Celebrations

Alberto2005

I really liked Emre's when he scored that sublime goal against Reading at SJP. He was obviously delighted with it (and I like to see that in celebrations) and I just found it funny and satisfying watching some of the boys join him in doing his bowing Muslim thing.

Didn't really like that one, tbh. Probably cause I'm very anti-religous myself.

We've had many players blessing themselves after they've scored a goal. And not once have I read you or anybody else complaning about them. But as soon as a Muslim does it..........

mackems.gif

Could be that it's never been a subject before? I don't like players making cross-signs when entering the pitch or any other religious signs either. happy?

Frankly.... I’m not bothered whether you like religious signs or not. You’ve only bothered to make your feelings known when a Muslim made a sign. Solano celebrated with crossing himself a million times before. Emre did it once and everybody talked about it.

Sigh.

I really liked Emre's when he scored that sublime goal against Reading at SJP. He was obviously delighted with it (and I like to see that in celebrations) and I just found it funny and satisfying watching some of the boys join him in doing his bowing Muslim thing.

Didn't really like that one, tbh. Probably cause I'm very anti-religous myself.

We've had many players blessing themselves after they've scored a goal. And not once have I read you or anybody else complaning about them. But as soon as a Muslim does it..........

mackems.gif

Could be that it's never been a subject before? I don't like players making cross-signs when entering the pitch or any other religious signs either. happy?

Frankly.... Im not bothered whether you like religious signs or not. Youve only bothered to make your feelings known when a Muslim made a sign. Solano celebrated with crossing himself a million times before. Emre did it once and everybody talked about it.

Sigh.

Fucking hell, I don't like Nobby's cross-signs either, but tell me when someone has mentioned it before, please, so I can go there and critisice him for it!

This is a thread about celebratioins, had someone said "I liked Nobbys cross when he scored that penalty", my response would've been the same as to Emre's.

tbf to Towelie wasn't Emre's celebration a little more elaborate than a player running away and crossing himself?

And?

Then its more than likely going to get comments from people who are anti-religious. Towelie has said he doesn't like Solano's aswell, what more do you want from him? :D

Wasn't even Towelie who brought it up he just said he didn't like it and gave a reason. Don't really see the problem, if anything you are the one who is making it about Muslims!

tbf to Towelie wasn't Emre's celebration a little more elaborate than a player running away and crossing himself?

And?

Towelie has said he doesn't like Solano's aswell, what more do you want from him? :D

I fully realise that. But again you also missed my point.

And?

Towelie has said he doesn't like Solano's aswell, what more do you want from him? :D

Ok please explain the point to me, all I can see so far is Towelie has said he doesn't like a celebration because he is anti-relligious and you have accused him of not liking it just because its Muslim. No-one mentioned Solano's celebration before but when it was brought up Towelie also said he doesn't like that and wouldn't like any other religious action in a goal celebration.

And?

What was your point? I thought it was that I was only having a go at the celebration because it was muslim and not christian? At least, that was your original point, you might now try and twist it somehow when you've realised you're wrong.

Edit: you beat me to it GeJon :lol:

We've had many players where they crossed themselves but not once have I heard someone talking about it. But as soon as Emre, or shall I say a Muslim, makes a religious sign, somebody started a topic about it and then other posters replied, mainly disapproving of what Emre did.

Why didn’t someone post a topic about Luque’s celebration against Palermo? Solano has been here nearly 10 years and every time he scores he blesses himself. Why hasn’t anyone started a topic? Or even made a slight remark about it?

Solano's "Merry Xams" message V Leeds was religious, no? I believe people loved it.

If you’re saying that Emre’s celebration didn’t attract much attention because he’s a Muslim, then I think you’re talking bull and you know it.  :rolleyes:

Guest JonnyRogers

Can some explain some of the celebrations you've mentioned, Solano's Merry Xmas celebration, Emre's bow and Luque's matador, I remember the goals but not the celebrations!!

Can some explain some of the celebrations you've mentioned, Solano's Merry Xmas celebration, Emre's bow and Luque's matador, I remember the goals but not the celebrations!!

Wasn't it Dyer who made the merry x-mas celebration, btw?

I mean look at all the shocking anti-muslim remarks here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=33504.0

Disgusted tbh!

So, why did Emre get a topic for his celebration and not Luque, Solano etc?

Ok we are all big Muslim hating racist, thats what you want isnt it?

I hear this sort of attitude from kids, Gejon.

Because it was an unusual celebration and someone wanted to ask something about it. But don't worry keep thinking everyone is anti-muslim because of it!

Out of interest are you a Muslim with a massive chip on your shoulder or just a member of the over PC brigade?

I mean look at all the shocking anti-muslim remarks here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=33504.0

Disgusted tbh!

So, why did Emre get a topic for his celebration and not Luque, Solano etc?

Ok we are all big Muslim hating racist, thats what you want isnt it?

I hear this sort of attitude from kids, Gejon.

Because it was an unusual celebration and someone wanted to ask something about it. But don't worry keep thinking everyone is anti-muslim because of it!

Out of interest are you a Muslim with a massive chip on your shoulder or just a member of the over PC brigade?

So if I want to defend something about a Muslim/Islam you assume I'm a Muslim with a "massive chip on your shoulder"? Get fucked, kid.

If you want to accuse people of something with no real reason then yes you are.

You think I'm a Muslim with a massive chip on my shoulders? Show me posts which proves that. (Apart from the above, in your view)

When players jump on the scorers back or on top of them in a giant scrum,frightens the life out of me.It would be just our luck for 

Owen to come back-score-and get injured in the celebration.

I'd fine them 2 weeks wages just for peace of mind

(miserable tw*t I know)

This whole thread basically, the lad mentions he doesn't like a religious celebration, you get the hump banging on about Muslims, he then clearly states that he doesn't like any religious celebration and you make out he is lying and just has a problem with Muslims. Basically you are twisitng the argument and putting words into his mouth to make the whole thing "anti-muslim".

Pathetic tbh.

This whole thread basically, the lad mentions he doesn't like a religious celebration, you get the hump banging on about Muslims, he then clearly states that he doesn't like any religious celebration and you make out he is lying and just has a problem with Muslims. Basically you are twisitng the argument and putting words into his mouth to make the whole thing "anti-muslim".

Pathetic tbh.

It's nice to have someone doing the talking for you :)