Players in public

Guest hindu times

Guest Heneage

Hope the lads enjoy Tiger Tiger for the rest of the week :thup:

Need to relax man .

They did, tonight.

Nah that was dead hard work, the lads did their bestest and what can you say. [hughton]

Guest toonlass

The people who do see the players in the toon drinking should go up to them and tell them what they think. Why shouldn't the players know?

Guest toonlass

The people who do see the players in the toon drinking should go up to them and tell them what they think. Why shouldn't the players know?

Because that is harassment. Yell at the players at the pitch all you want, but doing it in public crosses the boundary in my opinion.

Give over man. That is pathetic. They don't mind the praise when they are doing well, they should take the flack when they are doing shite. If they are out drinking in Newcastle when they have a game in the next couple of days they deserve to know what the paying fans think.

Because that is harassment. Yell at the players at the pitch all you want, but doing it in public crosses the boundary in my opinion.

What a crock of shit.

Give over man. That is pathetic. They don't mind the praise when they are doing well, they should take the flack when they are doing s****. If they are out drinking in Newcastle when they have a game in the next couple of days they deserve to know what the paying fans think.

Why should they be harassed in public? Are they not free citizens with rights? You seem quick to play the victim, yet you won't acknowledge the rights of others. :no:

Guest toonlass

Give over man. That is pathetic. They don't mind the praise when they are doing well, they should take the flack when they are doing s****. If they are out drinking in Newcastle when they have a game in the next couple of days they deserve to know what the paying fans think.

Why should they be harassed in public? Are they not free citizens with rights? You seem quick to play the victim, yet you won't acknowledge the rights of others. :no:

I DO WHAT? What the hell are you on?

Why should they be harrassed in public? Well because they are supposed to be professional sportsmen, who shouldn't be out drinking before and immediately after games that is why.

No-one is saying they should be beaten up here you know, no-one is saying have a go at them when they are in the supermarket buying their groceries, but having a word with them when they are out in pubs and clubs is not harrassment. They choose this career and need to take the ups and downs that go with it. They don't like it, then they shouldn't go out into Newcastle drinking alcohol then.

Maybe they should have the sense to keep a fucking low profile for a couple of days.  Would take the piss if they're out on the drink in the next few days.  It's part of the job being recognised and it's also quite often part of the job getting paid about 40 grand a week.  Swings and roundabouts, I reckon I'd just stay in.

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

Guest toonlass

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

Get over yourself man.  :mackems:

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

Which bit of 'Professional athlete' and 'pissed on a regular basis' dont you understand.  Google it!!!

Guest Heneage

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

I might be opening a can of worms here but do you pay Blefuscu's wages?

Guest Heneage

There's a joke in there that I must avoid.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Guest toonlass

Oh come on man. You know that I have experienced that and guess what it has made me change my life and do things differently.

So can you honestly say, Nixon, that you think its ok for players to be out, absolutely slaughtered by the sounds of it, when we have two games in 4 days? And then we happen to lose both games?

Guest toonlass

There's a joke in there that I must avoid.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Aye but I have a right to my opinion too Nixon, as does everyone.