Glenn Roeder

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest eyeball_tickler

this is getting boring now. its blatantly obvious almost everyone on here wants him out, so why keep making threads about it?

its very unlikely he's going any time soon and we have no say at all so just live with it.

because we're angry

then why not keep at all in one thread?

its pointless to have every thread descend into some form of "roeder out" petition.

Last season when FFS was looking for a new manager the only name that we seemed to be linked with was O'Neill. If this was the only target proactively sought by Shepherd, who is to know which top manager wouldn't be interested. In terms of resources, potential and fan base etc we have to be the best bet outside of the top 4 for any manager harbouring ambitions of suceeding in the premiership. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that FFS is sounding out the ideas of SBR given he spends so much time sat next to Shepherd at home matches. I also remember that Mancini was quoted in the press last year saying he would be interested, so top managers would likely be interested, it would just remain to be seen whether FFS would give them the time of day.

this is getting boring now. its blatantly obvious almost everyone on here wants him out, so why keep making threads about it?

its very unlikely he's going any time soon and we have no say at all so just live with it.

If we lose against Chelsea and Reading i wouldnt be too sure about this especially when the relegation zone will be extremely close to us

When FFS gets the Season Ticket renewal stats thats likely to be the straw that breaks the camels back, then he might see even the fans want change. The c*** would probably just sack him and bleat on about "top" managers in an attempt to entice everyone back, and like lambs to the slaughter they will come

The only way we should even consider replacing Roeder is if we can get Capello, Mourinho or someone of the calibre.

Fact is Roeder is a victim of the Newcastle's fans insane demands. I've said it before that after the Souness debacle it would take a year or two to rebuild the playing squad and to my mind Roeder has succeeded in doing that. He has the forwards pretty much sorted and that leaves some tinkering with the midfield and reshaping of the defence left for this summer.

Will be a massive step back if we fire Roeder and hire another average manager, atleast Roeder has the right idea of what we should be doing.

The only way we should even consider replacing Roeder is if we can get Capello, Mourinho or someone of the calibre.

Fact is Roeder is a victim of the Newcastle's fans insane demands. I've said it before that after the Souness debacle it would take a year or two to rebuild the playing squad and to my mind Roeder has succeeded in doing that. He has the forwards pretty much sorted and that leaves some tinkering with the midfield and reshaping of the defence left for this summer.

Will be a massive step back if we fire Roeder and hire another average manager, atleast Roeder has the right idea of what we should be doing.

I laughed.

He's rebuilt the playing squad? What, by signing one striker?

Job's a good 'un!

Which is???

His ideas of how we should play football are just shocking...

Look at the way we play!@!@!@!@!

Jesus

If we lose against Chelsea and Reading i wouldnt be too sure about this especially when the relegation zone will be extremely close to us

The relegation zone will be nowhere near us. The absolute closest the relegation zone can get to us if all results go against us is 4 pionts with 2 games left and in all likelihood it will be a lot more than that.

The relegation zone will be nowhere near us. The absolute closest the relegation zone can get to us if all results go against us is 4 pionts with 2 games left and in all likelihood it will be a lot more than that.

Does the fact that we're even talking about it not say anything to you?

Didn`t it take an organised protest to get FS to realise Souness was s**** ? With the amount of apathy instilled around the place nowadays there won`t be one and the idiot will stay.

it took a few years of very poor football and then a 3-0 kicking at man city for souness to go. "protesting" after the match is pointless if the people who are "protesting" have just been to the match.

Souness didn't go because we lost against Man City - Fact.  He went because two of our players collided.

Really,Really,REALLY?!

So you mean if we sack Roeder and bring in someone like Kevin Keegan,Bobby Robson,Chris Coleman,ANYONE HALF DECENT,it will be a step back?,and we will be even worst then we are now?

So in other words,you just said that Roeder have done a good job in avoiding relegation,while his actually job was the get us to Europe?,what next,he will do a good job keeping us as a mid table side?,it will take 10 to 15 years for us to go anywhere with him,that is of course if he dosn't actually do it and gets us relegated next season

See mate,the reason Newcastle Fans have an insane demand is because there is no reason to not reach europe,or recored decent results,he got some fine players with him,he got a huge stadium wich is almost full every game week,he had AT LEAST 15 million to spend this season,Other managers,decent managers can reach the champions league having half of that,just look at Bolton,Everton,Reading,and others..

We don't need Mourinho to have a good side,we just need a decent fucking manager,wich is something we didnt have with Souness,nor we have now with Roeder

Which is???

Jesus

I've no problem with the way we play football. In fact I would say the 4-2 against AZ was one of the best footballing dusplays I have seen by us in years. The problem is not the we play but the players, our creative midfielder Emre does nothing, the left back is still problematic and we have no stength in depth.

If we had shown signs of progressing as a team, I would have happily accepted 10th place or wherever we're gonna end up at the end of this year. However, the fact of the matter is that Roeder's just stupid. He's out of his depth and has been shown to be on several occasions (hence the daft team selections and daft-er substitutions/changes). We've only performed well when we have our 'backs against the wall' and when Roeder has no alternative (ie. play the kids). He has no motivational abilities of any sort, which is aptly demonstrated by the fact that whenever we have a full team on, the players seem to think showing up is enough (today is a good example). We only play well when we're under immense pressure and that simply won't do.

However, sacking him would just render the past couple of years a total waste which is why he should go back to his old job because he has shown a knack for developing young talent. Then at least there'll be a 'set-up' at the club that might be attractive for any manager - Fred can say 'look, we have a good academy, a decent academy coach, and setting up a scouting network' etc. Better than 'you have to start over and control everything here, have fun!' Minimal progress though it might be, progress it still is.

I'm not talking about relegation, I'm disproving his relegation theories. I am in no doubt we will be well clear of any relegation scrap.

Guest Thandi_45

Roeder is worse than souness. At least souness has some fire about him. I can imagine the music in the dressing room, when he was in charge, was something like Mozart "O Fortuna". Under Roeder I can imagine it being Elton John "Don't let the sun go down on me". Fucking boring bastard. Just looking at him makes me depressed.

Really,Really,REALLY?!

So you mean if we sack Roeder and bring in someone like Kevin Keegan,Bobby Robson,Chris Coleman,ANYONE HALF DECENT,it will be a step back?,and we will be even worst then we are now?

So in other words,you just said that Roeder have done a good job in avoiding relegation,while his actually job was the get us to Europe?,what next,he will do a good job keeping us as a mid table side?,it will take 10 to 15 years for us to go anywhere with him,that is of course if he dosn't actually do it and gets us relegated next season

See mate,the reason Newcastle Fans have an insane demand is because there is no reason to not reach europe,or recored decent results,he got some fine players with him,he got a huge stadium wich is almost full every game week,he had AT LEAST 15 million to spend this season,Other managers,decent managers can reach the champions league having half of that,just look at Bolton,Everton,Reading,and others..

We don't need Mourinho to have a good side,we just need a decent f****** manager,wich is something we didnt have with Souness,nor we have now with Roeder

Considering we have had the worst injury crisis in Premiership history I'd say Roeder has done very well to get us even competing. Add Owen to the season we have had and I think we'd easily be Top 6.

Guest JamesD

the majority of forum users wet their pants over every single game. talking about a subject on here means very little.

I find it hard to understand that somebody can call themselves a Newcastle supporter and yet be able to defend Roeder, especially to want to keep him because of 1 good game.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Micktoon

Really,Really,REALLY?!

We don't need Mourinho to have a good side,we just need a decent f****** manager,wich is something we didnt have with Souness,nor we have now with Roeder

Considering we have had the worst injury crisis in Premiership history I'd say Roeder has done very well to get us even competing. Add Owen to the season we have had and I think we'd easily be Top 6.

You've got to be on a wind up, a blind man can fucking see Roeder is a clueless fuckwit.

Really,Really,REALLY?!

:lol: Have you been drinking?

Worst injury crisis in Premiership history my arse! Boro once forfeited a game because they didn't have enough players. That's a crisis, not having to use a couple of Academy lads - the same Boro played a nearly all Academy team last year and put up a better fight than we did today with a strong side.

You've been listening to Roeder's boring shite too much, Souness all over again.

Which is???

Jesus

I've no problem with the way we play football. In fact I would say the 4-2 against AZ was one of the best footballing dusplays I have seen by us in years. The problem is not the we play but the players, our creative midfielder Emre does nothing, the left back is still problematic and we have no stength in depth.

Are you on glue or what???

Yes we played our best game against AZ

But what about the other 51 games of this season???

In all of them we didnt show anything of great passing entertaining football which we all want to see.We want to see our club play the way we played under Keegan and SBR

If you dont have a problem with the way we play football then you need medical threatment ASAP

I find it hard to understand that somebody can call themselves a Newcastle supporter and yet be able to defend Roeder, especially to want to keep him because of 1 good game.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

tbh outside this fourm i havn't heard anything about fans wanting Roeder out,no protests,no articles,nothing,maybe its beacuse i don't live in Newcastle,but people who do live should do something otherwise he will remain a pain in our ass's for the whole of next season..

Seemed to do a half-way-decent job at the academy, so send him back there with his tail between his legs.

That's just a myth, as far as I'm aware he was only at the academy for 6 months, hardly enough time to do anything good or bad.  It's like the myth that he was an England coach when he said himself in an interview that he was an England scout.  :D