna be enough.

Guest Phil K

COLEMAN ???????????????

COLEMAN FFS ?????????????????????????

The tw*t is effing USELESS.

I'd prefer to keep Roeder.

And I DON'T want Roeder one bit.

It wasn't fair on US to give him job in the first place.

Let him continue and it would be yet another year wasted at best and relegation at worst (a definite possibility)

Mourinho drops bigger hints of summer exit..

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2056104,00.html

Instability at Chelsea could force me to leave, says Mourinho

Sid Lowe in Madrid

Friday April 13, 2007

The Guardian

Jose Mourinho appears to have launched a charm offensive with the Spanish press after granting a four-page interview with the Madrid-based sports daily Marca, which he used to bemoan Chelsea's predicament as a club "not at peace".

It is known that Mourinho is highly regarded at Real Madrid and the interview's timing is interesting given the uncertainty over his position at Chelsea. He reiterated the remarks he made to Spanish reporters earlier in the week in which he stated he would like to coach a club in Europe if he cannot remain at Stamford Bridge beyond this season.

Although many on here think it would be fruitless chasing him, I'd pay this man (Mourinho) SGE style England wages to take us over. blueyes.gif

My next season manager odds:

SGE 3/1

Rodent 6/1

Sam 6/1

Pardew 9/1

Shearer 12/1

Hiddink 25/1

Mourinho 33/1

Guest DarkSchneider

A possibility would maybe also be Fabio Capello as he won't stay in Real. Lippi said that he wouldn't go abroad because of the language issue...

I don' think Roeder will be sacked...

Guest Gemmill

A possibility would maybe also be Fabio Capello

You must exist in a parallel universe where we aren't completely shit or something? :razz:

Guest DarkSchneider

Maybe... But allmost all of Europeans bigger clubs have managers that I don't think will get replaced... He managed in Italy and Spain and would probably be interested in testing himself in England.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Didn't we JUST have another ITK thread that Jose wanted to manage a Premiership club if he left Chelsea

oh and 'as if we didn't already know Jose is a cunt, part XXVII'

Guest assyriantoon

Hiddink has a job with Russia. Can't think that FS would apoint him in a dual role. From the available managers in world football only SGE, Trond Sollied and Christophe Daum (that I can think of) would be a marked improvement on Roeder. I doubt FS even knows who Sollied and Daum are. I think for now we might as well stay with Roeder. I don't trust FS to get anyone better and what is the point of sacking a manager only to go sideways?. Lack of stabilty and would most probably end up being a short-term move.

Provided Fergie doesn't go, what about Mark Hughes? Has done well at Rovers and may not wish to leave, but might relish bigger crowds, budget etc. They play quite nice football at Ewood at the moment.