Dyer Transfer Request ??? - True Faith running with a few rumours

NG32

I think PSV away was a fairly big game and correct me if I'm wrong he was our best player on the night and his shot led to the bellamy goal! Just off the top of my head like..but knock yourself out mate you rant away!!!

CORRECTED - Feyenoord away.

Guest thommo78

I think PSV away was a fairly big game and correct me if I'm wrong he was our best player on the night and his shot led to the bellamy goal! Just off the top of my head like..but knock yourself out mate you rant away!!!

CORRECTED - Feyenoord away.

Aye....! You know what I meant though!!!

disgrace of a man and a human being

an absolute w@nker of the highest order as a footballer - can't keep his mouth shut about what he's gonna do and then NEVER delivers (2-6 vs manu for example)

when has he ever shown up in a big game?  i mean one of the finals/semis/quarters that we've been shat out of in recent years

can't shoot, pass, cross, tackle, stay fit & is the 'footballing intelligence' equivalent of horse sh!t

i'd let him go for free without a shadow of doubt, the wages could be better used for real, professional footballers

My oh my.

You have failed basic Newcastle United history lessons versions 1.

Personally I hope we don't lose him.

I agree...I think he can change games in split seconds...Not every game...But when you have Dyer in your team there is always a better chance of scoring (like he almost did towards the end of the match against Chelsea when his shot was saved by Cech)...He is more valuable to us than a lot of us think and appreciate...But if he wants to leave then that is a different story but only for the right price (6m at least)...

Robert used to be quiet for a lot of games and then BANG...goal from nowhere without anyone expecting it...Dyer does that too...

I wouldn't say that, look at the number of assists and goals Robert scored for us in such a short space of time compared with Dyer's record, it's an insult to Robert comparing the two.

Guest Ridzuan

I hope this rumours are not true.Dyer is an asset for us and he is one of our important player.It would be stupid to sell him,unless that is what he wants.I dont want to see him leaving but I also dont want to have a player who are not interested in playing for the club as well.

Guest WalkervilleMag

hope he has handed in a request,  means we wont have to carry on paying his wages once he has gone. If he has not and we decide to sell him. £5 million max is what we would get, and n other club would pay him 80kp/w, so we would have to make up the diffrence until his contract was due to end here.

I agree...I think he can change games in split seconds...Not every game...But when you have Dyer in your team there is always a better chance of scoring (like he almost did towards the end of the match against Chelsea when his shot was saved by Cech)...He is more valuable to us than a lot of us think and appreciate...But if he wants to leave then that is a different story but only for the right price (6m at least)...

Robert used to be quiet for a lot of games and then BANG...goal from nowhere without anyone expecting it...Dyer does that too...

I jumped slightly when i read that.

Guest WalkervilleMag

about once every two years.  Pathetic. there are championship players who could do far better than dyer, for about 65k p/w less money.

Can anyone say we are really getting our return for money on Dyer?

I know we can say that about alot of our players but he is one of the highest earners at the club. He was one of my favourite players, but I would be happy to draw a line under his time at Newcastle. I think he has had his best days for us and we need to let him go and he probably needs a new challenge. He could have been a Newcastle hero but he has blown his chances so many times.

He has been sparkling at times this season but he has just not done it enough, considering the wages he is on we have every right to expect bad games to be a one off or a small bad patch.

disgrace of a man and a human being

an absolute w@nker of the highest order as a footballer - can't keep his mouth shut about what he's gonna do and then NEVER delivers (2-6 vs manu for example)

when has he ever shown up in a big game?  i mean one of the finals/semis/quarters that we've been shat out of in recent years

can't shoot, pass, cross, tackle, stay fit & is the 'footballing intelligence' equivalent of horse sh!t

i'd let him go for free without a shadow of doubt, the wages could be better used for real, professional footballers

i stand corrected then - he didn't actually score a goal in a first round champions league group match, what a return in seven years or whatever it is

nobody boils my potatoes like this tw@t 'cause he looked to have it all when we signed him but years & years and countless millions of pounds later the only way he's progressed as a footballer and a man is that he knows the physio room inside out and tries to crash his cars less

teams must just love it when they see his name on the sheet before a match 'cause he's one less player they have to bother about, unless he has "one of his games", but seeing as they happen about once a season statistically i'd be confident as an opposition gaffer

Guest Gemmill

teams must just love it when they see his name on the sheet before a match 'cause he's one less player they have to bother about

I reckon that's bollocks.

Anyone have the statistics table of App's, Goals and Assists by Dyer for each season he's been with us?

I dare say Robert created more in 2 seasons than Dyer has in his last 5 seasons.

This does not go all the way back to when we first signed him but shows the last few years...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1596/diress3.jpg

teams must just love it when they see his name on the sheet before a match 'cause he's one less player they have to bother about

I reckon that's bollocks.

well i don't

actually i was being facetious but the point is that as a manager worth an ounce of salt i'd know how to play dyer and reduce the effect of his pace and also exploit the obvious deficiencies in his game

do you think it's any coincidence that he rarely (if ever) plays well against the better teams in the league?  in fact the only time i remember him doing anything recently was arsenal away this season where he was affored space and time...arsenal being the one team in the top 4 and perhaps the league that concentrate mostly on their own game 'cause they have utter confidence they can beat anyone in footballing terms

be honest with yourself if you were an opposing manager would you be THAT concerned about facing dyer?  he has no idea how to exploit space, he's a decent dribbler but how many times does he run out of ideas when he's running with the ball and end up doing nothing from a promising position?  how many telling crosses does he make?  how many telling through balls?  dangerous shots?  how many one on ones does he finish vs the amount of them he has? (yesterday being an excellent example)

basically with dyer all you need to say to any defender is don't go to ground - send him inside or outside but stay with him and the likelihood is he'll produce nothing or very little....

basically with dyer all you need to say to any defender is don't go to ground - send him inside or outside but stay with him and the likelihood is he'll produce nothing or very little....

Pretty much sums up how to defend agaist him. Spot on.

Guest WalkervilleMag

should of took the £20 million Leeds were reported to be offering. could of got us a couple of decent players, and another £20 million on leeds debt.

This does not go all the way back to when we first signed him but shows the last few years...

So, in six years:

APP: 131, GOALS: 14, ASSISTS: 14

How many players in the Prem, earning less than Dyer, have produced better stats than that over the last six years?

On his day (usually against weak oppo at SJP) Dyer is great, but far far too often he produces absolutely nothing, no matter what position he plays in.

Guest triggy99

This cant be true. Only 1 shot in 11 games? how bad is he

So, in six years:

APP: 131, GOALS: 14, ASSISTS: 14

How many players in the Prem, earning less than Dyer, have produced better stats than that over the last six years?

On his day (usually against weak oppo at SJP) Dyer is great, but far far too often he produces absolutely nothing, no matter what position he plays in.

bingo

get shot and replace him with barnes from derby or someone of similar potential

Guest Beachcomber

Somebody told me that Paul Scholes had scored more Premiership goals at St James Park than Dyer. Can anybody confirm this or otherwise? 

Somebody told me that Paul Scholes had scored more Premiership goals at St James Park than Dyer. Can anybody confirm this or otherwise? 

that's the paul scholes dyer was always intent on usurping from his position in the england team!!

scholes has fucken retired and dyer still hasn't got in ahead of him - ha ha ha