Roeder's scouting trip.But where???

NUFC06

Guest Micktoon

Full Danish program last night. Fc Copenhagen have defenders who I think could do a job, Lars Jacobsen and Michael Gravgaard for example. Left back and Centre half, both Danish internationals.

Full Danish program last night. Fc Copenhagen have defenders who I think could do a job, Lars Jacobsen and Michael Gravgaard for example. Left back and Centre half, both Danish internationals.

I'd comfortable with a Scandinavian player. In general they seem to be more reliable than players from France, Italy etc. Dutch or German might do, too.

fm legend

What are you trying to imply? That I know him only from FM? Or that you only know him from FM? If the formal is the case, is libel and insinuation your hobbies? If the latter the case, not my fault if your knowledge is shallow.

Glenn Roeder will fly off on a European scouting mission this week as he closes in on several summer transfer targets.

The Newcastle boss will take in a league game on the Continent, either France or Italy, to run the rule over potential signings.

And he last night insisted that United are in a position to move swiftly at the end of the season to land the men he wants.

"Recruiting for next season is ongoing - we're watching players all the time," said Roeder, chasing three defenders and a midfielder.

"I'm aware of potential signings playing in the Premiership and every weekend we're out and about in Europe. I'm making a trip into Europe on Wednesday following up on a couple of players.

"This season we've clocked up more air miles watching players than ever before."

Roeder, as revealed by the Sunday Sun last month, is confident of landing Reading's Steve Sidwell on a free.

French sources suggest he is also keen on Nancy's left-sided central defender Pape Diakhate. But the United boss is also confident of an imminent off-field signing.

"I hope to be able to make a key appointment in terms of scouting in the very near future," he said. "I think there will be more of a European flavour about our set-up."

There are 2 games in France and 9 games in Italy played tonight

Where exactly do you think Roeder will go to watch?

I think Lyon's game is worth watching as well as the other french game

Also the italian derby between Inter and Roma will be interesting enough

What do you think?

I think those 2 lines highlights what is wrong with Newcastle's planning currently.  Roeder has several targets and he's watching one game?  It's too much of a job for just one man to line up prospective signings and prepare the first team squad for the upcoming matches, and Roeder doesn't have the staff who he can delegate the jobs to. 

In the last 16 days Comolli has been to 9 different countries, including Argentina, Brazil (twice), Spain, Portugal and Bulgaria as well as England and Scotland.  Much is just checking on players first hand but there is a lot of optimism about signing a Brazilian and Levski Sofia's 18 year old striker Atanas Kurdov, who's scored over 30 goals this season, comes over in the next couple of weeks to look around and train with the first team squad for a week.

Getting the setup right to recruit the right players in the window is more important than finding some players to sign without the right setup imo.  You might sign a decent player but was there a better option out there for Newcastle?  Without the right setup in place, Roeder will never know.

fm legend

What are you trying to imply? That I know him only from FM? Or that you only know him from FM? If the formal is the case, is libel and insinuation your hobbies? If the latter the case, not my fault if your knowledge is shallow.

erm...excuse me? I dont even think I want to answer your question. You are obviously a very, VERY disturbed man/boy/woman/girl if you think every little innocent comment is a personal attack on you.

ffs...

fm legend

erm...excuse me? I dont even think I want to answer your question. You are obviously a very, VERY disturbed man/boy/woman/girl if you think every little innocent comment is a personal attack on you.

ffs...

Its been known Delima gets all his football "knowledge" from FM (or as he prefers to call it "being well read") for quite a while, he gets a little touchy about it so I wouldn't worry.

fm legend

ffs...

Its been known Delima gets all his football "knowledge" from FM (or as he prefers to call it "being well read") for quite a while, he gets a little touchy about it so I wouldn't worry.

:lol:

fm legend

ffs...

:lol:

Glenn Roeder will fly off on a European scouting mission this week as he closes in on several summer transfer targets.

The Newcastle boss will take in a league game on the Continent, either France or Italy, to run the rule over potential signings.

And he last night insisted that United are in a position to move swiftly at the end of the season to land the men he wants.

"Recruiting for next season is ongoing - we're watching players all the time," said Roeder, chasing three defenders and a midfielder.

"I'm aware of potential signings playing in the Premiership and every weekend we're out and about in Europe. I'm making a trip into Europe on Wednesday following up on a couple of players.

"This season we've clocked up more air miles watching players than ever before."

Roeder, as revealed by the Sunday Sun last month, is confident of landing Reading's Steve Sidwell on a free.

French sources suggest he is also keen on Nancy's left-sided central defender Pape Diakhate. But the United boss is also confident of an imminent off-field signing.

"I hope to be able to make a key appointment in terms of scouting in the very near future," he said. "I think there will be more of a European flavour about our set-up."

What do you think?

I think those 2 lines highlights what is wrong with Newcastle's planning currently.  Roeder has several targets and he's watching one game?  It's too much of a job for just one man to line up prospective signings and prepare the first team squad for the upcoming matches, and Roeder doesn't have the staff who he can delegate the jobs to.  

In the last 16 days Comolli has been to 9 different countries, including Argentina, Brazil (twice), Spain, Portugal and Bulgaria as well as England and Scotland.  Much is just checking on players first hand but there is a lot of optimism about signing a Brazilian and Levski Sofia's 18 year old striker Atanas Kurdov, who's scored over 30 goals this season, comes over in the next couple of weeks to look around and train with the first team squad for a week.

Getting the setup right to recruit the right players in the window is more important than finding some players to sign without the right setup imo.  You might sign a decent player but was there a better option out there for Newcastle?  Without the right setup in place, Roeder will never know.

I agree with you that you need DOF to handle this sort of tasks.I always though that Tottenham are going in the right direction when it comes to watching young talents,watching alot of promising players all over the world.So far Newcastle didnt do anything like this and i think its a big mistake because if we have someone famous as DOF who has alot of connections and knowldege about European football this will help enormously when it comes to signing young talents.

I dont know about Comolli and i dont know what kind of job he is doing at Spurs?Maybe you will tell me.Did he sign anyone so far?

About Atanas Kurdov im from Bulgaria and i know alot about our bulgarian talents and i must tell that i would be very surprised if you sign Kurdov.Why?Because i dont think he is anything special.He is pretty much overrated.He has enormous

confidence and is pretty much because his father was famous football player and he things he is something special.

When it comes to real talent i think Marian Ognyanov is one of the biggest talents in Bulgarian football.He is only18 years old and scored the only goal for Levski in the Champions league.

Like i said i would be very surprised if you sign Kurdov

Where did you hear that btw?

Robson had the right idea early on with scouting, just had the wrong bloke doing it. I still don't know why when Wadsworth left though, the club didn't have someone in to replace him because the setup was there. Players like Lua-Lua, Bonvin, Kominelli, Gavilan, Fumaca, Bassedas, Acuna & Cordone all signed for the club or had trials down to Wadsworth. Again, like I said, most of them were crap and Wadsworth wasn't much of a talent spotter, but when he went to Southampton, Robson should have brought in someone better to do that.

What do you think?

I agree with you that you need DOF to handle this sort of tasks.I always though that Tottenham are going in the right direction when it comes to watching young talents,watching alot of promising players all over the world.So far Newcastle didnt do anything like this and i think its a big mistake because if we have someone famous as DOF who has alot of connections and knowldege about European football this will help enormously when it comes to signing young talents.

I dont know about Comolli and i dont know what kind of job he is doing at Spurs?Maybe you will tell me.Did he sign anyone so far?

About Atanas Kurdov im from Bulgaria and i know alot about our bulgarian talents and i must tell that i would be very surprised if you sign Kurdov.Why?Because i dont think he is anything special.He is pretty much overrated.He has enormous

confidence and is pretty much because his father was famous football player and he things he is something special.

When it comes to real talent i think Marian Ognyanov is one of the biggest talents in Bulgarian football.He is only18 years old and scored the only goal for Levski in the Champions league.

Well, I heard from a friend who lives in Yambol, he told me that it had been in the Bulgarian press/media that Kurdov and someone else whose name I don't know will be coming over for a week to have a good look at them.  If we like what we see, tentative agreement is in place with Levski to one or other or both.  He said Kurdov had scored 32 goals this season, which hasn't yet finished, which on the face of it sounds great, but statistics can always be misleading.  Maybe Ognyanov could be the other one?  Just know it's 2 youngsters from Levski Sofia, one is Kurdov and they will be staying with Berbatov for the week, whether he recommended them I have no idea.

Comolli is doing a solid job for Spurs.  Amongst others, signed Berbatov, Zokora and Ekotto for the first team and Taarabt, Pekhart and Olsen as youngsters to progress through.  Also set up a number of arrangements with other clubs, either as homes for loanees to get around work permit problems or with a view to taking their better youngsters.  Only cloud on the horizon is that Arsenal have made an approach to talk to Comolli about joining them.  Permission was refused but I don't reckon that will be the end of the story.

Time to go, hoping for something really good at lunchtime but probably fearing the worst.  King is highly doubtful irrespective of what is being said publicly, Keane's out, Berbatov don't like playing with Defoe (doesn't play with intelligence), I'd take a draw now if it was offered!

Like i said i dont know anything about Kurdov coming to Tottenham but there is nothing concrete as they will be for 1 week trials there.I very doubt that Tottenham will buy them but you never know.I wish them luck

About Comolli it seems that he is doing good job there and i hope that we can follow Tottenham example.

Our scouting system is very weak and at times i dont know if anything liike this exists at our club.

In the past we bought some young players but that was because of SBR's style of buying young talents.

Since then i think we havent bought anyone that young and i think that is huge mistake

One of the little things i like about Roeder(maybe even the only one thing i like about him)is that he is willing to give the young player a chance and also he is saying that he will buy only young players.Of course this 2 arguments were proven to be wrong.The signing of Sibierski and the permanent playing of Carr

What do you think?

Well, I heard from a friend who lives in Yambol, he told me that it had been in the Bulgarian press/media that Kurdov and someone else whose name I don't know will be coming over for a week to have a good look at them.  If we like what we see, tentative agreement is in place with Levski to one or other or both.  He said Kurdov had scored 32 goals this season, which hasn't yet finished, which on the face of it sounds great, but statistics can always be misleading.  Maybe Ognyanov could be the other one?  Just know it's 2 youngsters from Levski Sofia, one is Kurdov and they will be staying with Berbatov for the week, whether he recommended them I have no idea.

Comolli is doing a solid job for Spurs.  Amongst others, signed Berbatov, Zokora and Ekotto for the first team and Taarabt, Pekhart and Olsen as youngsters to progress through.  Also set up a number of arrangements with other clubs, either as homes for loanees to get around work permit problems or with a view to taking their better youngsters.  Only cloud on the horizon is that Arsenal have made an approach to talk to Comolli about joining them.  Permission was refused but I don't reckon that will be the end of the story.

Time to go, hoping for something really good at lunchtime but probably fearing the worst.  King is highly doubtful irrespective of what is being said publicly, Keane's out, Berbatov don't like playing with Defoe (doesn't play with intelligence), I'd take a draw now if it was offered!

Keane and King both started, the latter has scored. Martin Jol is yet again wide of the mark. mackems.gif

He's got his draw though, the spawny b****** ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I did though I thought it had gone until JJ stepped up at the end.!!  A NLD to savour, not because we won cos we didn't, but because we got a point out of a match that we should have lost by 2 or 3, leaving the scum fans with the feeling that they'd lost!  The match also showed that they can manage without Henry but they fall apart without Fabregas.

Keane had picked up a knock in training but they obviously exaggerated the severity.  It was plain for all to see that King shouldn't have been playing but with Gardner, Stalteri, Dervite, Ekotto and Lee all out, we needed someone to go the extra mile, fair do's to him, Ledders did ok.

ffs...

I am a very disturbed man/boy/woman/girl ... Very Kind of you, clearly not a very undisturbed poster, indulges in shooting the messenger!

Known? Show us eih? I get a little touchy, of course. No one discuss or attacks the merits of my message, yet everyone loves a bit of ad hominem comments especially if he knows nothing about the subject of discussion.

Known? Show us eih? I get a little touchy, of course. No one discuss or attacks the merits of my message, yet everyone loves a bit of ad hominem comments especially if he knows nothing about the subject of discussion.

Would prefer that in English if you could be so kind?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think?

Just to give an update, Kurdov has impressed in his trial and there is now more or less agreement for a deal to go through when the window opens.  The 2nd Bulgarian kid never came over due to injury but I don't think it was Ognyanov as Comolli says he is aware of him, but didn't say he was the 2nd Bulgarian kid.