Andrew Carroll

Guest haseeb

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=463485&CPID=219&clid=4&lid=2&title=England+&+Scots+chase+Carroll

England & Scots chase Carroll

Newcastle United youngster Andy Carroll is being chased by England and Scotland.

Carroll's hat-trick in the reserves against Middlesbrough has alerted youth bosses from both countries, with the 18-year-old eligible to play for either.

Archie Knox has included Carroll in Scotland's Under 19 squad for their game against Austria, while Steve McClaren had a close eye on him in training last week.

Newcastle reserve-team coach Lee Clark is preparing for a tug of war between the two countries to secure Carroll's services.

"Archie Knox (Scotland Under 21 manager) told Glenn Roeder that he intended to put Andy in his Scotland Under 19 squad for the end-of-season games after seeing him score three goals for our reserves at Middlesbrough last week," Clark told The Evening Chronicle.

"Andy's hat-trick that night also alerted Steve McClaren, and when he was at our training ground on Friday, Carroll was one of the topics he was interested in.

"Since then the Football Association have been in touch with Nigel Pearson who, of course, is with the England Under 21 team and we are expecting developments soon.

"From my point of view, I have seen what progress he has made under Glenn Roeder in the past six months and we all feel that the boy is going in the right direction and we are delighted."

McClaren was pleased with what he saw from Carroll and is keen to see the young striker playing for England.

He said: "I have already spoken to our England Under 21 people about Andy Carroll.

"Obviously he is still young and has a lot of developing to do, but I like his attitude and character."

If this boy continues to develop like this i wouldnt be surprised if he becomes important part of our team

Fingers crossed

I thought he was from Newcastle? On what basis is he Scottish? Or is it just that if you're born close to Scotland you qualify? :lol:

Interesting really

Im sure he is born in Newcastle but dont know whats his connection with Scotland

From a club point of view I would rather Carroll playing for Scotland. I honestly don't think he is future England regular material so if he plays for Scotland he would have significant;y bigger chance to be a  regular international.

From a club point of view I would rather Carroll playing for Scotland. I honestly don't think he is future England regular material so if he plays for Scotland he would have significant;y bigger chance to be a  regular international.

ala Don Hutchison

Guest smoggeordie

Judged on a couple of subs performances?

I'd rather he plays/trains with England.

a) Better calibre of players alongside him, improving his game.

b) Less chance of a game therefore less chance of injury

c) We're English

Judged on a couple of subs performances?

I'd rather he plays/trains with England.

a) Better calibre of players alongside him, improving his game.

b) Less chance of a game therefore less chance of injury

c) We're English

tbf this is Delima who attends ever youth/reserve training session and all the games for every club in Europe and even South America when he has the time.

One thing about this. Roeders got a good record with youth players, especially at West Ham, so lets hope in a few years time we're looking at a first team line up with Taylor, Huntington, Edgar, Carroll, Lua Lua, NZogbia etc. in it. Cheap as chips and just what any club needs.

One thing about this. Roeders got a good record with youth players, especially at West Ham, so lets hope in a few years time we're looking at a first team line up with Taylor, Huntington, Edgar, Carroll, Lua Lua, NZogbia etc. in it. Cheap as chips and just what any club needs.

From the whispers being banded about I would be suprised if 2 from your list were even here at the start of next season.

On what basis has Roeder got a good record with youth players? I'd love to know what effect he could have really had in just 6 months with the Academy. Surely the credit has to go to whoever was before him (Beswick was it?). Also, the young players at West Ham were already in the set up before Roeder took over under Redknapp.

On what basis has Roeder got a good record with youth players? I'd love to know what effect he could have really had in just 6 months with the Academy. Surely the credit has to go to whoever was before him (Beswick was it?). Also, the young players at West Ham were already in the set up before Roeder took over under Redknapp.

Its the same when people say Roeder was an England coach, he wasn't, he did a bit of scouting, thats all.

tbf this is Delima who attends ever youth/reserve training session and all the games for every club in Europe and even South America when he has the time.

Thanks for the heartfelt compliment Jon. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the heartfelt compliment Jon. Much appreciated.

No worries, some people just need to be told about your amazing knowledge of every youth player in the world about from the Newcastle ones for some strange reason.