Chronicle editor answers criticism in regards to recent NUFC coverage

Syrette

Chronicle set up their own message board, much like this one/Toontastic and had a load of moderators. However, the place was full of anti-Chronicle/icnewcastle/Alan Oliver posts, a lot of which were pretty OTT and insulting, and it's been banning/deleting the offenders - before simply removing the whole forum altogether.

There was a big defence from the Chronicle's Sports Editor and everything, appealing for people to lay-off his journalists (it's in the opening post.)

It has returned! They've probably took it offline to purge naughty members and delete multiple posts, while adding numerous "new member" checks. I'm glad it's still there, though, because it's bloody funny.

Guest Invicta_Toon

We've tried to launch a forum where hopefully most of the people who join will be able to post and debate without resorting to publishing obscene, offensive, defamatory and libelous comments .

Some of our users believe it's okay to post such comments and therefore their remarks have been moderated.

Users who continue to post outside our Terms and Conditions will be banned

This may sound a bit harsh but we have a responsibility to operate within certain guidelines.

Hence the reason why certain posts and threads have been deleted.

cheers

Graham, icNewcastle

We should all invade :lol:

I agree. Ages since we had a worthwhile board invasion, it doesn't even have to be a football board. I keep meaning to find a good board to do it in, but I'm too lazy.

I agree. Ages since we had a worthwhile board invasion, it doesn't even have to be a football board. I keep meaning to find a good board to do it in, but I'm too lazy.

Oh I dunno...I can think of one particular board. Random, but it could be fun like...

We should invade but try to get points across rather than taking it down, if that doesn't work then?

Guest Invicta_Toon

NE5 needs to be given the link

He would have a field day trying to convince that lot the world isn't ending

We should invade but try to get points across rather than taking it down, if that doesn't work then?

What's your username over there?

Who brought NE5 there :weep:

How does he do that?

EVERY single NUFC forum brought to it's proverbial knees by Shepherd's number one fanboy himself.

He never gets bored of defending Shepherd, wonder if another forum means a bonus?

Who brought NE5 there :weep:

How does he do that?

EVERY single NUFC forum brought to it's proverbial knees by Shepherd's number one fanboy himself.

He never gets bored of defending Shepherd, wonder if another forum means a bonus?

Fair play to the lad. Multiple forums and an in depth knowledge of the copy and paste shortcuts could well be enough for a Number 1 St. James' Park suite all to himself. ;)