Today's matches

Lagerstedt

Is it me or does everytime you watch Spurs play Dawson fucks up in some way? Honestly the amount of mistakes he makes I am suprised he still gets rated as much as he does.

He's shit. I've always thought so. Apart from Ledley King all of Spurs centre backs are rubbish.

That's why they've conceded more goals than pretty much everyone bar the relegation sides.

Is it me or does everytime you watch Spurs play Dawson fucks up in some way? Honestly the amount of mistakes he makes I am suprised he still gets rated as much as he does.

He's shit. I've always thought so. Apart from Ledley King all of Spurs centre backs are rubbish.

That's why they've conceded more goals than pretty much everyone bar the relegation sides.

Aye they do all look a bit dodgy (I don't think Chimbonda is all that bad though) but it just seems everytime I see them play Dawson makes a big mistake that ends up costing them. He is starting to more wor Titus look solid :lol:

How the lad gets in the England squad and the likes of Lescott doesn't is amazing!

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Inter finally secure the title!

And AZ, Ajax and PSV all go into the final game on 72pts

Anyone else reckon Hughes & O'Brien were sitting on their respective subs benches yesterday afternoon watching that crap thinking, "F*ck, I wish it was 5 years ago".

O'Brien wasn't on the bench. Hughes was, though, and I found myself thinking "fuck, I hope he doesn't get that close to the pitch again".

He seems warmly remembered by Toon fans, which puzzles me, as he is one of the worst players I've ever seen play for us (and I've seen some real dross). He'll be available in the summer if you fancy him back.

O'Brien wasn't named as a substitute but I definitely saw him sitting in the dugout on TV.

Ah, that explains it then.

I was really disappointed with Pompey, pushing for Europe and sticking 10 men behind the ball. Perversely glad for David James, though.

Agreed. Thought Villa were much the better side. What do you think of Carew? Doesn't seemed to have scored many but looks good on the ball with his back to goal whenever I've seen him. Do you think you need a natural finisher alongside him for him to be a hit?

Guest kingdawson

How did Dawson fuck up on saturday? please explain? and 1878 said Centre backs hence chimbonda not being included.

Agreed. Thought Villa were much the better side. What do you think of Carew? Doesn't seemed to have scored many but looks good on the ball with his back to goal whenever I've seen him. Do you think you need a natural finisher alongside him for him to be a hit?

Scoring goals has been our problem all season. Only scored more than two goals once all season. Although, we've only lost 10 games so far, only 2 more than Arsenal. That's where our problem has been.

Carew has got problems with his fitness still (see going off yesterday). He's good to watch, he's got all the makings of a legend (we too like our big, bustling centre forwards), and some of his touches are incredible. He and Barry are the two most naturally talented players at the club, by a long way.

You're bang on with the mention of a natural finisher, though. Interesting that now finally Agbonlahor is playing up front rather than out on the wing (up front being his natural position) he has started scoring (although admittedly not whilst playing with Carew). But he's still a kid, we do need a natural scorer soon. The rumour is MON wants Bellamy, but even if Liverpool would sell him, is he going to  be prepared to drop out of the CL elite?

I'm looking forward to close season. We've got an excellent set of youngsters, if he can get the right experienced players to play amongst them, I think we could have a decent season.

Guest kingdawson

He's s***. I've always thought so. Apart from Ledley King all of Spurs centre backs are rubbish.

You're wrong im afriad. The real reason weve conceded so many goals has been down to a mixture of Robbo's dodgy form and more importantly the fact that we dont play with a defensive midfielder. Zokora and jenas are good players but neither can defend. Look how important Carsley's been for you this season.