Roeder's scouting trip.But where???

NUFC06

Thats the simple way to look at it. I meant that if it wasnt for the individual brilliance of Martins in both games we would not have got the points and Kuyt isnt the player to be able to do that. In particular the equaliser at WHL.

This is way off topic. Sorry.

So what about on the numerous occasions where Martins' offered nothing and been sh*te, how do we know that had Kuyt been playing instead, he wouldn't have held the play up better and we'd have had more chances, less defending to do, etc?

Kuyt & Sibierski would have been the slowest forward line in the history of football. Anyhow you cant tell for sure, you're right, just a hunch i have, having now watched both players in depth and after 28 years of watching football games. Kuyt would have been the wrong buy for this season. Long term maybe different but i havent seen him win games on his own for Liverpool (and never will). Martins has for Newcastle and that is a fact. Roeder got the right man for the team in the short run.

Martins is good at creating something out of nothing.

Kuyt works hard and can score goals when given the right balls.

We barely create anything as a team.

=

My money would be on Martins doing the business with us. :)

When watching FA Cup semi final between Man U and Watford, I recalled the commentator saying Keith Burkinshaw, Boothroyd's assistant manager, would be flying to Argentina soon to watch 9 games in a week for scouting purpose.

If only Roeder or his scouts could do the same and unearth some rough cheap diamonds for us.

Guest SwissMagpie

I see the game of Lyon against Rennes at stade de Gerland.and the camera focused of Roeder in the stands with another two people.

The french broadcaster said:"This is Glenn Roeder,manager of NUFC,came to see couple of players in Lyon,one of the Kim Kallstrom"(who is on the bench) ;D

Guest SwissMagpie

Rennes defenders are rubbish.

In Lyon there is Cris,who is Brilliant CB,but it we want him we have to pay a lot.there is a right back,Eric Abidal.he too,will cost more than 8 Million IMO

Lyon players are not cheap at all.including Kallstrom.so i think that Roeder just wasted him time(altough Lyon is nice city)

I see the game of Lyon against Rennes at stade de Gerland.and the camera focused of Roeder in the stands with another two people.

The french broadcaster said:"This is Glenn Roeder,manager of NUFC,came to see couple of players in Lyon,one of the Kim Kallstrom"(who is on the bench) ;D

OMG

Typicall of Glenn...

I really hope that he is watching one of the following:

Cris, Florent Malouda, Éric Abidal

Abidal is LB and he is french international

He would be class here

Rennes defenders are rubbish.

In Lyon there is Cris,who is Brilliant CB,but it we want him we have to pay a lot.there is a right back,Eric Abidal.he too,will cost more than 8 Million IMO

Lyon players are not cheap at all.including Kallstrom.so i think that Roeder just wasted him time(altough Lyon is nice city)

Abidal is LB

Guest SwissMagpie

Sorry i ment left back,anyway if we want Abidal so we will have to pay a lot of money.

Can't see us wasting a lot of money on a left back.maybe he came to see Hatem Ben Afra who is very good and young player.BUT again cant see Lyon release him for nothing.they will want more the 10m.

Again,i think that its a waste of time for Glenn

Why would we want want a central midfielder though when we already have Emre, Parker, Butt, Dyer and the incoming Sidwell?

I reckon Emre may leave, Dyer hasn't played in the centre for a while with good reason, Butt is getting on and Sidwell is anything but 'incoming' at this stage.

1 GK Grégory Coupet 34

2 DF François Clerc 24

3 DF Cris 29

4 DF Patrick Müller 30

5 DF Caçapa 30

6 MF Kim Källström 24

7 FW Milan Baroš 25

8 MF Juninho 32

10 MF Florent Malouda 26

11 FW Fred 23

12 DF Anthony Réveillère 27

14 FW Sidney Govou 27

15 MF Alou Diarra 25

18 FW Hatem Ben Arfa 20

19 FW Karim Benzema 19

20 DF Éric Abidal 27

21 MF Tiago Mendes 25

22 FW Sylvain Wiltord 32

23 DF Jérémy Berthod 22

24 DF Romain Beynié

25 GK Joan Hartock 25

26 DF Fábio Santos 26

28 MF Jérémy Toulalan 23

29 DF Sébastien Squillaci 26

30 GK Rémy Vercoutre 26

34 FW Loïc Rémy 21

35 GK Alexandre Bouchard 19

36 MF Sylvain Idangar 23

38 DF Mourad Benhamida 21

39 FW Grégory Bettiol 21

1 GK Grégory Coupet 34

2 DF François Clerc 24

3 DF Cris 29

4 DF Patrick Müller 30

5 DF Caçapa 30

6 MF Kim Källström 24

7 FW Milan Baroš 25

8 MF Juninho 32

10 MF Florent Malouda 26

11 FW Fred 23

12 DF Anthony Réveillère 27

14 FW Sidney Govou 27

15 MF Alou Diarra 25

18 FW Hatem Ben Arfa 20

19 FW Karim Benzema 19

20 DF Éric Abidal 27

21 MF Tiago Mendes 25

22 FW Sylvain Wiltord 32

23 DF Jérémy Berthod 22

24 DF Romain Beynié

25 GK Joan Hartock 25

26 DF Fábio Santos 26

28 MF Jérémy Toulalan 23

29 DF Sébastien Squillaci 26

30 GK Rémy Vercoutre 26

34 FW Loïc Rémy 21

35 GK Alexandre Bouchard 19

36 MF Sylvain Idangar 23

38 DF Mourad Benhamida 21

39 FW Grégory Bettiol 21

?

I would be glad if Roeder could take these players here

2    DF    François Clerc 24 - nothing special right back

3    DF    Cris 29 - Very good centre back. Perhaps worth spending maybe 10M on him

5    DF    Caçapa 30 - Decent centre back but Cris is better

11    FW    Fred 23 - Natural goal poacher, good replacement for Owen if he is injured again. But would the public and the Chronicle tolerate another stroller on the pitch?

12    DF    Anthony Réveillère 27 - Nothing special right back

18    FW    Hatem Ben Arfa 20 - Great talent with attitude porblems

19    FW    Karim Benzema 19 - Even better talent than Ben Arfa

23    DF    Jérémy Berthod 22 - Don't know him but he is a left back so must be good :)

29    DF    Sébastien Squillaci 26 - Decent centre back. Maybe 5 to 10 millions?