Talk of an N'Zogbia Transfer request

Guest hindu times

Actually, even Babayaro & Carr were better under Souness than Roeder. Keep going on about it but one of our main strengths last season was Babayaro & N'Zogbia's link-up play down the left.

N'Zogbia tended to make a lot happen on his own as well, from what I recall. He was the only player in the entire squad who could receive the ball to a roar of "go on" from the crowd, as people tended to expect something to happen when he was in posession. He certainly wasn't world-class, but he stood out amongst some fairly average team-mates.

I wonder which player Roeder has handled well or whom he's managed to get playing to anything like their ability. None spring to mind.

Agreed. Had me laughing out loud there. Its true I don`t think anybody absolutley nobody has improved under Roeder.

I wonder which player Roeder has handled well or whom he's managed to get playing to anything like their ability. None spring to mind.

Agreed. Had me laughing out loud there. Its true I don`t think anybody absolutley nobody has improved under Roeder.

Nicky Butt and in terms of handling, Martins.

That's true, but they also seemed to have an understanding down that side. Babayaro almost always knew whether to play it inside or outside the opposing full-back for N'Zogbia to make the run onto. We've had none of that this season with Duff.

Babayaro's absences haven't helped much, either. I'd be interested to see how much those pairs have played together, actually, crocks from Chelsea eh? It's becoming a recurring theme these days.

There is no doubt that Duff has been as bad as N'Zogbia has been this season, yet a worrying number of people tend to accept that Charlie being poor is sufficient reason for him to be sold for a reduced fee this summer, while we'll be left with the older, slower, higher-paid and arguably more injury-prone left-winger out of the pair of them. Smashing. It's not exactly hard to understand why people are getting upset about this.

I'm not sure what else I can say on the matter other than it will be a shame to see our brightest prospect for a while leave this summer, whatever the reasons for him going might be. Also, I would also say that while Roeder hasn't covered himself in glory with the situation none of us know the true extent of his ineptitude on this matter. If he's as bad as we all think/say, he'll be gone soon enough regardless of what happens with CNZ. Just a shame that before he does we'll have to lose another fan-favourite in the process. Do the ends justify the means on this one?

Sibierski was shite at city. Improved.

Dyer has at times looked much better than he was, although not recently.

Dyer looked as good or better under Robson and Souness at times imo. Sibierski has improved but he's still shit ;) Agree with that you here: "How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does shit, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads. " You can't have it both ways. Although, he can't take much credit for motivating Milner imo, who has done well.

Dyer looked as good or better under Robson and Souness at times imo. Sibierski has improved but he's still shit ;) Agree with that you here: "How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does shit, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads. " You can't have it both ways. Although, he can't take much credit for motivating Milner imo, who has done well.

Dyer said it was down to his time with Saunders in a recent interview that has improved his game.

Sibs scored a few goals against nobody teams, again honeymoon effect, finally got some first team football.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Bollocks. How does he get no credit for Milner, but all the credit for Zogbia. Both are down to the player or neither, unless you actually admit for once they are different people in which case the comparison was a smokescreen for another baseless attack

How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does shit, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads.

I have never once said a player has played shit due to Roeder.  I have said before the TEAM has played shit due to Roeder. There is a big difference.

Guest Beachcomber

I think something went out of N'Zogbia last year after his father died. For a young lad losing your dad is a catastrophe in any circunstances. Living in another country without the support of an extended family group can create all sorts of problems. For a while apparently he got personal support from Boumsong, but it was after he left that N'Zogbias motivation and concentration seemed to ebb. It can't have been helped by the arrival of Duff. Maybe this is the reason for his decline, maybe it isn,t, I just wonder how sensitive the club was to his needs given the circumstances.

Bollocks. How does he get no credit for Milner, but all the credit for Zogbia. Both are down to the player or neither, unless you actually admit for once they are different people in which case the comparison was a smokescreen for another baseless attack

Because he's treated Milner badly imo - i.e. almsot selling him, dropping him after excellent performances, etc. yet the lad has still done his best. Some players need no motivation while others need a lot. That's the key to being a good manager, being able to handle all different types of personality.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Because he's treated Milner badly imo - i.e. almsot selling him, dropping him after excellent performances, etc. yet the lad has still done his best. Some players need no motivation while others need a lot. That's the key to being a good manager, being able to handle all different types of personality.

how's about we just employ an average manager and stop employing difficult players who get deified by the fans? Now that would be amazing

How stupid is this. Player does well, down to him. Player does shit, down to Roeder. Get a grip lads.

I have never once said a player has played shit due to Roeder.  I have said before the TEAM has played shit due to Roeder. There is a big difference.

No, you said no-one had improved under Roeder. When i gave some examples this was put down to the player not the manager. Same difference tbh.

how's about we just employ an average manager and stop employing difficult players who get deified by the fans? Now that would be amazing

So you want to sack Roeder and get someone much better in?

No, you said no-one had improved under Roeder. When i gave some examples this was put down to the player not the manager. Same difference tbh.

They havn`t really improved due to Roeder though have they ?  As I said further up Dyer said it was down to alot of work put in by Saunders. Sibs just got lucky and has looked as crap as before against big sides. Milner was let know that he was playing for his furture at SJP or elsewhere this season.

Parker, Zoggy, Emre and Duff have all been a shadow of what they were before Roeder got here or their previous clubs.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So you want to sack Roeder and get someone much better in?

I really don't give a shit either way, we never should have ended up with Roeder, but the reasons for that are so ingrained that sacking Roeder now will make fuckall difference  dwon the line, we will achieve as much with Roeder in 5 years as anybody else we could get

But I do know a ridiculous criticism when I see it, and this Zogbia affair is the epitomy of it

Settling for mediocrity (although I'm probably being kind to Roeder there) nice one. The idea that we couldn't get anyone better than him. FFS! :lol: You've excelled yourself Vic.

Guest Invicta_Toon

They havn`t really improved due to Roeder though have they ?  As I said further up Dyer said it was down to alot of work put in by Saunders. Sibs just got lucky and has looked as crap as before against big sides. Milner was let know that he was playing for his furture at SJP or elsewhere this season.

Parker, Zoggy, Emre and Duff have all been a shadow of what they were before Roeder got here or their previous clubs.

Zog had his best form under Roeder if you believe some of the shite on here

Ridiculous to claim Parker or Duff had any form to compare to before Roeder

Emre has always been Emre tbh

Guest Invicta_Toon

Settling for mediocrity (although I'm probably being kind to Roeder there) nice one. The idea that we couldn't get anyone better than him. FFS! :lol: You've excelled yourself Vic.

I'm not settling for anything, but I've had the same view on NUFC for years now, I'm a realist and prefer not to delude myself and other this club is something it's not, and hasn't ever really been tbh

You tell me who was clamouring to come here, and how we somehow ended up with Roeder? Given FF's stellar record of persuading top managers from their current jobs to come manage NUFC?

Parker and Emre offered nowt to the team under Souness. Cant see how their perfomances this season are 'a shadow of what they were' under Souness tbf.

Dyer was tlaking about his finishing skills, not his running on and off the ball or his passing.