Dyer Transfer Request ??? - True Faith running with a few rumours

NG32

Guest Gemmill

His awful off the field behaviour basically amounts to pissing in the street when drunk, acting a t*** when drunk, and driving his car fast - something that pretty much everyone on here will have done on more than one occasion.  Always makes me laugh when you read the "Daft thing you've done when drunk" type threads on Gen Chat, and then you come on the NUFC Forum to find people moralising over Dyer/ Bramble/whoever being a bit of a t*** after a few drinks. :razz:

The sensible side of Gemmill, wonders never cease.

I'm one of the few people on here that regularly talks sense tbh. :razz:

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill - he suffered from the trappings of wealth and position. Surely with that though comes a responsiblity to conduct yourself accordingly ?

His treatment of SBR at the Boro away game was the finish for me with him - then came the fight with Bowyer.

Agree about the treatment of SBR, but a lot of that was down to Robson too - he failed to effectively manage some of the players in the squad.  As for him having a responsibility to conduct himself appropriately, we all have a responsibility to do that, but it goes out the window for many when they've had a few drinks - Dyer it seems is no exception to that, but nor are a lot of the people who have a go at him for it.  Who hasn't had a slash in the street when drunk?  Not many if we're honest, but ya fucker when Kieron Dyer did it you would have thought he'd pissed in the street IN THEIR MOTHER'S MOUTHS the way people reacted to it.

Maybe Villa would take him? Theyve done well with Nobby and Milner before, theyre cash rich due to the new chairman, and theyll be wanting to make big signings but will struggle to attract the real top class players as I assume none of them will want to play for Villa. Dyer would be a good signing for them as hed be classed as an England international, one of our "better" players, and would inject some much needed pace and movement into their side.

That type of club at a similar level to us is where I would expect him to end up. Villa, Pompey, or maybe CL football with someone like Celtic, although the Bellamy incident showed that theyre tight bastards even if Bellamy was the best player theyd had since Larsson.

Wed do well to get rid at this point in time. He not only has no real position, but hes also limited in a major way when it comes to every single position you can put him in. Cant play central midfield as he has absolutely no distribution other than passing to the nearest man, he cant play on the wing because he has no crossing ability and spends the entire game looking like he wants to come infield so he can then pass to the nearest man, and hes not a forward because he spends most of the game dropping into midfield and still does nowt. Dont think Dyer has gotten on the end of a cross once in his stint up front alongside Martins, nor is he to be found anywhere near Martins 90% of the time - every good withdrawn forward like Gudjohnsen, Bergkamp, Beardo, all of them were good at getting into good attacking positions and supporting the front men - Dyer has zero understanding of how to play that role.

Dyer is a good player who isnt good in any role/position. Hopefully this rumour is true, and he puts in another decent/good England performance or two and gets some real interest in him.

Guest Knightrider

Has there actually been any quotes or is this just made up b*llocks?

Made up bollocks tbh, TF love to stoke the Dyer flames so I wouldn't put it past them if this was a deliberate thing to turn people against Dyer, or more so. To be fair to them like, I'd love to see him leave too, even though he has done well in the main since his return.

Definitely not as good as he once was/could have been, but if we want a good squad (note squad, not team), then we want to be hanging onto the likes of Dyer.

EDIT: However, at the right price - it's more than likely to be good business. But if it's any less than £4/5m, then it's not worth it in my opinion.

Guest Knightrider

Dyer is and always has been and always will be the type of player who needs things built around him, trouble is at the big clubs, they need more than that type of player, where as at clubs like Newcastle, by building things around the one player, it will always be a long-term detriment (Shearer) so players like Dyer are ideal players for clubs like Portsmouth, where he can be the star man or big fish in the small pond.

Definitely not as good as he once was/could have been, but if we want a good squad (note squad, not team), then we want to be hanging onto the likes of Dyer.

We're not in a position to pay squad players in excess of £50k a week, though.

We're not in a position to pay squad players in excess of £50k a week, though.

He'll play more than you think, tbh. Our injury disasters aren't going to magically disappear, and Dyer is the sort of person who can come in and 'do a job' in more than one position. Plus, he's generally a decent player to have in any squad, for a club with the (realistic) aims that we have.

Also, we've been paying him £50k a week to do ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING for ages. And that can't have bothered Shepherd, et al, too much. ;)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Be glad to get rid of him, purely for the financial incentive. Then we can rebuild the team with a realistic wage structure.

Guest Geordiesned

10 great performances yesterday and then there was Dyer. Complete waste of space. He hasn't played well for a while and only seems to when he's returning from injury. Any decent bid should be accepted IMO.

Gemmill - he suffered from the trappings of wealth and position. Surely with that though comes a responsiblity to conduct yourself accordingly ?

His treatment of SBR at the Boro away game was the finish for me with him - then came the fight with Bowyer.

Agree about the treatment of SBR, but a lot of that was down to Robson too - he failed to effectively manage some of the players in the squad.  As for him having a responsibility to conduct himself appropriately, we all have a responsibility to do that, but it goes out the window for many when they've had a few drinks - Dyer it seems is no exception to that, but nor are a lot of the people who have a go at him for it.  Who hasn't had a slash in the street when drunk?  Not many if we're honest, but ya fucker when Kieron Dyer did it you would have thought he'd pissed in the street IN THEIR MOTHER'S MOUTHS the way people reacted to it.

Exactly, I love the way he gets the blame for the Bowyer thing aswell. Aye poor little Lee never loses his temper so Dyer must have done something :D

dyer is a sort of attacking utility player, not great in any fixed position but alright in all of them. he'd make a good impact substitute if we kept him on, but his reported wages are too big for such a role. anyway this story is likely to be bullshit.

disgrace of a man and a human being

an absolute w@nker of the highest order as a footballer - can't keep his mouth shut about what he's gonna do and then NEVER delivers (2-6 vs manu for example)

when has he ever shown up in a big game?  i mean one of the finals/semis/quarters that we've been shat out of in recent years

can't shoot, pass, cross, tackle, stay fit & is the 'footballing intelligence' equivalent of horse sh!t

i'd let him go for free without a shadow of doubt, the wages could be better used for real, professional footballers

an absolute w@nker of the highest order as a footballer - can't keep his mouth shut about what he's gonna do and then NEVER delivers (2-6 vs manu for example)

when has he ever shown up in a big game?  i mean one of the finals/semis/quarters that we've been shat out of in recent years

can't shoot, pass, cross, tackle, stay fit & is the 'footballing intelligence' equivalent of horse sh!t

i'd let him go for free without a shadow of doubt, the wages could be better used for real, professional footballers

Aye. But enough about Ramage...

Personally I hope we don't lose him.

I agree...I think he can change games in split seconds...Not every game...But when you have Dyer in your team there is always a better chance of scoring (like he almost did towards the end of the match against Chelsea when his shot was saved by Cech)...He is more valuable to us than a lot of us think and appreciate...But if he wants to leave then that is a different story but only for the right price (6m at least)...

Robert used to be quiet for a lot of games and then BANG...goal from nowhere without anyone expecting it...Dyer does that too...

Guest thommo78

I think PSV away was a fairly big game and correct me if I'm wrong he was our best player on the night and his shot led to the bellamy goal! Just off the top of my head like..but knock yourself out mate you rant away!!!